🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff 🚨

Attachments

• B7F6201B-0595-4FFA-9FDF-9FAB051C0DE4.gif
    B7F6201B-0595-4FFA-9FDF-9FAB051C0DE4.gif
    343.9 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
WHAT Highsmith money? It never existed. Might be why he didn't get the job?

I'm really, really struggling to understand why the fanbase thinks we have money like Harvard.
Program always did have money, admin/BOT just thought they could get away without spending on par with the rest of CFB. UM was never poor, they were cheap.

Now add in money from the adidas deal, new TV and playoff deal and the ACC network, and UM has the means to do whatever it wants with the football team. ****, even before the new adidas and TV deals, the ACC was distributing money to each school on par with the sec schools.

What’s different now is that since Al was fired, the bot, admin and boosters have realized that they need to invest in the program if they want it to flourish. And they’ve done so. $3 mill salary for a coach was unthinkable here.. until Richt was hired.

The Highsmith Salary was to be paid by a booster. As per Barry Jackson.

So that’s why the fan base thinks the program has money... it does. Everything above was in newspapers etc... I don’t have any inside info or sauces. Just too much time on my hands, which I spend reading about this Fd up program.

Advertisement
Try to keep up. One BOT committed to paying Highmith’s salary for two years.

We’ve got a $100M contract with Addidas. We’ve got $25+M per year coming from the ACC, and that’s only going up. This idea that we can’t pay for anything has been debunked beyond nauseum, and has become tiresome, beyond tiresome. The money is there to be made, win games and the return on investment is there. Make the playoffs on a routine basis, and HRS is not only full, but season ticket prices have room to rise.

We are not poor. Get over that little crutch.
Even without winning UM football still makes a mint. I think that was part of the problem for so long. They knew they could keep collecting those checks without ever having to spend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ASU was #81 in offensive efficiency in FPI last year. Miami was only 7 spots back at #88. http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/offEfficiency/tab/efficiency

This guy got fired because he was a bad OC. People need to stop acting like this is some kind of huge catch. I'll grant that he might not be a bad position coach, but that's basically where his Peter principle level of competence ends.
Please stop the nonsense. Please. He is coming in as a WR coach.

ASU was #81 in offensive efficiency in FPI last year. Miami was only 7 spots back at #88. http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/offEfficiency/tab/efficiency

This guy got fired because he was a bad OC. People need to stop acting like this is some kind of huge catch. I'll grant that he might not be a bad position coach, but that's basically where his Peter principle level of competence ends.
Did I open the wring thread? I thought it said Telley Lockette up top.

Advertisement

He’s not calling plays for Miami so what does that even matter? Fact is he’s developed a first round draft pick last year and this year has a receiver who will be drafted in the end of the first round or in the 2nd round This year. Plus his experiences at California with their passing game. He knows wtf he’s doing period coaching receivers

Did I open the wring thread? I thought it said Telley Lockette up top.

You're right. The OP is referring to the FSU TE coach who's being hired as an analyst. I thought it was about the ASU OC who got hired as WR coach. I get the names mixed up of all our hires. There are so many changes that it's easy to forget who's who.

Anyway, people are excited about the hiring of an analyst? My God, this is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back