“South Florida doesn’t produce QBs.”

another D moeny SFL is the best thread. stop it with this thought process. FLA doesnt produce top tier QBs on average.

Advertisement
I realize our program is collapsing and this is not a priority, but we’re on the recruiting board. Let’s put this cliche to bed.

Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater are three of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Their combined record is 14-4 and their numbers are outstanding.

In college, Tyler Huntley is the QB for #12 Utah and is 7th in the nation in QB rating.

I’ve held on to my belief in pro-style, but enough is enough. Let’s go full-on spread, sign the best local QB every year and pluck special QB talents from out of state.

Aren't we already doing this with Perry?

I realize our program is collapsing and this is not a priority, but we’re on the recruiting board. Let’s put this cliche to bed.

Lamar Jackson, Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater are three of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Their combined record is 14-4 and their numbers are outstanding.

In college, Tyler Huntley is the QB for #12 Utah and is 7th in the nation in QB rating.

I’ve held on to my belief in pro-style, but enough is enough. Let’s go full-on spread, sign the best local QB every year and pluck special QB talents from out of state.

As has already been stated by others, it's just baffling that coaches at the University of Miami seem to be against the one thing that should be a given here. I mean, it just doesn't make any sense.

Just go out and get joe brady and call it a day. Put a dam monkey at head coach for all i care. I even saw lsu get the run game going. Thats all i needed to see. Pay that guy

Advertisement
Aren't we already doing this with Perry?
Its not the same, we have a pro style bro who trying to shoe horn spread here and there but not really fully committed. Those offenses usually struggle in college because you have limited practice time trying to be "multiple".. which means you think you can try to teach a college kid multiple offenses in limited time.. Good luck

It's the local QB's who have made you finally see what we should have been doing for years on offense???? No disrespect, but does anyone else find that odd? It's like you have been ignoring what local teams have and have been doing for as long as you've followed this team.

I thought Lamar Jackson was committed to Golden for a bit?

No that was never the case. He offered him as a WR or DB? Every time AG’s name comes up I cringe. He was the worst coach in UM history. And contrary to what many on this board thinks, I think he was a terrible recruiter too. Now that’s going off a tangent, LJ was never committed to AG or UM.

It's the local QB's who have made you finally see what we should have been doing for years on offense???? No disrespect, but does anyone else find that odd? It's like you have been ignoring what local teams have and have been doing for as long as you've followed this team.

I've been open to the spread since Leach interviewed back in '06. But I've always believed the right pro-style coach could succeed here and envied Jimbo Fisher's '13 FSU offense as the model. Now, I've just seen too many failures to want anything but a pure spread.

Advertisement

Eugene Smith had himself a career too. Great CF player. If Jacory had gone to Oregon under Chip Kelly, he would have been a better QB for it.

I've been open to the spread since Leach interviewed back in '06. But I've always believed the right pro-style coach could succeed here and envied Jimbo Fisher's '13 FSU offense as the model. Now, I've just seen too many failures to want anything but a pure spread.

Fair enough. Gotta recruit to you talent base and we haven't done that in a long time. First person I remember advocating that was Laus back in the day. RIP old friend.

We aren’t going to be persuading the top talents for a while. Can’t blame them, either.

That’s another reason a true spread is intriguing. We didn’t even offer Jackson or Huntley. They would have signed in a heartbeat. There is no shortage of underrated, future NFL receivers in the region. We can build that offense without landing the cream of the crop.
I think they did offer jackson late. I remember coley trying to get on him at the last minute.

Advertisement

It’s about time! If Lamar had come here he’d be pumping gas as a failed QB turned WR from back in the day.

You need to adapt to the talent you have. Every other top 25 school gets this.

We all thought Richt was bringing that offense. His son worked with Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo and he seemed to prefer the athletic QB. But, his dad wanted to run the old school pro style. I’m a pro style proponent. I wouldn’t mind an offense like the Patriots with a dual threat QB. It’s not going to happen with Enos and his staff though. There not going anywhere so he might just want to run the ball more. And some of tell Hickson to put Burns in the game or at least Rudy.

Anyone have the research on how many national championships south Florida QBs have?

Advertisement
Is there someone in a high place or people on high places that do not want the spread?
I remember hearing Portis and another alumn in an interview laughing at the thought of um hiring a spread coach. They said “we’re um. We get people ready for the pros and you can’t do that with a spread offense”
Meanwhile:

Advertisement
Back