🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Huge get by Manny if confirmed to be true. I liked what one poster said regarding the difference from Tate to King was Tate’s potential versus King’s production. Lord I pray that Navarro didn’t ***** this up for Miami. A QB with King’s numbers could really thrive in Lashlee’s system. Imagine Jordan and Mallory with 6+ TD’s apiece. Or say a Pope or other WR catching 10+ TD’s? Who wouldn’t want to come play in that system if you’re an offensive kid in 2021?

Advertisement
I just don’t understand why we can’t have nice things? And if we do get nice things, y does it always have to be some drama around it?

This whole situation reeks of similarity w the Highsmith situation. Why in tf are our sources not succinct? I hope & pray we get King; we need a decisive playmaker to run this offensive; but my God, we gotta tighten up on all this misinformation....and it’s been like this for a while.

If Diaz has done one thing right it’s keep internal things and hirings quiet.

did diaz really do that? or is that because we always get turned down so he's scrambling for a hire??? last year we had 3 confirmed OC's before we ended up with enos, because all 3 of them turned us down and we had to panic hire enos.

Advertisement
Enough for what? To have the best offense in college football? You’re right, scheme, play design, and King’s escapability probably aren’t enough to carry the OL to the best offense in college football.

But that’s not really what anybody is expecting.

Canes OL was ranked what...129/130 (or close) last year?

Huge jump just to get into 50-60 range. Top 30 miraculous.

So, top 50-60 range gets the Canes...5 Ls and no ACCCD title?

Or do you think that level does better?

From ivins
578142A6-B38D-4F46-BBDB-8A610715828F.jpeg

Advertisement
Think he wants to build up suspense and make his own announcement. Per the Canesport article, it sounded like something was going to be coming out Monday and Ivins is now saying that he isn’t visiting anywhere tomorrow or Tuesday

Advertisement
Advertisement
King is better, a proven commodity. A serious need in the OL room doesn’t mean Miami shouldn’t take a QB who has excelled in a similar offense to the one they are implementing. Are there grad transfer OL Miami is not taking so they can sign King?

Also, signing King can offset any potential transfers out of UCG.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back