‘20 WR Thaiu Jones-Bell

Strongly disagree. I’m talking in game speed in pads. Haven’t seen someone this fast in a while. Don’t know what Chaney you are referring to but there’s a couple guys on top of Don Chaney. Fleming is fast but not Jones Bell fast imo
Each have faster testing times in the 40 and the 100m. I do However acknowledge that jones bell has some speed though

Advertisement
This is from his interview :

The South Florida standout was on many UA fan’ commitment watch lists entering the weekend considering he already had UA No. 1 on his list. Jones-Bell admits it crossed his mind.
“Kinda,” he said when asked if it was tempting to go ahead and commit.
Should the four-star wideout make that move later on down the line, what would be the main factor for joining the Tide?

“The love they accord to the players and their academics are amazing,” Jones-Bell said.
The 247Sports Top100 prospect says he has no timetable to make a commitment. He wants to visit Penn State, Florida State, Georgia, and Oregon as well.

So either he committed and was asked to keep it quiet or he may be working them for some extras with the other visits IDK. Or Saban said if you commit you shut it down and he wants to take more visits.

Dude said Bama Academics is amazing.

Hard Pass, anyone that dumb isnt smart enough to get into Miami.

i laughed when i saw it

Just interviewed a recent Alabama grad. For half the interview all he could talk about was how great the football team is and how great Alabama is. As soon as he walked out, resume went into the trash. Its been 2 weeks and I havent even bothered to call him to let him know if he got the job or not. **** him.

Advertisement
I brought him up on the board before the season started.I knew he would be a beast when a dude with a um offer wanted to transfer to CC and their coach was with me and was like wtf i need him for i got Thaiu.

Yup. Maybe some don’t know cause they don’t follow as closely, but I’ve known about Thaiu since he was playing with SFE 15u and his freshman year at Hallandale.

Alabama wasn’t on this kid really any sooner than we were, he had his breakout year last year and CC had some upperclassmen his soph year so he didn’t get as many opportunities early on.

As for some comments by other posters, we brought him up on the FIS podcast a lot as well.

Do t they gray shirt? I think that’s the term for it where kids pay their way (using bag money) until a scholly opens up for them. But you’re correct, seems unfair to other schools who should be getting better based off simply more parity. But the rich get richer as they say....

Naw I believe you’re referring to blueshirting. Grey shirts don’t start classes until January. They either go to a local community college part time, a prep school or just sit out until January. They eligibility won’t start.

Just interviewed a recent Alabama grad. For half the interview all he could talk about was how great the football team is and how great Alabama is. As soon as he walked out, resume went into the trash. Its been 2 weeks and I havent even bothered to call him to let him know if he got the job or not. **** him.

You go into a job interview and brag about your school’s football team? Unless you work in the sports world how idiotic can he get?

Advertisement
Naw I believe you’re referring to blueshirting. Grey shirts don’t start classes until January. They either go to a local community college part time, a prep school or just sit out until January. They eligibility won’t start.

Ah ok, I knew it was a color of some sort 🤣. But that’s how I believe Alabaga gets around bringing in 4-6 WR’s in the 2020 class, kids will gladly wait around as long as bags are dropping and there’s a good guarantee you’ll be playing in the final game for a ring. Makes me sick actually, but I do understand their reasoning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami could get Jones-Bell on campus in the coming months, as well.
“I have been trying to get [back] there, but I don’t have a ride," he said.

Can make it to Tennessee and Bama but can’t get a ride to Miami lol
If this is his mentality then I don’t want him. I hate kids who make excuses, there’s Lyft & Uber, or find a classmate/teammate with a car and offer to pay for gas, if the roles were reversed between Bama, and Miami and Saban was head coach of Miami, kid would probably Bike to Coral Gables.

It’s not an excuse it’s a statement. He’s letting everyone know he doesn’t want to come here.
He might even male it to paradise to create more buzz and have some clips of him going against some good db’s. But he’s more than showed that he is not interested
I understand what it is.

Advertisement
Back