🚨 BREAKING - Cardinals fire Kliff Kingsbury 🚨

Uh Kingsbury is actually a **** poor HC. He’s 28-38-1 as a NFL coach & 35-40 as a FBS coach.

I told ya’ll, u guys get blinded by bells & whistles vs. facts. He’s a good #2, and a **** poor #1.

I would take him as a OC in a heartbeat b/c he’s a good play caller, but that doesn’t mean he has the pre-requisite to be a team leader.
As Rex Ryan said, Kingsbury had the best QB in the NFL, Mahomes, and couldn’t win at TT.

Advertisement
Five years (not arguing with you, my family is from St. Louis).

First year was so-so, then he put up 3 consecutive seasons of 10 or 11 wins (back when the NFL season was 14 games long). Won the NFC East for two of those seasons. His fifth year, the Cards went 7-7, including the infamous loss to Tampa Bay (the Bucs' first ever win, after starting 0-26).

Inexplicably, the Bidwills refused to pay Coryell in Year 6 and hired Bud mother****ing Wilkinson, who had not coached in 15 years.
Only worst ownership may be the Detroit Lions.

I don't know much about Kliff so I have no opinion whether he'd be good or bad, but I disagree with posters that suggest Mario wouldn't be interested in him. One thing we have seen thus far with Mario's short tenure here is he likes shiny things and Kliff certainly qualifies. It'd be a splashy hire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Second win for Tampa Bay, and first home win, 17-7. I was at the game.

The previous week the Bucs won at New Orleans 33-14 after the 0-26 start.

Those were the days.

Yes, you are correct, it was the first home win. Though I grew up a Cardinals fan, I was living in Orlando, so I saw the game on local TV. I remember the Bucs punter making his bid for an Academy Award by exaggerating contact and a dramatic fall on a punt deep in Bucs territory with 7 minutes to go. The punter then bragged about it in the newspapers the next day.

Jim Hart and the "Cardiac Cardinals" would have had yet another shot at a late-game come-from-behind, but that penalty allowed the Bucs to kill 4 more minutes of clock, wiping out any chance the Cardinals had. Even with a win, the Cardinals would have finished 8-6 and 1 game out of the Wild Card. What really hurt Don Coryell is that the Cardinal lost the last 4 games in a row, including 2 NFC East losses to the Giants and Skins, plus 2 Florida losses to the Dolphins and Bucs. The Cowboys won the NFC East and the Super Bowl that year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back