🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff 🚨

Different buckets of money. Dorms will be amortized over a long period of time. It will also be recouped with room and board.

Nobody here understands how it works. They don’t get the bucket concept. It’s useless even trying to explain it to these dopes. And the ones saying we have all this money are just dumb. When other schools have double or triple the athletic revenue.

It’s like telling a startup company they have to invest the same amount on R&D as a company like Apple. We just have some limited thinkers here.

Advertisement
Telly's son plays OL for MNW, bringing him in will ingratiate with that staff a great deal even more so than we already were.

The combo of Lockette & Ed Reed recruiting kids to come here will pay dividends.

All we have to do is win on the field... Thank God we got D'Eriq King to help expedite that process.

Now, just put everybody in bubble wrap for 8 months till opening game kickoff lol.
"ingratiate" look at the big brain on Liberty City EL lol.

You're right. The OP is referring to the FSU TE coach who's being hired as an analyst. I thought it was about the ASU OC who got hired as WR coach. I get the names mixed up of all our hires. There are so many changes that it's easy to forget who's who.

Anyway, people are excited about the hiring of an analyst? My God, this is ridiculous.
He’s a locally respected former Dade County high school coach with a kid playing for MNW. He will help us with local recruiting.

Advertisement
He’s a locally respected former Dade County high school coach with a kid playing for MNW. He will help us with local recruiting.

I'm pretty sure that analysts aren't allowed to recruit. I can never fully understand how the analysts get around the NCAA assistant limit, but I'm pretty sure one of the restrictions on analysts is that they can't recruit.

You're right. The OP is referring to the FSU TE coach who's being hired as an analyst. I thought it was about the ASU OC who got hired as WR coach. I get the names mixed up of all our hires. There are so many changes that it's easy to forget who's who.

Anyway, people are excited about the hiring of an analyst? My God, this is ridiculous.

Should people be mad/upset?

I'm pretty sure that analysts aren't allowed to recruit. I can never fully understand how the analysts get around the NCAA assistant limit, but I'm pretty sure one of the restrictions on analysts is that they can't recruit.
They definitely can’t recruit off campus. I don’t know that it applies on campus. And In reality, he has personal relationships with the local coaches. That will help.

He can recruit. He can do everything except go to schools and do in home visits. So calling/texting the kids and their coaches/parents who he has relationships with and has known for years is perfectly fine along with social media I believe. Then obviously once the kids get to campus, he can do whatever he wants to do with them.

Advertisement
Analysts aren't allowed to attend off-campus recruiting events so they can't visit HS's, attend 7v7 tournaments, make home visits, etc. They are allowed to be present at on-campus events whether it be Paradise Camp, OV's, and unofficial OV's.

I believe they're also allowed to text and call recruits, but don't quote me on that.

They can recruit. They just can not recruit face to face off campus. So, they all can go look at kids play, work out or run track. "Oh look Coach *** cam to watch me play!" They can call, text, email, tweet, send bat signals to anyone. Plus they can scout other kids who are not already on everyone's must have list........................

If they show up at the same function in the city by coincidence he's not required to walk away.

Advertisement
Program always did have money, admin/BOT just thought they could get away without spending on par with the rest of CFB. UM was never poor, they were cheap.

Now add in money from the adidas deal, new TV and playoff deal and the ACC network, and UM has the means to do whatever it wants with the football team. ****, even before the new adidas and TV deals, the ACC was distributing money to each school on par with the sec schools.

What’s different now is that since Al was fired, the bot, admin and boosters have realized that they need to invest in the program if they want it to flourish. And they’ve done so. $3 mill salary for a coach was unthinkable here.. until Richt was hired.

The Highsmith Salary was to be paid by a booster. As per Barry Jackson.

So that’s why the fan base thinks the program has money... it does. Everything above was in newspapers etc... I don’t have any inside info or sauces. Just too much time on my hands, which I spend reading about this Fd up program.

As an alum who was on the finance committee for student government, I beg to differ. There's a huge difference between having money and having a pool of money to allocate. See my post on University Financing. If we have so much money, why didn't we spend it on the IPF? Because that's not how it works.

The very funny takeaway from your post is your referencing of the BOT opening up the checkbook for a coach. Everyone on here bashes Blake James, but if not for him, we'd still be trying to spend $1.5 million a year on an HC.

UF after Lockette?

From Barry J. article:

Former UM assistant Larry Scott reportedly is leaving his job as UF’s tight ends coach to become head coach at Howard. Lockette could be a candidate to replace him on the Gators’ staff.

Advertisement
UF after Lockette?

From Barry J. article:

Former UM assistant Larry Scott reportedly is leaving his job as UF’s tight ends coach to become head coach at Howard. Lockette could be a candidate to replace him on the Gators’ staff.
He’s just speculating.

I wouldn’t worry until someone reports they‘re actually going after him.

ASU was #81 in offensive efficiency in FPI last year. Miami was only 7 spots back at #88. http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/offEfficiency/tab/efficiency

This guy got fired because he was a bad OC. People need to stop acting like this is some kind of huge catch. I'll grant that he might not be a bad position coach, but that's basically where his Peter principle level of competence ends.
Let me break it down in terms you’ll relate to, Mr. Troll on Your 100th Account Here. I wouldn’t trust you to manage McDonald’s, but I’m good with you cooking the fries. Capice?

UF after Lockette?

From Barry J. article:

poor job by barry there. hes speculating based on no info. UF could be looking to hire someone w more experience as a college coach than Telly has. see how that works with the speculation

They can recruit. They just can not recruit face to face off campus. So, they all can go look at kids play, work out or run track. "Oh look Coach *** cam to watch me play!" They can call, text, email, tweet, send bat signals to anyone. Plus they can scout other kids who are not already on everyone's must have list........................
Let’s be honest, there are no more rules when it’s comes to who can recruit, how many “coaches” a staff can have. It’s the Wild West again and it appears as though UM is finally back in the saddle and ready to ride.

Advertisement
Back