šŸšØ BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff šŸšØ

Exactly.

Love the pointing out of our ACC cut. Hello, everyone gets the same portion.

Athletic merchandise sales, ours are at best middle of the road in the ACC. The big state schools sell more than we do so we're trailing in revenue here.

Stadium, we have whatever deal we have with the Phins. Our conference opponents have their own stadiums and don't have to split the revenue. Once again, we're trailing.

Alumni base and fan base in general contributions. This isn't the ancient past where we had fans across the country in numbers. Our alumni base is smaller and often times indifferent with regards to donations. So we trail here as well.

We do have some high dollar donors, but that is true everywhere.

That is just in conference. Athletic budget wise, we're once again middle of the road.

For years we were at a barely break even level. That's why we joined a conference to begin with, to secure guaranteed money to stay afloat.

We pay what we can. If we were winning, we would have more money coming in from every angle listed above. Right now, we're secure, but still rely heavily on large contributions from some of our bigger boosters. Had Richt demanded his buyout, man it would've been tight unless one of the big donors stepped up. As it happened, some did to pay off Temple to get Diaz (right or wrong, that is what happened), etc.

When people float names like Meyer was earlier, they don't have a clue how we're nowhere close to being able to do something like that.

Someone like Meyers could be a possibility, but it would take a booster or several boosters ponying up big time out of their pockets... and I donā€™t know for certain we have boosters willing to do that

Advertisement
what success did they have ? Brownlee, Lucas (his cousin I believe), the center from Miami Central. Far from the days of getting Dalvin, Ermon Lane and Matthew Thomas

Yes, that success. Brownlee sure would be nice to have now with our lack of CB depth wouldnā€™t he? And Lucas isnā€™t related to him, I believe Telly coached his big brother some years back so the family connection was there. Yes, far from the days of landing SoFla 5*s when they were CFP contenders, doesnā€™t mean he didnā€™t help them land guys from SoFla last year that we wanted and would have taken.

Advertisement
Yes, that success. Brownlee sure would be nice to have now with our lack of CB depth wouldnā€™t he? And Lucas isnā€™t related to him, I believe Telly coached his big brother some years back so the family connection was there. Yes, far from the days of landing SoFla 5*s when they were CFP contenders, doesnā€™t mean he didnā€™t help them land guys from SoFla last year that we wanted and would have taken.

Understandable. Not underselling his value, just not ready to give him a crown yet. FSU & Miami both were horrible at those times. I do think with the additions weā€™ve made and if we WIN we can land some big names in South Florida. But itā€™ll be due to what happens on the field

8A99E3E1-C3EF-4ABD-ABE0-51FB4EB49810.gif

Advertisement
Manny haters feeling like Trump haters right now. They know what he is doing is right, just can't comprehend it.
Manny is setting up the foundation with some strong pillars. We are throwing a lot of cash out there, getting great hires and I hope it reaps a reward.
What more can we ask of this staff other than WIN, Motherfacker! WIN!
Sorry for the drunken rant, fellas. I should know better than to throw political **** into this message board. I am blaming it on the alcohol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back