“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Yeah sure. The year Al Golden was fired and we had James Coley calling HB passes in the snow on a potential GW drive.

But yeah, if he beat Miami (at arguably its lowest point as a program) than sure that's the barometer of a successful coach. Why don't we go grab Cutcliffe while we're at it as he's beaten Golden AND Richt.

Look up the definition of SARCASTIC, dude!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement
I'd venture to guess that Portland State team would have given Pitt 2017 or Duke 2018 a run.

Again, you cannot claim the moral high ground when comparing small market programs that do not have any kind of significant elite level football history to the UM job. We have the history and the turf to make us different.

And Mike Leach has the type of offense that falls apart a few times a year. When passpasspasspasspasspasspasspass doesn't work and you have nothing else to try, you lose to Cal 37-3 literally in the middle of their seven losses.

Michael also won at DESOLATE Lubbock, Tejas ( Yeah, yeah, yeah he never won a conference titles. So what. The point is he had consistent winning teams. ). Go figure. For example, both Pullman and Lubbock ( Are those towns even on the map? ) arguably speaking are VERY DIFFICULT enclaves to recruit, and sign, either Five-Star or Four-Star prep players. And as you mentioned above, Michael would have Top 20 offenses year in and year out. The only thing negative about him is his defensive acumen. He likes to out score opponents, but that just don't work against LEGITIMATE Power 5 schools. Think Boomer Sooner.

The bottom line is you have a Leach on your sideline, and have a defensive coordinator akin to Manuel, then Miami will be a LEGITIMATE Top 10 team faster than a NYC minute. And eventually a college football playoff team. Yikes.
Leach wouldn't abandon the D here, because he would be able to get top D recruits. That is not something he could ever get at Texas Tech or WSU. He did what he had to to to outscore opponents, because he knew the D was going to be a real issue, from a talent perspective. Talent wouldn't be an issue here.

Advertisement
I'd venture to guess that Portland State team would have given Pitt 2017 or Duke 2018 a run.

Again, you cannot claim the moral high ground when comparing small market programs that do not have any kind of significant elite level football history to the UM job. We have the history and the turf to make us different.

Yeah I'm sure they would. I'm sure they were a really awesome FCS team to knock off a P5 team on the road. I guess the same goes for the FCS team they lost to the following year. They were just really good. History doesn't win you games by the way, and I'm sure Leach was making about the same (possibly more) than Al Golden was at the time.

Leach wouldn't abandon the D here, because he would be able to get top D recruits. That is not something he could ever get at Texas Tech or WSU. He did what he had to to to outscore opponents, because he knew the D was going to be a real issue, from a talent perspective. Talent wouldn't be an issue here.

Funny how every single passpasspasspasspass coach in the country "just needs a DC" or "can't get defensive recruits". Did ya every think that it's because they spend 95% of their time and resources on the passing game?

Advertisement

Finally, a Cane man with a upper degree of common sense and college football acumen.

Not trying to be combative, just want your honest opinion. Do you think Al Golden got "top D recruits"?

And Mike Leach has the type of offense that falls apart a few times a year. When passpasspasspasspasspasspasspass doesn't work and you have nothing else to try, you lose to Cal 37-3 literally in the middle of their seven losses.

You're the king of the individual data point. lol

Im already on record w/r/t Mike Leach.

Advertisement
you got TARGETED by the Mork Groupie Flying Monkey DownVote Dip****s

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Advertisement
Question, what is Washington states record this season?

Advertisement
Back