🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

1579456664613.png

Advertisement
Never a dull f'n moment smh and here I thought the program was a mess and now they're being outdone by our far worse media members.

Bull ****. A recruit spends years deciding on school, comes to that decision, then because reporters report, they suddenly go back on their own decision?Right. Maybe an oddball here or there but anyone else truly that weak minded to be triggered to change a life decision on a **** like manny is suspect.

I know you have cred and mean no disrespect and all but sorry not buying that fully.
You dont have to buy it fully. That's up to you. But if you dont believe especially in the case of kids in this day and age that it's a problem you might not quite have a lay of the land. They obviously see the bigger picture where the only way a reporter could know that is if a coach or future teammate told them that. Trust is essential in this situation needless to say. Far as coaches go it's one thing if their not already under contract somewhere cause then they're trying to leverage the situation one way or another. But if their under contract acknowledging that leak and following through could easily lead to big problems(financial and legal)for the individual as well as the institution. Things are never as cut and dry as people would like to believe.

Advertisement
How did he feel about you recording the conversation?

If he read this site, I would not post it. He would be furious. I annoy him because he cannot comprehend why people are so passionate about UM athletics. Am in the Analytics space and he is highly interested in that field, so he puts up with my periodic, but incessant questions about UM athletics. He cites the Ivys and Emory and how they do not have football teams, and I cite Duke basketball and Georgetown basketball as reasons to strongly support athletics. There a few other donors that I know as well who also abhor athletics, but two others contribute to football and watch some of the games. [He is still livid about the IPF....]

I actually think that more donors are supporting football now due to the disaster of 2019, than when we were elite. They all say that "manure" is highly intelligent. I do not think that he is the optimal choice....

People may deride these guys, but they raised $4B for UM and turned it into a top-50 school. It took USC 100 years with unlimited funds, and a location even superior to UM, to become a top-40 school. These guys are good and they love Miami and UM.

That bio-tech center is world-class. They may not support football, but they are a fantastic Board in regard to all matters not pertaining to athletics.

Advertisement
He’s performed at a higher level than anyone in Miami’s QB room. Yes, mostly against G5 competition, but how did our QBs perform against CMU, FIU, and LaTech? Is he Kyle Murray? No, but King is a playmaker.

You dont have to buy it fully. That's up to you. But if you dont believe especially in the case of kids in this day and age that it's a problem you might not quite have a lay of the land. They obviously see the bigger picture where the only way a reporter could know that is if a coach or future teammate told them that. Trust is essential in this situation needless to say. Far as coaches go it's one thing if their not already under contract somewhere cause then they're trying to leverage the situation one way or another. But if their under contract acknowledging that leak and following through could easily lead to big problems(financial and legal)for the individual as well as the institution. Things are never as cut and dry as people would like to believe.

I get what your saying and agree. Trust is a big thing and if a commit tells the staff he wants to commit but wants to go public at a specific time and date and then a staff member leaks it to someone in the media who in turn runs the story then i can see how that commit would feel they couldnt trust the staff

Advertisement
So a kid changes his mind on a destination simply because he can't have his moment? These are the kinds of kids we need to steer away from in my opinion.
Often. I dont think people grasp the way most of these kids make their ultimate decisions beyond the obvious. Theres kids that are firm in their decisions for whatever reasons. But theres also kids that PRAY on it and it comes down to a whim. Not trying to insult the crowd who puts merit into prayers. But if a kid is making that big of a decision based on a feeling he has do you really believe that feeling cant be altered...

Advertisement
I don’t believe this is a big deal at all. He isn’t changing his mind over social media or a reporter reporting (or perhaps guessing from the crown emojis by our players).

If a guy is mad he wasn’t able to build suspense so he could get more follows on Twitter, do not want.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back