“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Advertisement
I was never a Leach fan because those types of offenses make it hard to have a good defense to go with it. Of course after Randy, Al and now Mark for comparables, bring that crazy ****** down here and let’s see what happens. What do we have to lose?
He’s made two really good hires at DC lately (Grinch and then Claeys) and their defense is I believe top 25 this season in total defense.

He lost to Portland state twice in his career at Washington State. Why do I care if he wouldn't lose to them this year? Leach has only once in his career won more than 10 games. I never said Leach wasn't a great offensive mind; he certainly is. But he's not the best HC.

And being that I've lived in South Florida for about 20 years, I know how the families of South Florida recruits would act to his personality.
Yea South Florida kids and their families it seems need their ego stroked more than others

Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).
Man, ***** that. His O would bring kids in, period. Especially SFLA kids who want the ball in their hands.

Advertisement
He’s made two really good hires at DC lately (Grinch and then Claeys) and their defense is I believe top 25 this season in total defense.
Add to your point, We had the #2 defense in the country and we suck.

I would say let’s not worry about hypotheticals regarding how the defense would be effected

Advertisement
Hey @DMoney , could you dig up the Newspaper that Trump sent to Shalala after Shannon was fired? I rember he hand written that Shalala should have hired Leach.

Met this dude randomly in The Irma Hope in Cody, Wyoming last summer ... cool *** dude . Told him I was a fan and didn’t want to take up too much time. He said you’re at the bar ? I’ll be down in 30. Dude paid for all my drinks and shut the bar down with my folks and I . At the end of the night I asked him if he wanted the job at the U ... he said, “ oh **** yea. “
Awesome

Advertisement
If Shalala hated him, then that means he was exactly what we needed.

Leach makes under 3 million per year now. I think he would accept that same salary to coach at the school he's asked to coach for twice (after both Coker and Shannon got fired). He's not coaching because he loves teaching young men how to be life champions, he coaches because he wants to win a championship. Leach recognizes more than any coach in football that with Miami caliber players he'd have an offense so potent it would make Oklahoma's offense look pedestrian by comparison.

At 3 million a year salary, Leach could hire an elite DC for 1.5 million (Don Brown makes about 1.4 million and Foster makes about 1 million) and we'd have a HC/OC/DC combo for about the same cost as Rick alone.

Frenk needs to fire James and bring in a new AD whose first order of business is firing Rick and hiring Mike Leach.
Repeat this

I didn't know if it was after Shannon or Folden. But I'm wondering if someone has a picture of the paper.
I know it was definitely after Shannon, but I thought I read somewhere that Trump sent Shalala a New York times article after Folden got fired.

Advertisement
Listen, we have a coaching problem. It’s actually the same one we have had for a LONG time. We keep bringing in these players coaches. And the SoFla front runners keep quitting as soon as the ship takes on water. Hence, the consistent losing streaks that have plagued the past few coaches. But those players are quitting, there were some really bad selfish plays last night. That is on the players. But it starts with a lack of accountability from the coaches. We need a head coach with a destroy the other team mentality. Who has so much faith in what they are doing they are willing to do it anyway. Richt has NO sense of offensive identity and it shows game after game. There’s no accountability because we still have the same penalties every game. Just my opinion.

Leach rips his team a new ******* after loss. CANES NEED A REAL COACH LIKE THIS ... not some **** robot !!!

I love that *** chewing, bet I've watched that 50 times. Can you see Mork saying that ? Some of our guys may start crying lol

Advertisement
Back