2022 ‘23 5* Lebbeus Overton reclassifies to '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he’ll end up at UGA.

But here’s what really funny, 2023 5-star DT David Hicks from Allen TX is also heavily favorited to be signing with TAMU. Plus they already have 4-star DT Anthony James from Wylie TX & 4-star DT Johnny Bowens from Judson TX committed. And they’re the early leaders for 4-star DE Dylan Spencer from King (Houston) & 4-star DE Jordan Renaud from Tyler TX...

Like eventually one of these kids brains has to turn on & think to themselves, “Wait a minute, how am I gonna get on the field if there’s 25 people at my same position?” Lol

Advertisement
CFB has almost always been about the have's and have not's, NIL is just going to make that more profound. Unfortunately, don't think we'll be able to routinely compete with big boys in that realm.

It's interesting how it's an issue now that these young men are being paid for their talent and hard work. Now all of a sudden there should be a cap on because these young men are being paid for there services. It's the wild wild west now all of a sudden or college football is over now that some of these kids are making 6 figures plus.

No mention of capping coaches salaries for the past 20+ years. Coaches salaries are out of fckn control. A new first time head coach in ***** Diaz created generational wealth for his family by being the HC at the U. That **** was learning on the job, never played the sport and was an FSPOO Alumnus if my memory serves me correctly.

I was one of those kids that got paid to go to Auburn back in those days with a new car and the handshakes with the boosters in the lockerroom before and after games.

I played for Sonny Smith and he hauld *** to VCU because they almost tripled his salary and they bought him a huge ranch. That **** is still happening to this very day 20+ years later.

I guess I just want to know why some dudes take it so personally that these young men are being paid for their services. It's hard for some to accept change for the better.

That's my opinion and how I see it.
Very true. May be efforts going forward to tweak the system, but the NCAA/colleges know from experience they'd get hammered in the courts if they tried imposing a cap.

What’s to stop them from giving him a PWO spot and pay for his school through NIL to save a scholarship?
stop

people said this same thing when we signed Jabari Ishmael -- "his dad works at UM why can't he just walk on, he gets free tuition?" scholarships matter to kids and their families. no high level kid wants to be told "yeah we're giving 25 scholarships out but you're not going to be one of them, walk on though and use some of your NIL money to pay for school while the other 25 kids in the class get a free ride." that certainly is not going to fly for a 5 star kid who would have Bama, Georgia etc lining up to give him a scholarship. high level kids are going to get scholarships now and forever.

also, with the transfer portal being what it is, I don't think there's any coach out there who has to worry about exceeding 85 scholarships, let alone getting to 105 players in this fantasy scenario where 20 walk ons are getting big NIL deals. the major programs are always going to have kids cycling out looking for more playing time elsewhere, the idea of kids who could be getting on the field on scholarship at any Power 5 school in the country sitting around at Texas A&M so they can collect NIL money and not play makes no sense. there is a natural set of balances in the system that is only stronger now that you can freely jump to another school via the portal.

Advertisement
It's interesting how it's an issue now that these young men are being paid for their talent and hard work. Now all of a sudden there should be a cap on because these young men are being paid for there services. It's the wild wild west now all of a sudden or college football is over now that some of these kids are making 6 figures plus.

No mention of capping coaches salaries for the past 20+ years. Coaches salaries are out of fckn control. A new first time head coach in ***** Diaz created generational wealth for his family by being the HC at the U. That **** was learning on the job, never played the sport and was an FSPOO Alumnus if my memory serves me correctly.

I was one of those kids that got paid to go to Auburn back in those days with a new car and the handshakes with the boosters in the lockerroom before and after games.

I played for Sonny Smith and he hauld *** to VCU because they almost tripled his salary and they bought him a huge ranch. That **** is still happening to this very day 20+ years later.

I guess I just want to know why some dudes take it so personally that these young men are being paid for their services. It's hard for some to accept change for the better.

That's my opinion and how I see it.
There was no real way to cap bags, they weren't out in the open in the first place. Now NIL deals are above board, so it makes sense to talk about capping them.

That said, yeah, coaching money is way out of control. Schools are just flinging money at any decent coach so that somebody else doesn't get him. Saban's been doing it for years, and now everybody else has figured it out. Top to bottom there need to be some rules. I know it's unamerican to talk about limiting somebody's income, but there's just no way this inflation is good for the game.

stop

people said this same thing when we signed Jabari Ishmael -- "his dad works at UM why can't he just walk on, he gets free tuition?" scholarships matter to kids and their families. no high level kid wants to be told "yeah we're giving 25 scholarships out but you're not going to be one of them, walk on though and use some of your NIL money to pay for school while the other 25 kids in the class get a free ride." that certainly is not going to fly for a 5 star kid who would have Bama, Georgia etc lining up to give him a scholarship. high level kids are going to get scholarships now and forever.

also, with the transfer portal being what it is, I don't think there's any coach out there who has to worry about exceeding 85 scholarships, let alone getting to 105 players in this fantasy scenario where 20 walk ons are getting big NIL deals. the major programs are always going to have kids cycling out looking for more playing time elsewhere, the idea of kids who could be getting on the field on scholarship at any Power 5 school in the country sitting around at Texas A&M so they can collect NIL money and not play makes no sense. there is a natural set of balances in the system that is only stronger now that you can freely jump to another school via the portal.
Wouldn't you give the top guy a scholarship and ask the bottom buy to walk on with an NIL deal? That last guy in line is just happy to be there.

I still think he’ll end up at UGA.

But here’s what really funny, 2023 5-star DT David Hicks from Allen TX is also heavily favorited to be signing with TAMU. Plus they already have 4-star DT Anthony James from Wylie TX & 4-star DT Johnny Bowens from Judson TX committed. And they’re the early leaders for 4-star DE Dylan Spencer from King (Houston) & 4-star DE Jordan Renaud from Tyler TX...

Like eventually one of these kids brains has to turn on & think to themselves, “Wait a minute, how am I gonna get on the field if there’s 25 people at my same position?” Lol

Flip side to that is they all know how heavy those A&M bags are.

Wouldn't you give the top guy a scholarship and ask the bottom buy to walk on with an NIL deal? That last guy in line is just happy to be there.
the last guy in line isn't happy to be there. he's happy to get a scholarship. kids are not going to walk on when they could go be on scholarship at another Power 5 school. when kids have been asked to greyshirt they have almost always gone and found a school that valued them enough to give them a scholarship.

Advertisement
I don't care if A&M gets good. Let them compete with Bama and UGA and weaken them.

Flip side to that is they all know how heavy those A&M bags are.
Money is everywhere, any kid who isn’t a complete & total idiot can get paid at just about any school.

These kids flock to the same 3 or 4 schools because they’re just followers & don’t have a mind of their own.

Front running & hopping on bandwagons is the modern culture of today’s football, that’s why most of the best players in the league usually end up being kids who didn’t go to the same schools as everybody else & forged their own path.

Money is everywhere, any kid who isn’t a complete & total idiot can get paid at just about any school.

These kids flock to the same 3 or 4 schools because they’re just followers & don’t have a mind of their own.

Front running & hopping on bandwagons is the modern culture of today’s football, that’s why most of the best players in the league usually end up being kids who didn’t go to the same schools as everybody else & forged their own path.
pretty much this.

Thats how they got shemar to...brought him in the same time as the other big time dl they were getting and pushed TEAMING up, etc.

Basically Bandwaggoning is the thing...You see Deion even used it after Hunter and is having to TURN DOWN kids now as random transfer portal kids want to go to Jackson ST n dont even know the difference between Jackson st and Jacksonville St...they think Deion beat FSU this year lol

Advertisement
I don't see how a cap is put on it, and I wonder if this could change how the NFL works as well. Like why don't the Patriots pay way under the salary cap, and have Robert Kraft "sponsor" athletes to endorse one of his companies. The true salary of the Pats could be well over $400mil, have all the best players, but pay way under the "NFL" salary cap from the Pats directly.
There’s literally rules in the NFL against everything you just said

Smart for kid to reclassify and get his bags in case they change the rules for next year.
This is the only reason it makes sense for me. We haven’t seen a lot of kids reclassify but the ones that have had not had much success like JT Daniels and Donnell Harris. Jury still out on Quinn sewers. Atleast with Harris he had aged out. Athletically I think this could hurt the kid.

At most you have 4 defensive lineman on the field at once. I counted 21 defensive lineman on AMs roster this past year... so some of those guys will enter the draft or graduate but still they're bringing in like 6 more lol. AM gets to cheer and celebrate today but what about in a year? A bunch of these guys aren't going to be cool not playing.
Jumbo is an innovator, he’s going to run the first 11 man front in CFB.

Advertisement
Jumbo thinking “I can honestly reject accusations of ATM spending $25-30 million on the class if I go out and spends $31-32 million on it...”

16479F21-69C6-4434-97DC-F8216E81C61D.gif

Follow the money. Portal overload coming soon. Expect regular server issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back