2022 ‘23 5* Lebbeus Overton reclassifies to '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think this could all blow up, spectacularly even, on Jimbo. He just isn't that guy. Very few college coaches are. You're no longer dealing with guys who you can hold out playing time or scholarships.

Not going to play me? F you. I'm hitting the portal.

Going to threaten to pull my scholly? F you. I got that legal NIL cash and am hitting the portal.

In less than a year, high school seniors now enjoy as much or even more bargaining power and leverage than most professional football players.

I'm going to enjoy the fireworks either way.

I think the rest of cfb is watching this A&M experiment very closely. Jimbo is guaranteed to lose atleast 1 game (truthfully 2) a year, and even if the playoffs expand, he's not winning another NC with his type of offense.

How long before those same A&M boosters re-invest those big bags into a buy out??

If sark gets Texas rolling, I think we will see a full display of just how deep that oil $ is.

Seems like there is going to be a battle, with the kids bolting after a year or two, for better deals/situations, and the boosters, who don't want to lose their investments.

I think the rest of cfb is watching this A&M experiment very closely. Jimbo is guaranteed to lose atleast 1 game (truthfully 2) a year, and even if the playoffs expand, he's not winning another NC with his type of offense.

How long before those same A&M boosters re-invest those big bags into a buy out??

If sark gets Texas rolling, I think we will see a full display of just how deep that oil $ is.
It will ruin the sport moreso than the SEC/NCAA partnership have.

Let’s say that happens. Texas and the Aggies get into a bidding war. They could conceivably sign the top 60 players in the 247 top 100 each year. Every five star would go to these schools, and the national title game match would either be Texas or Texas A&M. Always.

Miami might have money now, but are we going to offer a five star running back $30M a year to sign with us? The Longhorns might, and you could see a situation develop where players at these two schools outearn many NFL players. Essentially what we could end up with is an Alabama on steroids and a horribly regionalized sport.

Advertisement
I know we have a home and home coming up with them, but this is ultimately Bama and Georgia's problem, but again we have a huge opportunity to take them down early in this fraudulent run they are building, and cause a hiatus over there, the pressure to win will be unbearable

Advertisement
So you’re gonna have a bunch of five star divas with their hands out and their handler’s hands out wanting playing time next year.
All that money and nothing to do.
Tamu players gonna be getting. Arrested in Dallas

What could possibly go wrong?
Lol. Like Tamu cattle guys are worried about cops and judges…. It’s Texas, they own it….

77953786-B925-41D3-B309-D5F2579F8F45.gif

It will ruin the sport moreso than the SEC/NCAA partnership have.

Let’s say that happens. Texas and the Aggies get into a bidding war. They could conceivably sign the top 60 players in the 247 top 100 each year. Every five star would go to these schools, and the national title game match would either be Texas or Texas A&M. Always.

Miami might have money now, but are we going to offer a five star running back $30M a year to sign with us? The Longhorns might, and you could see a situation develop where players at these two schools outearn many NFL players. Essentially what we could end up with is an Alabama on steroids and a horribly regionalized sport.

I understand your concern, but I don't think institutions like LSU, Alabama, UGA, USC, and OU will just lay down and let Texas and A&M just take over. Yes, the Texas schools will have a larger salary cap, but they cannot sign everyone. And with the portal, they definitely won't keep everyone. Some of those studs on A&Ms DL will be sitting on the bench. Kids today aren't with " waiting their turn ".

Yes, Texas has alot of talent, but so does Florida, California, and Georgia. I think we will start seeing more situations like Overtons and Ewers where a HS junior is pressured to reclassify and sign by schools, just like in basketballto turn away. . And with the NIL, that could be alot to turn away

He was the #1 kid for 2023 and just got ranked #18 for 2022 by reclassifying...

Advertisement

A&M boosters have BEEN Bout it bro. Jimbo is dropping his rings on the table and getting what ever he wants rn. They are going to win. If that’s a natty all depends and remains to be see. But they will win. It’s gunna be the “Kirby effect”. On the outside looking in its win soon or it’s all for not. A&M spending isn’t new. They’ve definitely upped it with jimbo tho

Did they lose a bunch of DL? Oh and when 5 star Harris enters the portal after spring let’s not make a post about him coming here.
His old man will probably want to package him with his younger brother.

Advertisement
Basically Bandwaggoning is the thing...You see Deion even used it after Hunter and is having to TURN DOWN kids now as random transfer portal kids want to go to Jackson ST n dont even know the difference between Jackson st and Jacksonville St...they think Deion beat FSU this year lol
Well his team could've beat those sorry MF'ers if it played against them.

Unlike Coach Lispy 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back