🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Ponce back to App State 🚨

Advertisement
I am going to start posting the screen shots of last year when Ponce was hired. Bunch of hypocrites in here.
The independent hire of Ponce was a great hire but in conjunction with Gattis as a OC it clearly didn’t work. The only time an OC not coaching qb’s works is if the HC is basically the qb coach and the person running the offense.

Ponce is casualty that was necessary to end this mess and start fresh.

Advertisement
Or maybe, just maybe.....he was part of a staff that was not aligned with what they were trying to do on offense...a problem amplified when half of your starters are down with injuries. Conversely, his offenses at Appalachian State scored points and gave significant problems to teams with superior talent. And he did this over the years with various QBs. Easy to blame coaches, and we here at CIS are good at this, but sometimes there is more to the story.

Anyone judging Ponce off of the QB performances here doesn't have a clue. Their performances were why Gattis is hopefully elsewhere next year. So yes, I agree with the above and all it takes is watching film to see thay the QB's didn't change, the way we used them did.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I'd love to see him put up huge numbers at App St just to see people start clamoring for his return in 2 years.

lmao he will probably kill it and in classic CIS fashion everyone here will ***** about why we didn't promote him

Advertisement
Listening to the Big O show podcast. Rumor is it was something personal with Ponce, not his work. He met a girl here in Miami a while back, and she moved to Appalachian state and then he gets the job here. So he wants to be closer. Something among those lines. Don’t shoot the messenger. 😂

Listening to the Big O show podcast. Rumor is it was something personal with Ponce, not his work. He met a girl here in Miami a while back, and she moved to Appalachian state and then he gets the job here. So he wants to be closer. Something among those lines. Don’t shoot the messenger. 😂
his wife lives up there. has for some time

Advertisement
Back