“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Advertisement
That's why we sukk now, because of mindsets like yours...
I'm pretty sure us sucking now has nothing to do w examining a coach's body of work. The myth of Leach is far greater than the reality.

I was never fully on the Richt train. Got ripped for saying Blake needed to set him straight after his first 4 game losing streak in 2016. My top two choices after Golden were Mullen and Babers.

Like Richt, Leach has a propensity of dropping games he has no business dropping, and he's AWFUL in rivalry games. A bad Washington team is going to stomp him-- AGAIN -- in 2 weeks. He also is just as arrogant and stubborn as Richt and will absolutely throw his players under the bus instead of looking in the mirror.

He ain't it my friends.

Advertisement
Don't know if you guys have watched W-State much this year, but Leach is actually running the football AND playing some defense. He is a ***** trip though, and damm he's smart, especially for a football coach, not many have law degrees. I love his videos, someone post his position on getting married video, its funny as ****

Ignore the messenger, listen to his story at 3:50. Shows how other coaches view our talent. How are we 5-5?

Leach isn't the answer here, but forget that for the moment. I agree 100% with you D$!! : how many teams would keep their own rosters over ours? 15? Maybe 20, tops?

Or how many 5-5 teams are more talented than we are?

This is a total clusterfu*k, and no other way to describe it.

Some of you guys that wouldnt take Leach need to go back and look at the uninspired list of candidates the last “go around”. Although everyone around the country knows this is fertile ground no one is knocking down our doors, sans Leach... and Mullen that nobody likes either. Both would have been better than Richt and are the pinnacle of what we can attract at this moment

Should a just hired Butch and let him roll with it, no way he would be this bad. All you guys saying he's a bad game day coach, where do you put Mork as a GD coach, he's so busy with his little notebook thingy somebody needs to stick that thing up his **** so he can watch the damm game and coach. What does he have there a guide to D1 football, he is all into that thing man, half the time he don't see the play he's studying his little booklet, a good coach don't need no damm book he should know what needs to be called, not have to look it up

Advertisement
With all due respect, a lot of South Florida families have demonstrated that they don't give a **** about a coach's character or personality. South Florida families have zero loyalty to the home team. They couldn't care less how positive or nice a guy any of our coaches are. Nor do they care how disgusting or despicable other coach's are.

Recruits would be tripping over themselves to play for Leach, and their parents would be right behind them.
Battle's momma days hi. (Perfect example they don't care.)

Advertisement
I said it a few weeks ago and got downvoted for saying it (zero ***** given BTW) but Leach would absolutely kill it here. With that said, it won’t happen for a number of reasons. Most notably, the school probably views him as too controversial, and former players/alumni will be consulted by James and they’ll insist we need a “pro style guy!”. Rinse, repeat. We are perpetually stuck in Clappy’s final season.

The only caveat I'd put on the context of this entire thread is that the Ol' Pirate was desperate for ANY job at the time he made these comments to John Barron. He'd probably have said the same thing to any "in" he thought he had at a California or another Texas school too.

Not that I disagree with the validity of what he told John Miller and David Dennison about us though. Anything less than a 10 win season here should be a cot**** fluke and not the cot**** norm.

Mike Leach with his Confederate MAGA *** is going to do well sitting in some Liberty City/S Fla recruits home and establishing pipelines with high school coaches, like this is Texas or Washington?
You must be out of your fing minds.

Advertisement
Mike Leach with his Confederate MAGA *** is going to do well sitting in some Liberty City/S Fla recruits home and establishing pipelines with high school coaches, like this is Texas or Washington?
I'm sure the urban city won't know Leach is friends with God emperor Trump.

Leach would walk into a home and tell the kid that he is a coward and a disgrace to his city if he doesn't commit to the U.

Yet those same recruits have no problem playing for Alabama and a stadium full of Trump supporters. If the team is winning, kids will come here.

Advertisement
Back