🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Ponce back to App State 🚨

Advertisement
Bruh I was gone for so long I didn't know Cribby said there would be coaching changes lol. Just saw his thread and now I know. I thought this was a pipe dream

Advertisement
If Gattis is leaving, I don’t get why Ponce had to go. Unless this is a legitimate upgrade career wise for him.
His wife has a good job in NC and doesn't want to leave so there's that.... Plus he gets his old job back as OC.... I have to assume he wasn't gonna be OC here so he bounced... Good for him.... If he's happy , more power to him ...

Advertisement
If Gattis is leaving, I don’t get why Ponce had to go. Unless this is a legitimate upgrade career wise for him.
Because a new OC will want his own staff and at the very least his own QB coach.

Better for Ponce to take this good guaranteed job now instead of waiting to see what a new OC will do.

Frank Tucker today:

"Ponce might be the OC with Mirabal as run game coordinator"

*Ponce leaves to APP State as OC

Tucker: "Shiiii I blew this. But PoNcE MiGhT rEtUrN aS Oc If ThE PoSiTiOn OpEnS Up"

I cant even...
View attachment 225175
That literally makes zero sense, Do you think Mario is going to let Ponce go elsewhere if he planned on giving him the OC job 😆

Bingo....I got action!!!

1673919104462.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane When people say Mario is letting guys find a landing spot, this makes sense. Step down in level, but back to calling plays and more responsibility. Hopefully the next move that is not quite a step up happens soon (and hopefully a couple more soon thereafter).

He's not burning bridges
I get that, but I also firmly do not believe that anyone would look at Gattis's performance this year and the way he left Michigan and said Mario was out of line for firing him after a month. At the end of the day, just like I had thought all along, Gattis will probably be fired. My wanting Gattis gone a few weeks ago had nothing to do with him, public shaming, costing us his eventual replacement (I think Mario has someone in mind if not lined up), or anything beyond thinking it cost us some WRs in both ESD and the portal. Hopefully the next guy works out better and hopefully at this point we are able to land 1-2 more WRs that can help re-shape the room.

Related/unrelated, I am glad to see Ponce land back with App State. I did not love his behavior this year, but most of us have been through ****** work situations.

Advertisement
Back