🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
SIAP...

Wonder if King brings Corbin with him? Corbin can play and we could use a WR grad transfer ala Osborne again

Wiggins and Corbin as WR1 and 2...With Harley and hopefully an improving Pope behind them is not a bad WR corps at all. Payton could emerge too.
Wiggins isn’t a starting wr imo. Solid rotation guy who can catch the occasional deep ball

His coach says Oklahoma,LSU and Georgia are in it as well. Its not happening guys if those 3 programs are in it. Oklahoma would be a good fit for him but that would be like 4 straight Transfer QBs they would take on. You would be a idiot to go to Oklahoma after that if your a QB. LSU offense requires a very accurate pocket passer who can make precision throws. Georgia just got Jamie Newman and they run a Pro Style offense so im guessing if he went there it would be to transition to WR before the draft but idk why Georgia would take on a 5'10 QB and help him transition to WR?

Advertisement
From the Maryland 247

It's unclear if D'Eriq King will make it to Maryland today, multiple sources said Saturday morning.

King is dealing with family issues that could dictate he return home to Texas from Miami, a source close to the quarterback said. It's unclear if that's the sole reason, whether he might be leaning toward Miami, or if other schools have gotten into his ear about visiting. King is considering rescheduling his visit to during the upcoming week, a source said, but he has a short window to decide given his plans to enroll in college before the start of the second semester. Most schools have begun classes or will begin soon; Maryland's begin Jan. 27, while Miami's started last Monday. Clearly, if he doesn't make it today, Maryland's chances take a major hit.

Regardless of what happens with King, Maryland is almost sure to add a quarterback transfer and is likely to host others soon. We'll have more on that before long.

From the Maryland 247

It's unclear if D'Eriq King will make it to Maryland today, multiple sources said Saturday morning.

King is dealing with family issues that could dictate he return home to Texas from Miami, a source close to the quarterback said. It's unclear if that's the sole reason, whether he might be leaning toward Miami, or if other schools have gotten into his ear about visiting. King is considering rescheduling his visit to during the upcoming week, a source said, but he has a short window to decide given his plans to enroll in college before the start of the second semester. Most schools have begun classes or will begin soon; Maryland's begin Jan. 27, while Miami's started last Monday. Clearly, if he doesn't make it today, Maryland's chances take a major hit.

Regardless of what happens with King, Maryland is almost sure to add a quarterback transfer and is likely to host others soon. We'll have more on that before long.
Sounds like we dropped a bag

Advertisement
His coach says Oklahoma,LSU and Georgia are in it as well. Its not happening guys if those 3 programs are in it. Oklahoma would be a good fit for him but that would be like 4 straight Transfer QBs they would take on. You would be a idiot to go to Oklahoma after that if your a QB. LSU offense requires a very accurate pocket passer who can make precision throws. Georgia just got Jamie Newman and they run a Pro Style offense so im guessing if he went there it would be to transition to WR before the draft but idk why Georgia would take on a 5'10 QB and help him transition to WR?
he’s full of it. LSU is going to roll with Brennan(it’s all over their board), OU is going to roll with Rattler, and UGA got Newman. Y’all need to use some common sense.

Tate could play that role, too. I favor Perry for the same reasons as you (he didn't leave the team) but I wonder if we would build a Nick Marshall-type offense for King with more vertical passing. That actually fits Tate's game.
For some reason, the limited times I’ve seen Tate attempt to throw the football it looks like he can’t get any velocity on the ball. It’s almost like a kid with really small hands who can’t get enough grip to spin it.

I’m super excited about the prospect of bringing King in. I saw him a lot at Houston, and he’s a very dynamic playmaker. Not the best technical passer, but he doesn’t have to be with the strain he puts on defenses with his legs.

I haven’t seen that sort of athleticism from Tate. I’m familiar with his shuttle and all that, but on the field he couldn’t even shake La Tech defenders. I’m not one of the Tate haters on here, but Lashlee would have his work cut out for him with Tate from what I’ve seen.

I’d love to see Perry stick around as a veteran relief pitcher if we get King because King does have a history of getting dinged.

Which walk-on...The juco kid they brought in with experience in Enos's system? I don't think it's quite the negative you are making it if that was the case.

Yep, a twenty three year old vet that has experience in the offense best out a raw 17-18 year old ?

Advertisement
King may not be going to Maryland

From the Maryland 247 site:

I get it, but being a long suffering fan through 80s, 90s, and 2000s I know things can change.

I’m older than you , trust me . Ain’t a **** thing changing until we don’t get new leadership and fire Blake. We need to attack the disease and stop focusing on symptoms ...that’s our incompetent administration’s biggest problem

Advertisement
King may not be going to Maryland

From the Maryland 247 site:

This sounds like the excuse you’d use when you’ve committed to a school and you don’t want to waste your time on a visit. Especially when h was going up visit as late as yesterday.

BTW_ Fermin just put up an article with an interview with one of King's QB coaches who is from Miami.. sounds like he already left Miami or is for soon leaving and going to Maryland. Also mentions some other schools still "in the mix".... could be all smoke on the part of the coach.. did say King told him he likes the coaches, loved the campus and city..
Too many handlers and spokesmen is never a great sign for UM. I get a little twinge when I start hearing from various private QB coaches and relatives and people “close to the situation.”

Screenshot_20200118-101126.png

Advertisement
Back