Official Fall Camp PractiSE #11: Monday august 14th

Advertisement
It’s becoming a bit of a redundant conversation about culture and I don’t want to keep overplaying it, but these 2023 kids are coming in all about business it seems. I think they fully bought in to what Mario was selling. Like look this team was not recruited by me, you’re my guys and you can beat them out if you work.

My only hesitation with Fletcher was it didn’t seem like we were getting reliable testing data and height/weight which is common in high school. But this kid as a freshman at 6-2 225 and he looks lean…sheesh. The size (pause) of this class is insane
Absolutely, I wont harp on it too much but you see these guys in person compared to last couple of teams and you see the difference, straight jumbo sized athletes.. I still remember the summer before that bama game and they were basically downsizing all positions, bumping safeties to linebacker and LB to DE, when people saw both teams in person their initial reaction was we are gonna be playing a different sport..

Absolutely, I wont harp on it too much but you see these guys in person compared to last couple of teams and you see the difference, straight jumbo sized athletes.. I still remember the summer before that bama game and they were basically downsizing all positions, bumping safeties to linebacker and LB to DE, when people saw both teams in person their initial reaction was we are gonna be playing a different sport..
Yikes that Bama game. I remember the hype that off-season and then when we took the field I was like Jesus we look like a high school team compared to them

Seeing our linebackers coming in at 225-235 as freshmen makes me so happy 😂

Advertisement
I don’t know if he’s the type of kid that can run away from legit college secondaries but he’s the type of kid that could lead us in rushes of 20+ yards by the end of the season.
He may not run away from secondaries but he can strike fear in them! Mark brings something we haven’t had here in years! 18-21 year olds don’t like making business decisions with Powerful, explosive running backs coming down hill 10-15 times a game. We’ve watched this time after time on the collegiate level! Sign me up!

All sports beat "journalism" is access journalism at this point. Don't stir the pot or access gets revoked. They don't realize that when you cave to the teams that just gives them more incentive to bring all media in house and there's no need for sports beat reporters anymore.
It's about access and controlling the message. That's why the NFL, MLB and others have their own networks & websites. Not to mention the SEC, ACC & Big Ten. That's why pro athletes like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Derek Jeter & Co. have their own media production companies..

It's about access and controlling the message. That's why the NFL, MLB and others have their own networks & websites. Not to mention the SEC, ACC & Big Ten. That's why pro athletes like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Derek Jeter & Co. have their own media production companies..
We kinda lacking on that end also
Shaking It Off Blue Bloods GIF by ION

To each coach their own system. Do any of us actually care as long as the team wins?
And if the team loses won’t many come on here and complain that Mario restricts access?

My point being, the only thing that matters is winning and losing. And the narrative that is spun in around winning and losing is garbage. Access or lack of access is not impacting winning and losing and is therefore irrelevant to the only thing that any of us actually care about. Stay on point people. We don’t care about the media. Beyond being the coach at UM, we don’t care about Mario Cristobal. And we only care about players when we win. that is what makes us fans.
No, winning is what matters and ultimately determines the coach's fate. That said, it would be nice to have occasional checks and balances or a BS meter.

Advertisement
I remember when a beat reporter from the Palm Beach Post tried to snitch on a coach for giving recruit a ride on a golf cart. He actually wrote an article on it and questioned whether it was an NCAA violation. Omar Kelly was another one who hated Miami and **** on the program whenever he could. The UM beat writers are just different and can’t always be trusted.
Honestly idc about the secrecy if it’s to spite our local media. **** our local media.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jalen also seems very sharp.
We appear to have a really good mix of potentially elite talents, dawgs that play hard & with a chip on their shoulder, and hard-working, well spoken young men that are great representatives for the University. I think the culture of the program has improved significantly…and that will bear fruit on the field this season (greater buy-in, team chemistry & determination to win).

Advertisement
Back