2023 ‘23 OT - Monroe Freeling

I just don’t see it with Scaife. In practice, he looks like a mauler.

In the games, and this is over 35+ games, he’s always getting pushed around, on the ground, or missing blocks.
I agree but Pro Football Focus has him as a top 20 OT this year, the coaches like him and with better coaching and scheme, I can see him having a real break out year along with the rest of the starters on the OL.

Advertisement
I just don’t see it with Scaife. In practice, he looks like a mauler.

In the games, and this is over 35+ games, he’s always getting pushed around, on the ground, or missing blocks.
I don’t think Scaife was a big part of the problem last year

But I don’t think he’s part of the solution either

Tbh I don’t really see anyone on the line that really is though they showed some life at the end of the year as a group

Y'all are very positive about the OL. Hope you are right, but I still struggle to see the quality. Zion - sure. Campbell - physically has it. Rivers, let's hope this is not another 4 star under performer.
who's our second team?

Only spot here I am not 100% is the right side
"Zion, Rivers, Clark, Campbell, and Scaife is a good o line prediction ?"
Can Scaife actually turn the corner, b/c he was a turnstile much of last year, no matter the 2nd team ACC acknowledgement.

we losing 4-5 guys from this group
Rod probably never playing here
you can see attrition of 6 guys
BRING IN 6 MINIMUM

I agree but Pro Football Focus has him as a top 20 OT this year, the coaches like him and with better coaching and scheme, I can see him having a real break out year along with the rest of the starters on the OL.

I hope you’re right sir.

Advertisement
Y'all are very positive about the OL. Hope you are right, but I still struggle to see the quality. Zion - sure. Campbell - physically has it. Rivers, let's hope this is not another 4 star under performer.
who's our second team?

Only spot here I am not 100% is the right side
"Zion, Rivers, Clark, Campbell, and Scaife is a good o line prediction ?"
Can Scaife actually turn the corner, b/c he was a turnstile much of last year, no matter the 2nd team ACC acknowledgement.

we losing 4-5 guys from this group
Rod probably never playing here
you can see attrition of 6 guys
BRING IN 6 MINIMUM
I read somewhere we have 15 OL on the roster.

totally correct
our 2 deep OL is atrocious - you need to infuse talent NOW

this is from the spring 247 article on depth
does a single guy there harken back to any successful OL in the past few decades
out of this group, maybe 3 will play in the NFL, MAYBE

Left Tackle: Zion Nelson, John Campbell

Left Guard: Jalen Rivers, Jonathan Denis

Center: Jakai Clark, Ryan Rodriguez

Right Guard: Justice Oluwaseun, Logan Sagapolu

Right Tackle: DJ Scaife, Michael McLaughlin
Remove rodriguez and put seymour there!

You think Scaife holds down the RT spot?

They really like him

So they love Zion, Campbell, & Scaife.
Gracias @JgDaCane amigo for sharing your thoughts but we need to be careful here so as not to mislead anyone as Cribby said like which you then imputed to mean love. And make no mistake (shriek) that I love the way you like to use love as an expression of something greater than simple like but like was all there is to it not love. We’re simpatico bro.

Knocked. It. Out. Da. Park. Homey.

Gracias @JgDaCane amigo for sharing your thoughts but we need to be careful here so as not to mislead anyone as Cribby said like which you then imputed to mean love. And make no mistake (shriek) that I love the way you like to use love as an expression of something greater than simple like but like was all there is to it not love. We’re simpatico bro.

Knocked. It. Out. Da. Park. Homey.
Yeah, Mario said Campbell will be one of the best players in the nation. So I consider that love.

Advertisement
Yeah, Mario said Campbell will be one of the best players in the nation. So I consider that love.
971EB059-F9D4-466A-B1EF-8F8C6A946AA2.gif

15, and I bet 5 are not Mario caliber, we lose 3-5 this year
That's a huge hole
That seems likely. We are losing Oluwasen and Scaife to graduation, Nelson is likely leaving for the NFL. From the group of Seymour, Traore, McLaughlin, Rodriguez, and Washington who knows if any of them are what Mario is looking for in an OL. It seems like Clark, Campbell, Rivers, Cooper, McCoy, Sagopulo, and Denis are the only likely holdovers leaving possibly 8 spots to fill. If that's the case I think 6 HS recruits and 2 transfers is probably the best route to go with class spacing and having some vets in the room.

Advertisement
Always liked John I guess he was misused by the last regime. Also think Rivers at LG takes a massive ste to bring an All ACC caliber player

Advertisement
Isn't Campbell's eligibility up after this year?
On the roster it shows him as a 5th year junior. I think that's correct as well.

2018-RS year
2019-RS Fresh
2020-Covid year (No eligibility wasted)
2021-RS Soph
2022-RS Junior

Advertisement
Back