🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

If pops is involved it could also be that "you scheduled a visit you promised the man keep your commitment, son." I guess that could be option "C". Then there is "D" : all of the above.
Not seeing “c.” Pops was influential in King breaking his word with Hologram.

Advertisement
Perry has had two years. Set him free, he'll never be the guy here
I like Perry. He won me over with his love of my alma mater. But he’s just too inaccurate to succeed consistently at this level. I’ve got no problem with him sticking around if he keeps that great attitude he showed last year, but his inaccuracy is a killer.

Advertisement
After all the disappointments and false hope, I no longer get too excited when people predict where players end up. But **** if I’m not feeling some type of way about the possibilities of King!

I like Perry. He won me over with his love of my alma mater. But he’s just too inaccurate to succeed consistently at this level. I’ve got no problem with him sticking around if he keeps that great attitude he showed last year, but his inaccuracy is a killer.
The thing with Perry as a backup is that he has a lot of experience and good enough skills that he gives you a chance if he has to come in mid game. Always good to have that. Plus, he seems to have become one of the better teammates on the team.

I wouldn’t have imagined saying this 12 months ago, but I think he is a positive on the roster as qb2 this year.

Advertisement
The thing with Perry as a backup is that he has a lot of experience and good enough skills that he gives you a chance if he has to come in mid game. Always good to have that. Plus, he seems to have become one of the better teammates on the team.

I wouldn’t have imagined saying this 12 months ago, but I think he is a positive on the roster as qb2 this year.
Exactly. The way King plays, he’s a risk to get hurt. He got banged up a few times at Houston. I like Perry in the middle reliever role with all his experience. And who knows? He might excel running a simpler offense like this.

Advertisement
I do think this is where he could shine, but his mechanics looked terrible after working all off season with the QB whisperer.
Forget "shine." It's his only chance to ever play football again.

Let him go for what? He has experience and injuries do happen. He can be a grad transfer next year so it wouldn’t make sense if he left now

Wasn't he also out past curfew partying the night before FIU. Cut both Perry and Williams lose. Go with King, TVD, and Matacho and completely reset the broken QB room. When the QB room has been a mess for years you have to clean out all the bad culture

1000 percent this...N'Kosi Perry can stay as long as he wants, he handled demotion like a man and was there for clown *** Williams it seemed like as a teammate every step of the way. Led us to a big victory over Virginia including selling his rail thin self out for the game clinching TD.

I have given up on him as starting QB, he just doesn't process thing or find guys without locking on, and is too inaccurate in the middle of the field and short stuff, and I think we are at a point where he is what he is...It's a shame because his arm is live, there is plenty arm talent there... You would need a monster offense and running game around him to win 10+. Tough kid and a Cane though.

Advertisement
I’ll happily trade any and all of our QB’s in a second for king.
I can’t believe we have groupies for a guy that is virtually incapable of completing passes on a consistent basis. The man has shown no ability to be elite for this team. I like him as a backup but he will never take us to the promised land.

Exactly. The way King plays, he’s a risk to get hurt. He got banged up a few times at Houston. I like Perry in the middle reliever role with all his experience. And who knows? He might excel running a simpler offense like this.

Tate could play that role, too. I favor Perry for the same reasons as you (he didn't leave the team) but I wonder if we would build a Nick Marshall-type offense for King with more vertical passing. That actually fits Tate's game.

Tate could play that role, too. I favor Perry for the same reasons as you (he didn't leave the team) but I wonder if we would build a Nick Marshall-type offense for King with more vertical passing. That actually fits Tate's game.

I don't think Martell is accurate at any level...At least Perry hits the deep ball

Plus Martell is a douche, hope to **** he leaves.

Advertisement
Back