🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

I know 3 people who went to MIT and all 3 ended up at places like Goldman and Deutsche Bank.

Yup!! lmao. People always get surprised when they hear that. They think all the MIT guys go on to be engineers and schit like that, but in fact the street just looks for the most qualified guys. They don't care if you where a finance or an engineering major. They want people that are intelligent who can learn the tricks of the trade.

Advertisement
Yup!! lmao. People always get surprised when they hear that. They think all the MIT guys go on to be engineers and schit like that, but in fact the street just looks for the most qualified guys. They don't care if you where a finance or an engineering major. They want people that are intelligent who can learn the tricks of the trade.
The dude that ended up at Goldman was an Engineering Major at MIT. He might even have a Masters in it too from MIT.

Kid has speed, is tough, team player played all 3 WR positions and RB in games and because the Lincoln coaches could never settle on 1 QB sometimes playing 5 in 1 games he played some snaps at QB. And he also played Safety and returned kicks.

Literally every snap you didnt know where he was going to line up and went 1000% every time.

People that say he is a jag is just looking at the star rating. Watched this kid live 6 times this year and he was the best player on the field each time.
Thank you for the insight. Always appreciate good posters.

The dude that ended up at Goldman was an Engineering Major at MIT. He might even have a Masters in it too from MIT.

That is exactly how it happens. I have another guy with a similar degree from Stanford I work with. I as shocked when I first heard about it, but then I realized it was actually very common. They will take an MIT engineering major person over an econ kid from a school like Cornell or Penn any day of the week.

That is exactly how it happens. I have another guy with a similar degree from Stanford I work with. I as shocked when I first heard about it, but then I realized it was actually very common. They will take an MIT engineering major person over an econ kid from a school like Cornell or Penn any day of the week.
His brother was one of my best friends growing up and I remember asking years ago, how his brother got a job at Goldman if he’s an engineering major and my friend said that the Wall Street people basically were like if you can do that at MIT, you can do this.

Advertisement
I have family in Spring Valley and I remember when no wanted to live in that part of town. Now people are getting pushed out to Rancho San diego!! Thats the boonies

There is some huge houses out there for cheap by San Diego standards. I can see why

How about you do some research on our school. Our school is one of the toughest and most competitive high schools in the country. The only reason people move to my town is so their kids can attend our school. Some people can barley pay rent in our town but they make sacrifices to stay because our schools are so good.

your school may be top notch but clearly not all of the students are top notch.

His brother was one of my best friends growing up and I remember asking years ago, how his brother got a job at Goldman if he’s an engineering major and my friend said that the Wall Street people basically were like if you can do that at MIT, you can do this.

That is exactly how it works. They just want to hire the most talented individuals. It is hard to judge how talented a 21 year old kid is, so they figure the best way to do it. Is hire the kids with the highest GPA from the best schools they can find. They figure if a kid is smart enough to get into MIT, Stanford, harvard, etc. and get a great GPA. He is going to be smarter than a kid who went to Cornell or Penn with a similar GPA. It is not always correct, but it is a good rule of thumb.

Advertisement
No, star ratings aren't 100% correct, but they have a very high correlation with success.
James Proche had 111rec 1,225yds 15TD's
Cedric Byrd had 98rec 1,097yds 10TD's
Omar Bayless had 93rec 1,653yds 17TD's
Tyler Johnson had 86red 1,318yds 13TD's
Antonio Gandy-Golsen had 79rec 1,396yds 10TD's
Damonte Coxie had 76rec 1,276yds 9TD's
Tutu Atwell had 70rec 1,276yds 12TD's
Gabe Davis had 72rec 1,241yds 12TD's
Rashod Bateman had 60rec 1,219yds 11TD's
Brandon Aiyuk had 65rec 1,192yds 8TD's
Quez Watkins had 64rec 1,178yds 6TD's
Lucky Jackson had 94rec 1,133yds 4TD's
Tre Walker had 79rec 1,161yds 2TD's

None of them were 4-stars in High School, there's about 20-30 more I could name, but the point is it's possible to be productive while not being a 4/5-star WR.

Yes, stars matter. No one with half a brain would ever argue they don't, but stars don't determine your productivity especially at WR. It's more about the system you play in more than anything.

Should we try to land every high rated recruit we possibly can, absolutely 1,000%, no questions about it. But does that mean we can never take a kid that doesn't meet the high 4/5-star requirements? I certainly would hope not.

We're not in a position where we can get the pick of the litter for any player we want, therefore our coaches have to do their due diligence & find players that fit their system & can contribute early. When you have dire depth situations while simultaneously being a losing program you don't get to be as picky.

Thats that NFLU BS.. We legit have fans who care more about guys getting drafted and what they do in NFL than what they actually do here in hurricanes uniform.. **** has permeated the entire program..

Sorry but you're swinging and missing if that's what you think I was saying. I was only pointing out that the Pirate isn't a WR guru. The system is what's productive. So the big win will be Lashlee if he is who we think he is. And sure he needs to get guys that fits what he wants to do and it's great if this kid fits that bill. I just want kids here that want to play damned football. Not Playstation. Not some other guys girlfriend. Football. Somebody posted the quotes by Smith earlier and he seems to have his head on straight. I'll take that as a positive.

Advertisement
Last year we offered Don Chapman from Lincoln who ended up committing to UNC. Alot of people on here questioned the offer. I said we need to offer the kid because what is in the pipeline from Lincoln.

As a true freshman he played 13 games finished with 30 tackles 1.5 TFL 1 sack 1 FF 2 INTs 1 PBU

Advertisement
James Proche had 111rec 1,225yds 15TD's
Cedric Byrd had 98rec 1,097yds 10TD's
Omar Bayless had 93rec 1,653yds 17TD's
Tyler Johnson had 86red 1,318yds 13TD's
Antonio Gandy-Golsen had 79rec 1,396yds 10TD's
Damonte Coxie had 76rec 1,276yds 9TD's
Tutu Atwell had 70rec 1,276yds 12TD's
Gabe Davis had 72rec 1,241yds 12TD's
Rashod Bateman had 60rec 1,219yds 11TD's
Brandon Aiyuk had 65rec 1,192yds 8TD's
Quez Watkins had 64rec 1,178yds 6TD's
Lucky Jackson had 94rec 1,133yds 4TD's
Tre Walker had 79rec 1,161yds 2TD's

None of them were 4-stars in High School, there's about 20-30 more I could name, but the point is it's possible to be productive while not being a 4/5-star WR.

Yes, stars matter. No one with half a brain would ever argue they don't, but stars don't determine your productivity especially at WR. It's more about the system you play in more than anything.

Should we try to land every high rated recruit we possibly can, absolutely 1,000%, no questions about it. But does that mean we can never take a kid that doesn't meet the high 4/5-star requirements? I certainly would hope not.

We're not in a position where we can get the pick of the litter for any player we want, therefore our coaches have to do their due diligence & find players that fit their system & can contribute early. When you have dire depth situations while simultaneously being a losing program you don't get to be as picky.
This!!
We kept wanting the pirate and ignored all his 3 stars that put up those stats.
Remember Johnson at Toledo and now he's in the nfl.

Last edited:
why in the **** are there 13 pages in this thread.

LMFAO

I'm happy for the kid and the program, god forbid he actually finds a way to help us out...it would make A LOT of you look like MORONS....wait, do you really need help with that?

your school may be top notch but clearly not all of the students are top notch.
That's why we had 9 students going s going to an Ivy League School right. In the class of 2020, we already have a few going to Ivy League schools with lots more still to come. Go do your research on the school systems in Fairfield County.

Advertisement
Back