2023 ‘23 OT - Monroe Freeling

On the roster it shows him as a 5th year junior. I think that's correct as well.

2018-RS year
2019-RS Fresh
2020-Covid year (No eligibility wasted)
2021-RS Soph
2022-RS Junior

I know it was fashionable for a year or 2, but I can't see kids continuing to stay for 6th years...Who knows though....Gotcha

Advertisement
I know it was fashionable for a year or 2, but I can't see kids continuing to stay for 6th years...Who knows though....Gotcha
Agreed, I guess it just depends on his draft grade next February/March. With NIL now, maybe it's worth working on or completing a master's and getting guaranteed money while doing it compared to being a 4th round pick and having nothing guaranteed.

Not sure how active we are with this kid at the moment (hopefully very). In an update published yesterday, he said he wants to visit us along with some others during the season.

“They’re definitely really high on my recruitment.”

So are the other four programs. Florida got an official the weekend of June 17.

“Coach Napier and how he’s really turning the program around,” Freeling said. “I think he’s building something up there that’s definitely special.”
Miami got a visit the weekend of June 24.
“Miami it’s kind of the same thing, there is a whole lot of hype surrounding them,” Freeling said. “I just think they’re going to have to show it on the field this season.”

🙄. Sounds like UGA may have the upperhand at the moment, plus he still has 2 OV’s left so I assume he will take 1 of them there.

Not sure how active we are with this kid at the moment (hopefully very). In an update published yesterday, he said he wants to visit us along with some others during the season.

“Coach Napier and how he’s really turning the program around,” Freeling said. “I think he’s building something up there that’s definitely special.”
“Miami it’s kind of the same thing, there is a whole lot of hype surrounding them,” Freeling said. “I just think they’re going to have to show it on the field this season.”

🙄. Sounds like UGA may have the upperhand at the moment, plus he still has 2 OV’s left so I assume he will take 1 of them there.
hmmm we have to show it on the field...but UF is building SOMETHING.

The negative recruiting from these sec schools is elite...dont know who did it between uf and uga put that in it saying its alot of "hype"

The negative recruiting from these sec schools is elite...dont know who did it between uf and uga put that in it saying its alot of "hype"
I was just about to make a post about that too, I was staring at that quote for a good bit feeling like I was overthinking it...but nah

Advertisement
Advertisement

I’m just gonna go out on a limb and speculate that there is A LOT of context missing from this interview

Not sure he’s a day 1 starter like Samson and Mauigoa but he’s definitely a take no matter who we have in the fold

Definitely came from a member of Napier ****** army probably the 2nd OL coach who is supposed to be the recruiter but can’t recruit.

Hype is not a word that would come out Searles country *** mouth

Last edited:
Advertisement

Uf and uga have been in the lead for a while. As noted previously SEC is frontrunning. We are in it, but not sure how much w are in it.
Seems like a good kid. Hard worker and taking his time.

Advertisement
Isnt this the kid from South Carolina? Hes in SEC country. The SEC is in his ear 24/7. "Better brand of football" and all that nonsense. I want this kid bad. If we miss, the only way I feel better is if we get Samson. If that happens, I honestly won't even remember this kids name. Samson and Mauigua in one OL class and it really doesnt matter who the other OL recruits are. You got two 5* OTs to build on.

Hoping for the best here though.

Isnt this the kid from South Carolina? Hes in SEC country. The SEC is in his ear 24/7. "Better brand of football" and all that nonsense. I want this kid bad. If we miss, the only way I feel better is if we get Samson. If that happens, I honestly won't even remember this kids name. Samson and Mauigua in one OL class and it really doesnt matter who the other OL recruits are. You got two 5* OTs to build on.

Hoping for the best here though.
He’s lived there a year. From Oregon or Washington or some ****.

Advertisement
Back