🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Ponce back to App State 🚨

i-phonedo-last-of-us.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
For those in the know, was he truly lazy and/or not well liked the by the players? I was excited when he joined the staff and thought he would perform well and eventually take over for Gattis.

Uh...things did not turn out how I hoped they would.

Love to hear any good intel on Ponce.
dont think he was lazy but I think he didnt get along w Gattis and he wasn't running his O style. no one gets along w gattis and it was a mismatch in styles and you can't have your QBC teaching one thing while the O doesn't run anything close to it.

Advertisement
dont think he was lazy but I think he didnt get along w Gattis and he wasn't running his O style. no one gets along w gattis and it was a mismatch in styles and you can't have your QBC teaching one thing while the O doesn't run anything close to it.
That makes a lot more sense. Thx

Advertisement
I wish we knew for sure what the deal was Ponce. I really had high hopes for him at the U.
He explained it to you. It’s really hard working for someone who knows less than you do. Especially when the dumbass in question won’t listen to your suggestions. This happens in the real world quite a lot…. and you deal with it….. But in sports…. It’s really hard. Ego is a part of the equation, too. I worked for a dumbass DC one time. I tried to tell our head coach that even though the guy knew football, he had no idea how to call a game or create a defensive game plan. He was too fuccin unorganized. Anyways he had no clue. By the time our head coach figured it out, we were ALL looking for another job. This was on the high school level. My biggest regret during that time, is that I didn’t put in for the DC job when it was available. That head coach told me later, that he should have let me run that defense. It was his regret as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back