“South Florida doesn’t produce QBs.”

I realize our program is collapsing and this is not a priority, but we’re on the recruiting board. Let’s put this cliche to bed.

Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater are three of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Their combined record is 14-4 and their numbers are outstanding.

In college, Tyler Huntley is the QB for #12 Utah and is 7th in the nation in QB rating.

I’ve held on to my belief in pro-style, but enough is enough. Let’s go full-on spread, sign the best local QB every year and pluck special QB talents from out of state.
So... start Tate 🤔 I wish we would. A leader with wheels and would force Enos to score points.

Advertisement
I realize our program is collapsing and this is not a priority, but we’re on the recruiting board. Let’s put this cliche to bed.

Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater are three of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Their combined record is 14-4 and their numbers are outstanding.

In college, Tyler Huntley is the QB for #12 Utah and is 7th in the nation in QB rating.

I’ve held on to my belief in pro-style, but enough is enough. Let’s go full-on spread, sign the best local QB every year and pluck special QB talents from out of state.
****, yeah, let's just sign an all-South Florida class. Load up on South Florida linemen while we're at it. Of course, these South Florida cats have always wanted to suit up for the Canes. Great to be enlightened on another reason for the decline of Miami football - just haven't signed enough South Florida QBs.

P.S. Ink a South Florida kicker while we're at it.

Spread oriented?

How are Brissett and Bridgewater "spread-oriented?" They played in pro-style systems in college and Miami offered both of them under pro-style OCs.

Lamar Jackson and Tyler Huntley, who we didn't offer, fit into the spread category. So would Geno Smith.

How are Brissett and Bridgewater "spread-oriented?" They played in pro-style systems in college and Miami offered both of them under pro-style OCs.

Lamar Jackson and Tyler Huntley, who we didn't offer, fit into the spread category. So would Geno Smith.
I don't know, your OP was talking about us giving up on pro style and going spread.

Advertisement
I don't know, your OP was talking about us giving up on pro style and going spread.

Yes. There are a lot of spread QBs down here we don't offer who have success elsewhere. Lamar Jackson and Geno Smith are the poster boys, with Huntley as the latest example.

Was the point of your post that spread QBs don't win championships? If not, what was your point?

I think you take Georgia's approach to recruit QB's. They recruited and signed Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, and Justin Fields in consecutive years. This type of talent was bound to produce a solid QB, and in fact, all three are starting. Important to note they missed on two local five star QB's (Davis Mills, and Trevor Lawerance).

If any program should be fine with running a spread offense, it should be the University of Miami. This wouldn't even be out of character given our PROUD history with the offense.
spread.png

I said the same thing after the Florida game with Brock Berlin I got my *** chewed out. We have speed in South Florida it's been wasted for years at the U... Up tempo spread let's see who keeps up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back