🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Since they can't comment on recruits, how do you know how they felt confident?

I think they were in the running for some and those are the guys you recruit all the way if they're talking to you. The ones they knew they had no chance, you didn't see them chasing.

I get it, it's the rage around here to **** on the coaches every chance you can. No need to make **** up though. ****, when we don't go after the elites, it's a *****fest as well. Can't win with a lot of you.

The coaches and people on the staff can tell people they know how they feel about potential recruits.

No one is making shlt up so you can take off your white armor and stop defending them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This would be a massive get, kid is the goods. You have to believe that an established talent like him paired with Lashlee will yield an explosive offense, and I don’t trust anyone currently sitting in our QB room...hope we can land him!

Maryland drops bags for the right players, never forget Anthony McFarland and his last second change of heart after a dinner date with his family, coaches, and “advisors”. There were several reports circulating that he was taken care of at that dinner.

Also, Locksley spent enough time at Bama to know how this game is played, and that infusion of Under Armour money certainly doesn’t hurt. If King doesn’t cancel his Maryland trip then he’s not a lock to come here, simple as that.

edit: that doesn’t mean I think he’s NOT coming here. I just believe that money talks and I don’t trust our coaches’ impressions when they constantly “feel good” about our chances and miss those same guys repeatedly.
That’s a very reasonable perspective. If he takes the Maryland trip he’s: a. not sure about UM; b. looking to cut a better financial package.

I’m always leery of an elite player like King looking at an absolute abomination like Locksley and Maryland. He’d be far better off at Houston than Maryland. Maryland is a toilet, and they’re never even on television.

Advertisement
I accept the "sauces" jokes in light of the HIghsmith fiasco, but everything I heard this morning was very positive. My educated guess is Cane.
Brady And Belicheck had a couple of back to back Ls this season. Hope we aren’t seeing the end off the D$ era too

Last edited:
Tate should be spending morning and night practicing as a slot receiver. He looked completely clueless in his brief stint in the bowl game.
I do think this is where he could shine, but his mechanics looked terrible after working all off season with the QB whisperer.

Advertisement
That’s a very reasonable perspective. If he takes the Maryland trip he’s: a. not sure about UM; b. looking to cut a better financial package.

I’m always leery of an elite player like King looking at an absolute abomination like Locksley and Maryland. He’d be far better off at Houston than Maryland. Maryland is a toilet, and they’re never even on television.

Exactly. Remove us from the equation. If I'm choosing between Maryland and Houston then I'm just staying in Texas unless somehow bridges were burned with Holgerson. Maryland brings absolutely nothing to the table unless they are actually dropping bags.

I went to La Carreta this morning in the hopes of conjuring up some good vibes for our lisping leader.

I watched this over a nice cafe con leche.

Here's King playing then undefeated 7-0 USF.

He threw for 419 yards and 5 TDs.
He rushed for 132 yards and 2 TDs on 12 carries.

Houston won.

"but hey dog we got kosi and jarren dog"

Go to ****.

That 4th and 7 run though.

Advertisement
Advertisement

If pops is involved it could also be that "you scheduled a visit you promised the man keep your commitment, son." I guess that could be option "C". Then there is "D" : all of the above.

Advertisement
Back