🚨 Biggest Canes Twitter Space ever - Portnoy, Ruiz, Big Cat, DBC, Ariz, Malki Kawa, Joy Taylor + more 🚨

If you read the other thread, a solution to our dirty agent problem is outlined…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Quick Summary as of 9:15pm central time (cuz my wife needs me to put the kids to bed).

Dannyboycane: Somehow, someway he is the GOAT of all this. He masterfully conducted the space making sure everyone got to speak in a timely manner while dropping quality tidbits of cane info. Very impressive as a moderator.

Ruiz: Ruiz spoke again on the stadium potentially being built in tropical park. Vouched for the legitimacy of the plans and presentation to city council and commissioners. He was asked by a “fan” what he thought about Nevin Shapiro and what inspiration has he taken from him. Ruiz was clearly irritated and said that Shapiro did things under the table while he is legit. Every deal announced has been thoroughly combed through by his legal team prior to release. He spoke in depth about the community outreach aspect of what he’s trying to do and not just the stadium. He spoke on the lack of top notch park facilities in dade county and how he
Is trying to enhance that. Also spoke on the incompetence of Darren Rovell.

Big cat and Portnoy: Gave a lot of insight on how they have grown the barstool brand and how they are potentially looking to increase it down in SFla. They were asked if there are any barstool NIL deals in the works for our kids to which
Big cat was pretty vague about. He did however offer Danny a opportunity at barstool at anytime so there’s that I guess. They would end every sentence with “go canes” which was weird but I’m sure they were doing it on purpose for humor.

Coach Hayes: This is the guy who does the evals on high school football prospects on YouTube. He was asked about the evaluations of Shemar Steward and Harold Perkins. Coach basicslly said that Shemar is a master at using his hands to engage and disengage with Olinemen. His speed and quickness for a kid of his size is just stupid. He said Perkins is a prototype at LB with great speed and size and if Mario can flip him and land both players he will be the greatest recruiter of all time.

Joy Taylor: She was in the space for about 20 min or so. She was just listening until it was made known she was there. She said she loves the hurricanes and college football is better when their on top. She thinks Mario is a great hire and thinks TVD has top ten QB in the nation potential next season. She was obviously asked about Jason Taylor and how Cyrus Moss has similar body type coming out of high school. She said she didn’t follow Cyrus but that Jason was def a pioneer in the slightly undersized but fast defensive end trend. You could tell some guys were asking questions just to say they talked to Joy smh

Footballvillle: He got on when the Barstool guys were off already. He was upset he missed them , saying he had some potential NIL opportunity questions for them. He spoke on Coach Mo (Shemar’s Coach) and the interview that Canesville did with him. Spoke on how the culture at Miami has changed with Mario basically deliberately taking his time with coaching hires and how Canesville will be getting out the “news announcement business” due to Mario controlling the information flow within the Hetch.

Peter Ariz: The other host was gushing all over Peter and basically said that he will be the top sports agent eventually. He then asked for Peter to drop a info bomb whether it be recruting or stadium news. Peter basically said he is no longer plugged in on the recruiting scene and had no info lol. He basically was being treated like a celebrity and then when it was evident that he has zero juicy nuggets to give they went back to regular scheduled programming.

Coach Mo: He was on and of course was asked questions about Shemar. He said Shemar is the most humble kid you’ll ever meet and he loves hard work. He said in the 12-13 years that he’s been doing this he has never seen this combo of talent and humbleness. He said that he’ll never push a kid to a specific school because at the end of the day and I quote “If Shemar goes to Texas and it’s 35 degrees in the winter, I’ll still
be in sunny Florida”.

At this point my wife said that I had engaged in enough “hurricane stuff” for the day and she needed help with the kids. Her lack of understanding that this is a lifestyle is concerning. Divorce pending.

Anyways they are still talking as I am typing this so someone else can feel free to takeover.

Goodnight!

Last edited:
Quick Summary as of 9:15pm central time (cuz my wife needs me to put the kids to bed).

Dannyboycane: Somehow, someway he is the GOAT of all this. He masterfully conducted the space making sure everyone got to speak in a timely manner while dropping quality tidbits of cane info. Very impressive as a moderator.

Ruiz: Ruiz spoke again on the stadium potentially being built in tropical park. Vouched for the legitimacy of the plans and presentation to city council and commissioners. He was asked by a “fan” what he thought about Nevin Shapiro and what inspiration has he taken from him. Ruiz was clearly irritated and said that Shapiro did things under the table while he is legit. Every deal announced has been thoroughly combed through by his legal team prior to release. He spoke in depth about the community outreach aspect of what he’s trying to do and not just the stadium. He spoke on the lack of top notch park facilities in dade county and how he

Big cat and Portnoy: Gave a lot of insight on how they have grown the barstool brand and how they are potentially looking to increase it down in SFla. They were asked if there are any barstool NIL deals in the works for our kids to which
Big cat was pretty vague about. He did however offer Danny a opportunity at barstool at anytime so there’s that I guess. They would end every sentence with “go canes” which was weird but I’m sure they were doing it on purpose for humor.

Coach Hayes: This is the guy who does the evals on high school football prospects on YouTube. He was asked about the evaluations of Shemar Steward and Harold Perkins. Coach basicslly said that Shemar is a master at using his hands to engage and disengage with Olinemen. His speed and quickness for a kid of his size is just stupid. He said Perkins is a prototype at LB with great speed and size and if Mario can flip him and land both players he will be the greatest recruiter of all time.

Joy Taylor: She was in the space for about 20 min or so. She was just listening until it was made known she was there. She said she loves the hurricanes and college football is better when their on top. She thinks Mario is a great hire and thinks TVD has top ten QB in the nation potential next season. She was obviously asked about Jason Taylor and how Cyrus Miss has similar body type coming out of high school. She said she didn’t follow Cyrus but that Jason was def a pioneer in the slightly undersized but fast defensive end. You could tell some guys were asking questions just to say they talked to Joy smh

Footballvillle: He got on when the Barstool guys were off already. He was upset he missed them , saying he had some potential NIL opportunity questions for them. He spoke on Coach Mo (Shemar’s Coach) and the interview that Canesville did with him. Spoke on how the culture at Miami has changed with Mario basically deliberately taking his time with coaching hires and how Canesville will be getting out the “news announcement business” due to Mario controlling the information flow within the Hetch.

Peter Ariz: The other host was gushing all over Peter and basically said that he will be the top sports agent eventually. He then asked for Peter to drop a info bomb whether it be recruting or stadium news. Peter basically said he is no longer plugged in on the recruiting scene and had no info lol. He basically was being treated like a celebrity and then when it was evident that he has zero juicy nuggets to give they went back to regular scheduled programming.

Coach Mo: He was on and of course was asked questions about Shemar. He said Shemar is the most humble kid you’ll ever meet and he loves hard work. He said in the 12-13 years that he’s been doing this he has never seen this combo of talent and humbleness. He said that he’ll never push a kid to a specific school because at the end of the day and I quote “If Shemar goes to Texas and it’s 35 degrees in the winter, I’ll still
be in sunny Florida”.

At this point my wife said that I had engaged in enough “hurricane stuff” for the day and she needed help with the kids. Her lack of understanding that this is a lifestyle is concerning. Divorce pending.

Anyways they are still talking as I am typing this so someone else can feel free to takeover.

Goodnight!
Very nicely done. Thank you.

The guy talking about Pete was his boss so that’s why he gushed all over him in the way @nystateofmind does over pieces of meat

Advertisement

Joy Taylor: She was in the space for about 20 min or so. She was just listening until it was made known she was there. She said she loves the hurricanes and college football is better when their on top. She thinks Mario is a great hire and thinks TVD has top ten QB in the nation potential next season. She was obviously asked about Jason Taylor and how Cyrus Miss has similar body type coming out of high school. She said she didn’t follow Cyrus but that Jason was def a pioneer in the slightly undersized but fast defensive end. You could tell some guys were asking questions just to say they talked to Joy smh

be in sunny Florida”.

Goodnight!

Great recap! I thought it was Malki hyping up Pete?

be in sunny Florida”.

Goodnight!
Great rundown man. I don’t think you missed much outside of the best pizza in south Florida.

be in sunny Florida”.

Goodnight!
You.... You sir.... You're ******* amazing for this! Wow thank you.

Advertisement
Really nothing crazy was said, anyone who is on CIS often knows most if not all of everything discussed for the most part.

the best thing imo is that Ruiz was the one that noted Perkins was visiting. Then other people commented on how good perkins is and basically how important of a recruiting win he would be... And you had Shemar Stewarts handler in there sounding pretty positive. Now perkins is obvioulsy still a major long shot. But this could have been a good sign the money is there. Regarding Stewart, I think it's very clear that he has an offer available and we are the leader.

I don’t listen to either much so

Podcasts be more structured??
Podcasts are usually way more structured. And for the most part is only between a handful of people. The listeners aren't ever involved in the discussion. Twitter space can involve pretty much anyone following the space.

I think for a discussion like this regarding football and miami hurricanes + NIL specifically it won't ever be better than this one was basically. It's not like these guys are going to say live that they're gunna pay Shemar Stewart to come here after all.... But say you do a twitter space discussing top Hip Hop artists or something - then you got 5 people leading conversation with a bunch of people hopping on adding their two cents, and throughout you have maybe a pretty major person coming in to talk for 10mins or so... (like how Joy Taylor hopped on basicallY).

Really nothing crazy was said, anyone who is on CIS often knows most if not all of everything discussed for the most part.

the best thing imo is that Ruiz was the one that noted Perkins was visiting. Then other people commented on how good perkins is and basically how important of a recruiting win he would be... And you had Shemar Stewarts handler in there sounding pretty positive. Now perkins is obvioulsy still a major long shot. But this could have been a good sign the money is there. Regarding Stewart, I think it's very clear that he has an offer available and we are the leader.
I had the same exact takeaway. This was the only thing that made me raise my eyebrows and caught me off guard.

She has ascended to @Paranos heaven

View attachment 173159

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office
The time is fast approaching for Joy to accept defeat and surrender to the one piece

Advertisement
Lol Portnoy keeps saying go canes after every time he talks…. This is mostly for fun for him clearly. Hopefully we can get him involved with barstool Miami for nil, or at least merch ****…
I’m not sure how these things work, but I think everyone says “Go Canes” sort of as a sign off to indicate they are done asking or answering their questions. That’s the impression I got after hearing everyone say it after they were done.

Advertisement
I’m not sure how these things work, but I think everyone says “Go Canes” sort of as a sign off to indicate they are done asking or answering their questions. That’s the impression I got after hearing everyone say it after they were done.
maybe. but they were very clearly doing it for humor. If he had a video on him he'd have a **** eating grin on his face every time he said it lol...

Advertisement
Back