‘20 WR Thaiu Jones-Bell

When has that happen tho? When a prospect clearly has Alabama #1 with no other real competitors they usually accept a committment.
Alabama likes the sofla kids to drag it out. And plenty sofla kids have dragged out recruitment to the last minute to get that weight up.

Advertisement
Alabama likes the sofla kids to drag it out. And plenty sofla kids have dragged out recruitment to the last minute to get that weight up.

But in this case, what is there to drag out. Its clear Alabama is the leader and he has said as much. Just commit my dude unless Alabama isnt really considering him as a Top option right now. The only 2 schools that I have seen that will be a factor in his recruitment is Alabama and Miami.

But in this case, what is there to drag out. Its clear Alabama is the leader and he has said as much. Just commit my dude unless Alabama isnt really considering him as a Top option right now. The only 2 schools that I have seen that will be a factor in his recruitment is Alabama and Miami.
It’s possible they tell kids to keep stringing us along wasting our time. I posted before that beating Miami for a coveted sofla kid year after year is good marketing for ofther schools and bad optics for us. Think about how many posts in how many forums a player like Jobe or Stevenson got? Tons of fans and kids following those kids watching them leave our hat on the table. Every year we take L’s from schools we don’t even play on the field.
It’s actually a good sign imo that the school didn’t go full press on this kid. It’s one thing going head to head with bama. But this kids recruitment from the jump seemed odd. If our staff got word that he didn’t have any interest and was all bama we probably cooled. I’m not buying this bad evaluation by our staff. Fortunately for us there is a whole lot of talent at receiver in the state and locally. I would like nothing better than to have a baller from the zuu.
But if the kid wants to go there then he can bounce.

It’s possible they tell kids to keep stringing us along wasting our time. I posted before that beating Miami for a coveted sofla kid year after year is good marketing for ofther schools and bad optics for us. Think about how many posts in how many forums a player like Jobe or Stevenson got? Tons of fans and kids following those kids watching them leave our hat on the table. Every year we take L’s from schools we don’t even play on the field.
It’s actually a good sign imo that the school didn’t go full press on this kid. It’s one thing going head to head with bama. But this kids recruitment from the jump seemed odd. If our staff got word that he didn’t have any interest and was all bama we probably cooled. I’m not buying this bad evaluation by our staff. Fortunately for us there is a whole lot of talent at receiver in the state and locally. I would like nothing better than to have a baller from the zuu.
But if the kid wants to go there then he can bounce.

My thing is this, Where was all the hype during the season for him? Its like we didnt speak about him until the Miami Opening where he said Alabama was the leader and now he is a most get recruit. My belief is this, if he didnt say Alabama was his leader, would he even be ranked this high?

Advertisement
My thing is this, Where was all the hype during the season for him? Its like we didnt speak about him until the Miami Opening where he said Alabama was the leader and now he is a most get recruit. My belief is this, if he didnt say Alabama was his leader, would he even be ranked this high?

I brought him up on the board before the season started.I knew he would be a beast when a dude with a um offer wanted to transfer to CC and their coach was with me and was like wtf i need him for i got Thaiu.

I brought him up on the board before the season started.I knew he would be a beast when a dude with a um offer wanted to transfer to CC and their coach was with me and was like wtf i need him for i got Thaiu.

My question is this, Is the hype warranted to consider him the Top WR in Dade let alone the Tri-County or is the hype because he played at Carol City and said Alabama is the leader?

My question is this, Is the hype warranted to consider him the Top WR in Dade let alone the Tri-County or is the hype because he played at Carol City and said Alabama is the leader?

the hype is because he put up numbers. He has good solid size and can run. He's legit imo.

Advertisement

Not sure if he offer list on 247 is legit but his only P5 offers is

Alabama - Pretty sure they only offered because he named them his favorite
FSU - We all knew they chase whoever Miami and Alabama offers in-state
Georgia - Only offers kids from SoFla that Miami has offered
LSU - Could be a legit offer or another "Offer whoever Alabama offered from SoFLa?
UK - What SoFla 3* or better prospect doesnt have a UK offer?
Louisville - See UK above
Maryland - Seems like CML is offering every Offensive recruit nationwide that Alabama is offering
Oregon - See UK Above
Pittsburgh - See UK Above
Syracuse - See UK above
Penn State - Seider has pretty much offered every Elite Skill player from SoFla
Tennessee - They always offer Elite level WRs from Florida
Texas Tech - They always offer every WR that is a 4* and above.

That’s why I’m saying something doesn’t add up.
I haven’t seen his film nor am I some talent guru.
But idk how bama can be so high up on a dude before anyone in the state. There are a ton of schools down here evaluating kids that specifically no p5 schools offer.
However according to 247 we offered before bama. But pedo state was the first to offer. That speaks volumes cause Seider is plugged in down here.
But some have said that bama has been on him for over a year??

That’s why I’m saying something doesn’t add up.
I haven’t seen his film nor am I some talent guru.
But idk how bama can be so high up on a dude before anyone in the state. There are a ton of schools down here evaluating kids that specifically no p5 schools offer.
However according to 247 we offered before bama. But pedo state was the first to offer. That speaks volumes cause Seider is plugged in down here.
But some have said that bama has been on him for over a year??

Where was he before last season tho?

This is from his interview :

The South Florida standout was on many UA fan’ commitment watch lists entering the weekend considering he already had UA No. 1 on his list. Jones-Bell admits it crossed his mind.
“Kinda,” he said when asked if it was tempting to go ahead and commit.
Should the four-star wideout make that move later on down the line, what would be the main factor for joining the Tide?

“The love they accord to the players and their academics are amazing,” Jones-Bell said.
The 247Sports Top100 prospect says he has no timetable to make a commitment. He wants to visit Penn State, Florida State, Georgia, and Oregon as well.

So either he committed and was asked to keep it quiet or he may be working them for some extras with the other visits IDK. Or Saban said if you commit you shut it down and he wants to take more visits.

Advertisement
This kid wants Bama but does Bama want him? I hope we recruit him but I'm not getting my hopes up. The 2020 class has a ton of options and guys with his similar skill set.

When has that happen tho? When a prospect clearly has Alabama #1 with no other real competitors they usually accept a committment.
Maybe or maybe not. 3 things coulda happened. Bama told him to keep it silent like they have done before. Bama told him they needed to evaluate him more and he wasn’t a take right now. Or something is making the kid thing twice. 2/3 scenarios are good for us.

Advertisement
Maybe he is thinking about the 4-6 receivers they are looking to take, in addition to who will be left. That's a lot of bodies.....

The Bama 247 mod who interviewed him seems to think he commits soon- he's the one who put the cb in today

Eh, Fleming or Chaney have something to say about that
Strongly disagree. I’m talking in game speed in pads. Haven’t seen someone this fast in a while. Don’t know what Chaney you are referring to but there’s a couple guys on top of Don Chaney. Fleming is fast but not Jones Bell fast imo

Advertisement
Back