OT: Nigel Bethel thread...Now Reinstated...Video included

Advertisement
Advertisement
a dyke(tom girl who likes girls) swung like a man at him which means she threw the first punch.... and he threw a punch back. No i dont think it is right for men to hit women but women can not walk around acting like they are invincible and think they can throw punches at men thinking nothing will happen to them.

Per ESPN:

Texas Tech has dismissed cornerback Nigel Bethel II following an incident during an on-campus basketball game on Saturday.

Bethel, a freshman from Miami, punched Texas Tech women's basketball player Amber Battle in the face during a pickup basketball game.

"Texas Tech Athletics has a zero tolerance policy on this type of behavior," the school announced in a statement.

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Battle is expected to have surgery after sustaining a broken bone from the hit. Battle was the Red Raiders' leading scorer with 16.4 points per game last season, and also led the team in rebounds and assists to earn second-team All-Big 12 honors.

Texas Tech spokesperson Blayne Beal confirmed to ESPN.com that Battle was the victim in the incident, but did not know when or if she will require surgery.

Bethel was Texas Tech's highest-rated recruit in its incoming freshman class, an ESPN 300 prospect from Miami's Booker T. Washington High School who joined the program this summer.

He was expected to participate in both football and track at Texas Tech.

already been dismissed

Future walk on? Really ****ed up tho that he hit a women. Glad TT dismissed him.

a dyke(tom girl who likes girls) swung like a man at him which means she threw the first punch.... and he threw a punch back. No i dont think it is right for men to hit women but women can not walk around acting like they are invincible and think they can throw punches at men thinking nothing will happen to them.

You were there?

Advertisement
I'm just surprised the "Why you hatin on a Dade County boy? God bless! God bless!" crew hasn't arrived on either of these threads.

If this even smells of truth, ***** this "kid". The size of the opportunity you blow shouldn't correlate to the outcry for second chances. Ain't nobody lose any sleep if a freshman at Miami-Dade College gets booted from school if he breaks a girl's face in the parking lot there.

Uncle Luke will be along any minute.

ignorance at display

Per ESPN:

Texas Tech has dismissed cornerback Nigel Bethel II following an incident during an on-campus basketball game on Saturday.

Bethel, a freshman from Miami, punched Texas Tech women's basketball player Amber Battle in the face during a pickup basketball game.

"Texas Tech Athletics has a zero tolerance policy on this type of behavior," the school announced in a statement.

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Battle is expected to have surgery after sustaining a broken bone from the hit. Battle was the Red Raiders' leading scorer with 16.4 points per game last season, and also led the team in rebounds and assists to earn second-team All-Big 12 honors.

Texas Tech spokesperson Blayne Beal confirmed to ESPN.com that Battle was the victim in the incident, but did not know when or if she will require surgery.

Bethel was Texas Tech's highest-rated recruit in its incoming freshman class, an ESPN 300 prospect from Miami's Booker T. Washington High School who joined the program this summer.

He was expected to participate in both football and track at Texas Tech.

already been dismissed

Nigel must have thought he committed to rape-um if you want in Tally. Didn't Texas Tech fire a heck of a coach for being mean to some girly boy on the football team?

What does her sexual preference have to do with this?

Advertisement
Regardless of what happened, I'm thankful it didn't happen in Coral Gables. I'll let the authorities and Texas Tech figure it out. I hope her surgical procedure goes ok. I hope he can get his life together at some point.

I said that because I was trying to say that it wasn't a feminine woman, it was a woman that likes women and tries to act like a man....

Advertisement

You were there?

no he just likes to defend the football player. regardless of what a woman does, he should know to walk away. why do you have to act like a man if a woman smacks you? just walk away and don't do something you'll regret for the rest of your life.

I said that because I was trying to say that it wasn't a feminine woman, it was a woman that likes women and tries to act like a man....

so? whats the big deal if she is ***?

Well some girls think they are men

Advertisement
Back