🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

If this is the best we can get, there is nothing wrong with it. However, it is sad how far Miami has dropped.
It's the best we can get right now considering the circumstances.

Our last WR corch messed up with his approach for this class & considering we ran the Enox 3 & out express we weren't all that attractive to a lot of high rated WR's.

In a new Spread offense with a better recruiter at WR, we'll land plenty of 4-star WR's for the 21 class.

But late in January being that the majority of the best WR prospects have already signed, Idk which 4/5-stars you could expect for us to sign?

And star ratings don't determine productivity for WR's in college, traits, route running & systems do. Just because he's a 3-star doesn't automatically disqualify him from being a good productive player for us.

Advertisement
We’ve got a few public schools in the Top 100 in Metro DC. I’m still waiting to hear what area he is in.

For sure DC has some areas up there as well. One of the guys I work with went to Thomas Jefferson out that way. They have their fair share of ivy league kids.

Our last WR corch messed up with his approach for this class & considering we ran the Enox 3 & out express we weren't all that attractive to a lot of high rated WR's.

In a new Spread offense with a better recruiter at WR, we'll land plenty of 4-star WR's for the 21 class.

But late in January being that the majority of the best WR prospects have already signed, Idk which 4/5-stars you could expect for us to sign?

And star ratings don't determine productivity for WR's in college, traits, route running & systems do. Just because he's a 3-star doesn't automatically disqualify him from being a good productive player for us.

No, star ratings aren't 100% correct, but they have a very high correlation with success.

Advertisement
Yes, he is one of those underrated So Cal 3 star. If USC had a team full of so Cal 3 stars they would go undefeated every year.

My dude you're still getting caught up in the 3 star vs 4 star debate. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is evaluations. Case in pt look at how many 4 star players the pastor signed that never panned out?? It's astronomical. On the surface it appears as though he did a tremendous job of improving the blue chip ratio, but thats only part of the story. You have to let this kid develop 1st before you rail against taking a 3 star kid vs one that was 4.

See Osburn's 2 star status

Last edited:
My dude you're still getting caught up in the 3 star vs 4 star debate. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is evaluations. Case in pt look at how many 4 star players the pastor signed that never panned out?? It's astronomical. On the surface it appears as though he did a tremendous job of improving the blue chip ratio, but thats only part of the story. You have to let this kid develop 1st before you rail against taking a 3 star kid vs one that was 4.

Many more 3 stars never pan out.

Advertisement
F*ck the offer list, watch the tape. What do your eyes see? Have some confidence in yourself.
Saw the name (didn’t recognize) so I watched the film (very impressed, wouldn’t mind offering on D also, physical, great ball skills). Shocked by the lack of offers but makes sense if he was hurt 7 games & plays in an under recruited area. Nice find by staff. Welcome kid!

For sure DC has some areas up there as well. One of the guys I work with went to Thomas Jefferson out that way. They have their fair share of ivy league kids.
He’s got to be like a math genius to go there. That school is over by Alexandria and shows up 1 or 2 in the country for public schools. It’s like Bronx Science.

It's precisely because of the system they run, that's my point.

That's why this is a good pickup because he fits the system perfectly.

I don't care about his NFL potential, if he's a productive college WR for us getting catches & scoring TD's I could give two fcks if he ever plays a down in the league.
Thats that NFLU BS.. We legit have fans who care more about guys getting drafted and what they do in NFL than what they actually do here in hurricanes uniform.. **** has permeated the entire program..

Advertisement
Hes got to be like a math genius to go there. That school is over by Alexandria and shows up 1 or 2 in the country’s for public schools. It’s like Bronx Science.

Yup lol, he ended up going to MIT and then decided to try his hand on the street.

My issue with the rankings, is because their are so many schools, they are even more inaccurate than the US news rankings. I usually just rank schools based off their number of elite college acceptances.

Dude I get what you're saying but that's really an irrelevant point to right now.

1) Our previous WR corch wasn't a good recruiter so all the good high ranked players we already missed out on.

2) It's late January, how many 4/5-star WR's are out there that you think we can sign?

3) The majority of our current WR group are 4-stars, so what's the problem?

4) We need depth & adding a kid that can enroll early who understands the offense we're going to run cant hurt at all.

5) We don't even have a WR coach on staff as of now, so what exactly is wrong with finding a solid prospect that can play & a be a contributor?

Is this fact? Wouldn't he need to enroll today?

Advertisement
In 10-15 years Skyline will be a white and Filipino neighborhood
I have family in Spring Valley and I remember when no wanted to live in that part of town. Now people are getting pushed out to Rancho San diego!! Thats the boonies

Yup lol, he ended up going to MIT and then decided to try his hand on the street.

My issue with the rankings, is because their are so many schools, they are even more inaccurate than the US news rankings. I usually just rank schools based off their number of elite college acceptances.
I know 3 people who went to MIT and all 3 ended up at places like Goldman and Deutsche Bank.

Advertisement
Back