2022 ‘23 5* Lebbeus Overton reclassifies to '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, stop it...Jimbo promised us all it was on the up and up.... :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Well, actually, he screamed it at us, but wasn't defensive at all...lol
This is All on the dude Indiana. Ray Charles can see what’s happening at these sec schools but they can’t!! If Miami had two of the five stars, somebody would be knocking!! Remember the 125 receipt the ponzi guy claimed on jacory lolol

Advertisement
Since 2019 TAMU has signed:

- 5-star DT DeMarvin Leal; NFL Draft
- 4-star DE Braedon Mowry; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Derick Hunter; Moved to OL
- 4-star DT Ardarious Jones; Still on roster
- 3-star DE RJ Orebo; Still on roster

- 4-star DE Donell Harris; Still on roster
- 4-star DT McKinney Jackson; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Fadil Diggs; Still on roster
- 4-star DT Isaiah Raikes; Still on roster
- 4-star DT Dallas Walker IV; Still on roster

- 5-star DE Shemar Turner; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Tunmise Adeleye; Still on roster
- 4-star DT Marcus Burris; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Jahzion Harris; Still on roster
- 3-star DT Albert Regis; Still on roster

- 5-star DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy; Still on roster
- 5-star DE Shemar Stewart; Still on roster
- 5-star DT Anthony Lucas; Still on roster
- 5-star DT Walter Nolen; Still on roster
- 5-star DE Lebbeus Overton; Just signed/will be on roster
- 4-star DE Enai White; Signed
- 4-star DE Malick Sylla; Signed
- 3-star DT Jadon Scarlett; Signed

That’s literally 21 Defensive Line players, with only an 8-man two-deep.

Not to mention, they already have 2023 4-star DE Anthony James & 2023 4-star DT Johnny Bowers committed, plus lead for 5-star DE David Hicks & 4-star DE Jordan Renaud. And they’re after 4-star DE Tomarrion Parker, 4-star DE Jason Moore, 4-star DT Will Norman, 4-star DT Joel Starlings & 4-star DE Enow Etta.

Signing with TAMU if you’re a DL is basically an audition to be a 3rd & 4th team player.
6-1-4 defense

Where u getn the info that they lead for Hicks?
That’s was the sentiment from Tim Verghese after his last visit to TAMU 3 weeks ago.

I don’t personally think he’s going to sign with TAMU because they’re just to backlogged at DL, but most of the Analyst & writers that cover his recruitment feel as though Bama, Oklahoma & TAMU are the 3 teams who have the early lead for him.

Jimbo is smiling now, but the same guys who are throwing out this $ will eventually force him to hire an OC
Maybe that’s true but he will be smiling all the way to the bank. They try to fire him and have to pay 100% of his contract. They **** him off and he leaves, he doesn’t owe them a dime.

I’m not hating on it at all, if you’re a team that can load up on 5-stars, that’s exactly what you do.

I’m talking about from the perspective of the recruit, if you’re a recruit at a position that absolutely backlogged you’ll be making a big mistake signing with that team if you have any expectations of getting on the field within in your first 2 years. All you’re doing is guaranteeing that you’ll be entering the transfer portal lol.

This exact scenario just happened with Quinn Ewers at OH ST, he signed with them when they already four 4/5-star QB’s on their roster, then when CJ Stroud started as a Red Frosh & took off he knew immediately he wasn’t going to play & transferred to Texas, when all he had to do was sign with UT out of HS in the first place.
... and when/if Arch commits there? Would be pretty funny if Ewers transfers again cause I just don't see Manning picking a spot he isn't starting year 1. and I think he likely picks Texas.

Advertisement
Since 2019 TAMU has signed:

- 5-star DT DeMarvin Leal; NFL Draft
- 4-star DE Braedon Mowry; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Derick Hunter; Moved to OL
- 4-star DT Ardarious Jones; Still on roster
- 3-star DE RJ Orebo; Still on roster

- 4-star DE Donell Harris; Still on roster
- 4-star DT McKinney Jackson; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Fadil Diggs; Still on roster
- 4-star DT Isaiah Raikes; Still on roster
- 4-star DT Dallas Walker IV; Still on roster

- 5-star DE Shemar Turner; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Tunmise Adeleye; Still on roster
- 4-star DT Marcus Burris; Still on roster
- 4-star DE Jahzion Harris; Still on roster
- 3-star DT Albert Regis; Still on roster

- 5-star DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy; Still on roster
- 5-star DE Shemar Stewart; Still on roster
- 5-star DT Anthony Lucas; Still on roster
- 5-star DT Walter Nolen; Still on roster
- 5-star DE Lebbeus Overton; Just signed/will be on roster
- 4-star DE Enai White; Signed
- 4-star DE Malick Sylla; Signed
- 3-star DT Jadon Scarlett; Signed

That’s literally 21 Defensive Line players, with only an 8-man two-deep.

Not to mention, they already have 2023 4-star DE Anthony James & 2023 4-star DT Johnny Bowers committed, plus lead for 5-star DE David Hicks & 4-star DE Jordan Renaud. And they’re after 4-star DE Tomarrion Parker, 4-star DE Jason Moore, 4-star DT Will Norman, 4-star DT Joel Starlings & 4-star DE Enow Etta.

Signing with TAMU if you’re a DL is basically an audition to be a 3rd & 4th team player.
I disagree, I think the logic has changed. There’s good evidence that you can go to a loaded program, compete for a job, fail to get that job, then transfer and be a star. And what did you really lose. You made a ton of money, got great coaching and competition, and Miami is still happy to have you a year or two later. And that’s worst case. I’m not at all surprised kids are going this way.

Advertisement
Make It Rain GIF
No way man. Jimbo already said it has nothing to do with money, people just prefer living in ********, TX over anywhere else in the country. They also love the cutting edge 1992 Ford Taurus offense.

But they will contribute. You don’t think the guys that stay will be better for having beaten out other 5* guys for their jobs?

Maybe. Or maybe the guys that start will be the types that were already driven to be great anyway. Remember, there are counter caps and roster caps. For every extra DL they take as a luxury there is another position that's getting shorted. These kids all think they are the MAN, every one of them. What happens when 5-star kids are running 3rd team and not getting reps? Portal city. Calling it now. In this day and age, the super-hyped kids aren't really interested in waiting.

Advertisement
It’s like a coach who brags about how he signed 18 five star quarterbacks in four years. Then the reporter asks, “Coach, how many of them actually get to play?” No response. And then, “Coach, what position groups are undermanned because you overcommitted resources to the quarterback group?”
dave chappelle what GIF

Jimbo: at quarterback I guess how many guys who can play are..............

Agreed! They signed 8 DL/Edge in 22, 6 in 21, 5 in 20 and 4 in 19. Add in the extra Covid year for 19/20 class and it’s a guarantee that atleast half of them will transfer.
Let’s say that they don’t. If I were Georgia and Alabama I’d have a quiet gentleman’s agreement to go hard on the positions that A&M has shortchanged. Let’s say it was wide receiver - let’s say they only have 5 because they shortchanged it to handle 18 defensive linemen. Whoever A&M is targeting…offer them. Make it so that A&M’s position of numerical weakness is enhanced by a qualitative weakness as well. CFB history has shown that a good team can be felled by a position inferiority…Miami in 2006 and 2007 is a prime example (too few scholarship wide receivers binned the entire offense). Don’t let Jimbo build up the program…let it collapse in a 6-5 season off of its own hubris.

Advertisement
Probably Texas A&M since they don't pay players.
Probably Texas A&M since they don't pay players.
Exactly. Hundreds of defensive tackles all flock to A&M each year with only a fortunate few ever able to see playing time. And they do so simply because texas A&M wants it more. These are warrior-poets who just want to be a part of such a culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back