2022 ‘23 5* Lebbeus Overton reclassifies to '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
F it, lets grab some A&M DLine transfers. Their leftover 4/5 star guys should be good enough to dominant the acc. No bag needed and still win...chess not checkers? lolz

Insert Birdman rubbing hands together gif/

Lol insanity. Absolutely the wild wild west out here in recruiting. There's no way some type of cap doesn't get put on this sooner rather than later.
I’ve been trying to wrap my head around how this could happen (but I haven’t actually done any research at all lol) for a few days now.

Who can put the salary cap on? Right now, I’d say no one. The NCAA has no authority if the players aren’t employees.

Complicating things even further is how each state has its own NIL laws, so I’m sure some senator from a state with unfavorable NIL laws will come forward soon enough. I’m not even sure what Congress could do, if they wanted to step in.

To me, it seems like a salary cap would have to be agreed upon by all ncaa member institutions, which is unlikely to happen. aTm budget is much different from Arky State.

I think more likely is we see the players deemed employees, and then see P5 break off. It might take a decade, but what is happening now isn’t sustainable.

What’s to stop them from giving him a PWO spot and pay for his school through NIL to save a scholarship?

I mean, technically you could say that about each and every Division I-A recruit.

I believe that most (if not all) of Miami's "good players" (starters and/or blue-chippers) are now making enough money from LifeWallet (and other NIL deals) to pay for school, and Miami is one of the most expensive schools in Power Five.

Advertisement
So that would put them at 30 signees plus a transfer QB lol I guess the SEC doesn't have to abide by the 25 IC rule.

You can have up to 7 "replacement ICs" for any kids you lose to the Portal after 12/15/2021. Those ICs could be used for HS kids, they do not have to be used for Transfers-IN from the Portal.

pretty much this.

Thats how they got shemar to...brought him in the same time as the other big time dl they were getting and pushed TEAMING up, etc.

Basically Bandwaggoning is the thing...You see Deion even used it after Hunter and is having to TURN DOWN kids now as random transfer portal kids want to go to Jackson ST n dont even know the difference between Jackson st and Jacksonville St...they think Deion beat FSU this year lol

In all fairness, he probably could have...

stop

people said this same thing when we signed Jabari Ishmael -- "his dad works at UM why can't he just walk on, he gets free tuition?" scholarships matter to kids and their families. no high level kid wants to be told "yeah we're giving 25 scholarships out but you're not going to be one of them, walk on though and use some of your NIL money to pay for school while the other 25 kids in the class get a free ride." that certainly is not going to fly for a 5 star kid who would have Bama, Georgia etc lining up to give him a scholarship. high level kids are going to get scholarships now and forever.

also, with the transfer portal being what it is, I don't think there's any coach out there who has to worry about exceeding 85 scholarships, let alone getting to 105 players in this fantasy scenario where 20 walk ons are getting big NIL deals. the major programs are always going to have kids cycling out looking for more playing time elsewhere, the idea of kids who could be getting on the field on scholarship at any Power 5 school in the country sitting around at Texas A&M so they can collect NIL money and not play makes no sense. there is a natural set of balances in the system that is only stronger now that you can freely jump to another school via the portal.

Butch would have convinced Jabari Ishmael to walk on and use his dad's tuition-remission employee benefit...

Advertisement
Advertisement
No one is saying not to pay kids but like everything it got perverse and it got perverse quickly. But w.e. always ppl defending dumbsh1t.

Also you seem to forget how unevenly **** is enforced. So not only were kids getting over the top money but schools like Miami are already being investigated and have hit pieces constantly written about them.

But you wouldn't know about that Mr.SEC Auburn guy.
You mad bruh? Still no mention of coaches. You’re still trying to blame “the kids”.
And for the record, you don’t know what the fck I know. Your last sentence sounded like a butt hurt hater lol..

I still think he’ll end up at UGA.

But here’s what really funny, 2023 5-star DT David Hicks from Allen TX is also heavily favorited to be signing with TAMU. Plus they already have 4-star DT Anthony James from Wylie TX & 4-star DT Johnny Bowens from Judson TX committed. And they’re the early leaders for 4-star DE Dylan Spencer from King (Houston) & 4-star DE Jordan Renaud from Tyler TX...

Like eventually one of these kids brains has to turn on & think to themselves, “Wait a minute, how am I gonna get on the field if there’s 25 people at my same position?” Lol
Who needs to play when you are getting paid like a pro bowler in college?

Advertisement
Out of all those high level D-lineman he’s the only one that’s probably going to be learning a new position. Doesn’t bode well for playing early.

Have to imagine if this kid was average size he would have been called Labia growing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back