2022 ‘23 5* Lebbeus Overton reclassifies to '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not happening.. A&M probably already has his family a deal. But yeah shoot the shot what’s to lose.

Again, I'm not denying that. I came at it with zero-point-zero information on the family or the recruiting-efforts-to-date.

I'm just saying, take the shot. Make aTm play defense. Give the fam something to think about.

From that article, it says the dad is a university administrator at Kennesaw State (north side of ATL). I'm not sure what kind of deal was offered to his family, but it appears that the family has some decent income already and the kid is taking a bunch of AP classes that will allow him to graduate a YEAR (not a semester) ahead of schedule. I'm not trying to generalize or stereotype, but this is a different situation than a kid who needs to make a deal just to help his family make ends meet.

Let's try. Let's make the effort. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Alright, this has officially got out of hand.

He is the consensus #1 defensive player in America for ‘23 and #3 overall. He just officially reclassified to ‘22 and is likely signing with TAMU next month. I swear I’m never the one to complain/whine about schools and their “tactics” but bruh …

View attachment 176183

And even better, he’ll be a preferred walk on so as to not blow the 85 scholarship limit.

Perhaps Jimbo and ATM can persuade the NCAA to raise the scholarship limit to 200 IC players per season.

I wonder what Steward thinks now about his prospect of playing time.

So apparently his dad use to work at TAMU as well in some administrative capacity.

Oh, OK, that makes a lot more sense then.

Still...going from the north side of ATL to...College Station...

Good luck.

Advertisement
Hmm, wonder why this is only coming out now & not a day or two ago? Jimbo & majority of coaches are over-paid used car salesmen.
That said, if Stewart wants to enter the portal today I’ll take him. But Coach Moe can stay at A&M.

• Haha
Reactions: JD4
Again, I'm not denying that. I came at it with zero-point-zero information on the family or the recruiting-efforts-to-date.

I'm just saying, take the shot. Make aTm play defense. Give the fam something to think about.

From that article, it says the dad is a university administrator at Kennesaw State (north side of ATL). I'm not sure what kind of deal was offered to his family, but it appears that the family has some decent income already and the kid is taking a bunch of AP classes that will allow him to graduate a YEAR (not a semester) ahead of schedule. I'm not trying to generalize or stereotype, but this is a different situation than a kid who needs to make a deal just to help his family make ends meet.

Let's try. Let's make the effort. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
If I’m not mistaken his dad played in the NFL I read somewhere. Could be getting him mixed up with someone else idk. But yeah it would be so funny to see us land him after missing Stewart. I assume he will be ranked 3rd in this class after they fix the reclass behind Hunter and Nolen.

At most you have 4 defensive lineman on the field at once. I counted 21 defensive lineman on AMs roster this past year... so some of those guys will enter the draft or graduate but still they're bringing in like 6 more lol. AM gets to cheer and celebrate today but what about in a year? A bunch of these guys aren't going to be cool not playing.
Extra defensive linemen? For the creative or retrograde coach...that means new wide receivers, running backs, and tight ends.

Advertisement
hey man as long as this sh*t is legal, and they can do it, wtf? who's to say they shouldn't? if it buys them a championship, they're doing what it takes. absolutely absurd? sure! so what. everyone else better step it up.

Reactions: JD4
They will have a lot of transfers sure, but if the best of the best 5 stars stay, will **** Jimbo gonna have an absolute dominant D line

If I’m not mistaken his dad played in the NFL I read somewhere. Could be getting him mixed up with someone else idk. But yeah it would be so funny to see us land him after missing Stewart. I assume he will be ranked 3rd in this class after they fix the reclass behind Hunter and Nolen.

Mario and Dan will be hiring A LOT of support staff...just sayin'...

Advertisement
ah the baggers become the bagged

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

They will have a lot of transfers sure, but if the best of the best 5 stars stay, will **** Jimbo gonna have an absolute dominant D line
That's the thing....if everyone is a five star you might get transfers before they even take the field. Whoever turns out to be the best will be by virtue of their on field play. You might end up with the player(s) are are ultimately the true best of the best leaving before A&M can find out which of these guys they want on the field.

Alright, this has officially got out of hand.

He is the consensus #1 defensive player in America for ‘23 and #3 overall. He just officially reclassified to ‘22 and is likely signing with TAMU next month. I swear I’m never the one to complain/whine about schools and their “tactics” but bruh …

View attachment 176183

Knew about this months ago.

Advertisement
If you’re a defensive lineman and you choose to go to TAMU, you deserve everything that happens to your career. Don’t complain about depth chart and don’t transfer unless it’s family or personal related.

One thing I failed to consider is how this impacts the 25 recruit limit per class- may not be the specific case for this kid, but it’s much easier to be willing to go through the grey/blue shirt process when you can offset that with 6 figures of annual income.

That would be in addition to..

5* DT Walter Nolen
5* DT Stewart
5* DT Gabriel Downlow
4* DT Anthony Lucas
4* DE Enai White
4* DE Mallick Sylla
I love it! These kids have long ago turned College Football into a Multi-Billion dollar sport with no chance to share in it's bounty. Now instead of being an unpaid servant, you get paid. It's becoming clear top talent going to the highest bidder. Going once, going twice, SOLD to the men in maroon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back