🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
6FF147AB-7DAB-40B9-8A50-DF29C8A51305.gif

Advertisement
Is King an infallible Burrow/Tu'a level QB? No.

Was he the #2 ranked QB (behind Kyler Murray) by PFF college in 2018? Yes.

He has clear strengths that can be leveraged for a highly successful offense. He throws a very accurate deep ball and he's a legit big play threat as a runner with what look to be 4.4 wheels. Chunk plays matter. He's also experienced with the RPO and understands the patience, timing and ball placement to execute it well.

Lashlee is a better pass game OC than Briles. I watched King at Houston and there were a lot of isolation routes and 1-route pass plays. On 3rd and longs he looked like HS Tate running around for his life trying to make plays out of structure - and it often worked. Lashlee will provide him more answers through design so he can make quicker decisions inside of structure.

King doesn't have a power arm, his pocket movement is loose and he's not a guy who makes progression reads and anticipates throws. He's also small obviously. Those are the limitations. But if our receivers can get a sliver of separation on 1on1 vertical routes he will punish the press man single high looks that have owned Miami for years. And his running ability makes him dangerous on option plays, QB draws and scrambles. One thing Briles did well is design run plays for King and I hope Lashlee steals some.

/assumes no "players notified" rug pull

Advertisement
So Ivins is basing this on the staff feeling good and the visit going well? S

This is the opposite of Navarro. He could have said "reported" and this potentially outs your source or puts them in a bad light. If he just says "feels good" then it provides the info. without giving the whole story away out of respect for those involved who prefer to keep it low key for now.

Those,people are now ****ed at Navarro and not at Ivins. I bet he burned some bridges for that.

You think a kid doesnt care about his moment but comes up with some elaborate commitment video? Has to announce on such and such forums? Has to make such a **** show out of picking a hat? Cmon bruh. Kids get paid good bread especially out of these sec schools for commitment videos etc. You think keeping it quiet till they ready really isnt important to them...
While that's definitely true, that almost pathological, overarching need for attention and the "everyone look at me" attitude while increasingly common, is also incredibly counterproductive. It's why so many of the recruits who think they are the next big thing and god's gift to sports end up having a very rude awakening when things don't quite work out how they envisioned. They end up crashing and burning hard instead of coping and moving on.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with the above take. I just wouldn't waste much time with these self absorbed kids who feel they are owed something because of their feelings. They still have some growing up to do.
Thats fair. But if them as players arent owed anything due to their feelings or otherwise than how much less as fans are yall owed by those same players?

Advertisement
Y’all so desperate for a one year rental Qb who will only help this team win 2 more games than last year.

he’ll help win coastal, save Manny’s job and we reach our 9-3 ceiling w Manny for the next 3-4 years.

y’all wanna win so desperately it’s sad. as long as manny diaz is here 9-3 will be your ceiling. watch !

This.

Thats fair. But if them as players arent owed anything due to their feelings or otherwise than how much less as fans are yall owed by those same players?

Nothing at all. I don't live and die based on the on field performances of these kids like I used to. Much older and wiser now.

Advertisement
Back