Official Fall Camp PractiSE #11: Monday august 14th

Advertisement
Who knows.. he's been in full practice gear and just look how many questions Matt Lee received last week about Zion.
Telling you now if Zion DOES return for Week 1…our O-Line goes to another level Depth wise and talent wise. (Won’t hold my breathe BUT)

We go

- LT Nelson
- LG Cohen
- C Lee
- RG Rivers
- RT maugioa

Backups: OG Cooper, OT Samson, OT McCoy, OG/OT Kinsler…Allen/Chaney/Parrish/Fletcher won’t know what to do with will that room being made.

Telling you now if Zion DOES return for Week 1…our O-Line goes to another level Depth wise and talent wise. (Won’t hold my breathe BUT)

We go

- LT Nelson
- LG Cohen
- C Lee
- RG Rivers
- RT maugioa

Backups: OG Cooper, OT Samson, OT McCoy, OG/OT Kinsler…Allen/Chaney/Parrish/Fletcher won’t know what to do with will that room being made.

I agree in that Nelson being 100% healthy and starting for us would do wonders but he is nowhere near playing.

I think the secrecy revolves around Zion to be honest
I think it revolves around another player. I could tell but…..you know

Now I Have To Kill All Of You Bill Murray GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement

We go

- LT Nelson
- LG Cohen
- C Lee
- RG Rivers
- RT maugioa

A healthy, ready to play Zion would be incredible Week 1 . . . but even Phil Mickelson wouldn't take that bet.

i'm all for a coaching staff wanting to keep stuff in house, but we are literally two days removed from a scrimmage that was open to the public.
Not only that, but it's really surprise as to who's playing for Miami and who's in the rotation. Unless Mario has transfers secretly hiding to join the team then all this is pointless. And also pointless for us to care too.

A reporter job is to report interesting and noteworthy things that would be considered "news" in their particular area. Injuries and depth charts falls under that category. They are not there to get in the good old boy system. Messages like "please refrain from taking photos or video" in an open scrimmage is ridiculous. These reporters should be posting. They should be asking hard hitting questions. They should be doing journalism.

If it was helping then I'd be all for it. But the good old boy system has lasted for years to no success. Even the toughest Al Golden press conferences were light.

Advertisement
This secrecy with the Depth Chart/Injuries is so odd. I mean we play Miami Ohio in week 1 I don’t think Susan letting us know who’s on the bike gives them the edge
It doesn’t make sense. I randomly watched an interview with Kirby Smart yesterday and he was like I could care less about hiding injuries over 2 weeks from game day because so much can change.

Advertisement
It doesn’t make sense. I randomly watched an interview with Kirby Smart yesterday and he was like I could care less about hiding injuries over 2 weeks from game day because so much can change.
Brian Kelly said the same thing and said he wants to be as trasparent as possible with regards to injuries and going in opposite direction of secrecy. I think his motivation was the players gambling scandal that happened at iowa st. tho. Interesting to see the differences across the country. We got football in a couple saturdays so it will be over soooooon

I remember the days when injuries were milked, players reported as doubtful until just before the games to keep opponents guessing. Not saying anyone lied, but envelopes were definitely pushed. Mario should be milking, and I don’t mean a cow…

Advertisement
I get the impression that past instructions weren’t followed and now Mario is flexing his authority.

“Somebody was a pain in his ***, so he’ll be a pain in everybody’s ***…”

With little regard to the collateral damage. At least that’s how it comes across.

A reporter job is to report interesting and noteworthy things that would be considered "news" in their particular area. Injuries and depth charts falls under that category. They are not there to get in the good old boy system. Messages like "please refrain from taking photos or video" in an open scrimmage is ridiculous. These reporters should be posting. They should be asking hard hitting questions. They should be doing journalism.

If it was helping then I'd be all for it. But the good old boy system has lasted for years to no success. Even the toughest Al Golden press conferences were light.
Unfortunately, the issue here isn't a good old boy system. Most of the folks attending limited practice sessions and interviews aren't traditional journalists, and those that are tend to be incompetent, or harmless leftovers from a lost era. The much larger issue is about control. Dan Rather in his prime could show up and raise ****, but he wouldn't return for a second day. Saban, Urbie and their ilk went crazy with the control-freak act so near every coach in the country has followed suit. The Alabama OC and DC (our old friend) spoke to the media last week, and it was duly noted that it would be the last they spoke this season. So practicing solid journalism or asking a slightly controversial question can be an occupational hazard. Just imagine if SMD were to seek out Zion or reached out to his parents about his knee injury -- any issue with the procedure? rehab rushed? pressure to play? The SID and Coach Mario would shred the poor thing & Canes fans would never again see SMD.

Advertisement
Back