“South Florida doesn’t produce QBs.”

I’ve been open to a spread offense (wanted Leach last year) but still believed we could win big with a competent pro-style playcaller. Not anymore. It’s been the common theme in our failures.

Need balance no matter what...The teams that still remain physical out of the spread are the ones having the most success...Don't forget that south florida will always produce running backs.

Advertisement
You were one of the first, along with myself, to tout the promise of South Florida quarterbacks on this and other forums.

So, I am unsure why you are re-hashing a point you've 360 dunked on many times before.

Everything about Miami ******* stinks right now and has stunk for nearly 20 years. This is why they don't land (heck, some they didn't even recruit) these obvious studs and thats why they don't land the less obvious ones. This program is broken at its core. Everything that made it great is ruined

Miami’s commit is a pro set QB. We are looking at 21’ pro set QB’s. See where this is headed?

I’ve been open to a spread offense (wanted Leach last year) but still believed we could win big with a competent pro-style playcaller. Not anymore. It’s been the common theme in our failures.
The common theme is incompetent coaches. I lean towards spread also, but i can’t conclude much about po style offensive schemes based on the trash results of our recent staphs.

Advertisement
Baller

Attachments

• 21CA1DAC-2734-4861-AFAD-4380E0DE06E2.jpeg
    21CA1DAC-2734-4861-AFAD-4380E0DE06E2.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 32
I realize our program is collapsing and this is not a priority, but we’re on the recruiting board. Let’s put this cliche to bed.

Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater are three of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Their combined record is 14-4 and their numbers are outstanding.

In college, Tyler Huntley is the QB for #12 Utah and is 7th in the nation in QB rating.

I’ve held on to my belief in pro-style, but enough is enough. Let’s go full-on spread, sign the best local QB every year and pluck special QB talents from out of state.

Stop.. Florida doesn't. This is like your "we have talent on the OL because they make a NFL practice squad" argument (only for those players to let get cut because, surprise, they sucked - Tyree St Louis says hi). FL doesn't pump out QB consistently. For every 1 Bridgewater you get 20 Robert Marves in FL.

Florida pump out a few decent guys every 2 years probably and that's it. Texas and California pumps future CFB stars at QB like it ain't nothing. You could also say GA ad Hawaii as of late.

Last edited:
We aren’t going to be persuading the top talents for a while. Can’t blame them, either.

That’s another reason a true spread is intriguing. We didn’t even offer Jackson or Huntley. They would have signed in a heartbeat. There is no shortage of underrated, future NFL receivers in the region. We can build that offense without landing the cream of the crop.
I thought Lamar Jackson was committed to Golden for a bit?

Advertisement
Need to fly "No spread, no ched" banners so guide this senseless athletic department.

I'm hard pressed to think of any other team in any area of the country who has just flat out refused to play to their strengths like Miami has for the last 25 years. Imagine Wisconsin trying to run the hurry up no huddle for *three decades* with 4.8 white skill kids while their big *** linemen sit on the bench wondering why they can't get 3.4 yards a play. South Florida produces Jay Leno-sized garages full of lambos but we're hellbent on driving an F150 with a governor slapped on and set at 75.

It's one thing to lose, but it's another to lose boring like we have been. Our games are freaking yawn fests. Kids don't want to be part of this crap. Losing is bad, losing in snoozefests is horrendous for recruiting. I've been a die hard fan for the most part of my entire life and I struggle to not change the channel at times.... WHEN WE'RE ON OFFENSE. Enos was a titanic mistake.

Most importantly for us on this topic, you don't need 5 stars to have success with an up tempo spread... good thing, because after Chaney we aren't going to be seeing any for a long *** time with this **** we're watching every week. You need fast kids who can catch the ball and a QB who can get it to them. There are plenty of kids like that who would be part of Miami if we weren't a boring, embarrassment joke of an offensive team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** we obviously had bridgewater committed but wasn’t we close to getting brissett too?

There’s a man coaching high school football in Texas that would cure all of our problems

The NCAA would just commit mass sepuku if that ever happened. If I ever make it past the pearly gates I have to think one of the first things I'll see is some alternative universe TV feed with Saban crying at a press conference about how unfair it was that Art Briles' Miami offense snapped the ball before his defense could get set in a 73-0 Miami NC win.

Advertisement
I realize our program is collapsing and this is not a priority, but we’re on the recruiting board. Let’s put this cliche to bed.

Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater are three of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Their combined record is 14-4 and their numbers are outstanding.

In college, Tyler Huntley is the QB for #12 Utah and is 7th in the nation in QB rating.

I’ve held on to my belief in pro-style, but enough is enough. Let’s go full-on spread, sign the best local QB every year and pluck special QB talents from out of state.

Agree that the spread best fits the talent being produced in South Florida. Not sure why our administration can't see it.

Living in SLC Yes Utah is 12 the D is caring them along with Moss ( former commit asked to look else where by Richt I believe) Huntley is not asked to throw much and is as inaccurate as Perry is at times. The fan base loves Moss and not sold on Huntley. It's been a long season .

Imagine the Lamar Jackson show at the Hard Rock with the talent at receiver and RB we had at that time smh

Advertisement
Back