Zipperer recap

I don't like frontrunners in any sport. I'll always root harder for guys who are loyal to their hometown or favorite/drafted team over the mercenaries looking for the easy road.

Obviously I want Miami to be a championship program and draw recruits from everywhere. But I especially want the recruits who are drawn to Miami for the brand, history, culture, etc. What's Bama selling besides bags and wins? Everything about them is completely transactional and they're completely a business decision for recruits. They have no intangible allure and someone like @The Franchise could eloquently describe all the asinine aspects of their school and location.

So yeah I think it's completely fair to criticize kids for frontrunning to Bama. If that offends you then I question whether you actually have experience playing sports and having intense pride/passion for the school you represent. But then again I didn't grow up in the absurd individualist-instant gratification-selfish culture that kids are exposed to now where everyone is special and gets awards and changing schools/teams is normalized and expected.
You're naive af, that's what these kids want bags & wins, you think Miami was getting guys back in the day cause of culture and history? Simply we're not doing enough to win games and put players in the league. When has all these so fla kids been loyal to Miami? Never stop living in a past that never existed

Advertisement
Use common sense. You have the option to get coached up by one of the best coaching staffs in the nation. Trained by THE BEST SC coach in the nation. Almost guaranteed to make the playoffs. Who wouldn't want to go there?
Who?
Guys that don't take the easy path.
Guys that know they can help bring a program back and be revered for it.
Guys like Watson, and hated guys like Tebow and Winston.
'Canes like Moss, Wayne, and Morgan.
It seems to be an old way of thinking, and I don't expect you to understand it,
but that's who.

He's Bama, always wanted that Bama attention and now he has it plus the one on one face time with Saban is what sealed our fate with B. Ingraham. We have to close on the Texas kid and the walkon we're after. I'd still let Zip take his OV because anything can happen in recruiting but he just told us who he's picking today. The only chance we have is if he wants to stay in FL.
It’s going to be cold as sh#t in northern Bama in December. It’ll be beautiful in Miami. Let’s hope he takes that in before signing.

Don’t know y some of my fellow Cans fans live in la la land. It’s pretty simple. No different than when we were on top and kids were flocking to us or when USC was on top, kids were flocking to them. No different than kids in LA being Bulls fans b/c they were always winning and when the Bulls started sucking and the Lakers started winning, they switched to Laker fans.

Kids are easily influenced by the latest trends. Bama is a hot trend, so is Clemson and OSU (though they will fade once Urb leaves).

It is what it is. We have sucked for a long time and this class won’t do us any favors moving forward. We’re going to have serious holes moving forward. No QB, No OL, No RB, and No TE (and no, I do not consider Hodges a TE as much as a do a H-Back). FML.

I guess I’ll be relegated to watching the Miami I know on YouTube. Lol.
Kids were not flockng to us the way you think. Even after some of our best years. We often struggled. I could tell you such stories. We took underrated kids and coached them up. It's not worth spending all the time to explain it because people will still keep repeating the revisionist history. I wish I could remember the rankings of Butch's classes. Those kids outperformed their high school ratings...by far.

Kids were not flockng to us the way you think. Even after some of our best years. We often struggled. I could tell you such stories. We took underrated kids and coached them up. It's not worth spending all the time to explain it because people will still keep repeating the revisionist history. I wish I could remember the rankings of Butch's classes. Those kids outperformed their high school ratings...by far.

Not talking about Butch’s kids. Of course he had an eye for talent and those boys were coached up, but u have to be naive if you don’t think we weren’t getting too flight recruits during Coker years. Go back and look at Coker’s recruiting classes. I believe Rivals has data from 2002. We landed studs!

Advertisement
Who?
Guys that don't take the easy path.
Guys that know they can help bring a program back and be revered for it.
Guys like Watson, and hated guys like Tebow and Winston.
'Canes like Moss, Wayne, and Morgan.
It seems to be an old way of thinking, and I don't expect you to understand it,
but that's who.

Yah those old school canes you named are terrible examples. They signed up after 1 bad season, but before that 1 bad 3 big east championships in a row. And had won a natty only 6 years prior.

Only a complete fool would call going to Bama the easy route. The easy route is going to Miami and starting as a freshman. At Bama you will be fighting tooth and nail just to start and if you start to fvck up a 5 star will replace you and you will never play another down at Bama in your life.

These guys are not taking the easy path. They are taking the smart path. If I get a job at Goldman sachs will I say. "Nah I wont take that. That is the easy route. I will go work for Joes financial services in Mississippi and try to build that company up to be better than Goldman. "

You're naive af, that's what these kids want bags & wins, you think Miami was getting guys back in the day cause of culture and history? Simply we're not doing enough to win games and put players in the league. When has all these so fla kids been loyal to Miami? Never stop living in a past that never existed

Yes. And it's still a factor to this day as it's consistently mentioned in interviews.

No **** Miami isn't doing enough to win games but a ton of players are being put in the league especially considering how few wins there are to show for it.

I didn't say anything about SoFla. Miami can be a national recruiting brand. We've seen it in the past and it's still the case to this day in spite of the losing and negativity.

Yah those old school canes you named are terrible examples. They signed up after 1 bad season, but before that 1 bad 3 big east championships in a row. And had won a natty only 6 years prior.

Only a complete fool would call going to Bama the easy route. The easy route is going to Miami and starting as a freshman. At Bama you will be fighting tooth and nail just to start and if you start to fvck up a 5 star will replace you and you will never play another down at Bama in your life.

These guys are not taking the easy path. They are taking the smart path. If I get a job at Goldman sachs will I say. "Nah I wont take that. That is the easy route. I will go work for Joes financial services in Mississippi and try to build that company up to be better than Goldman. "

Miami in the mid 90's was trending down. SI and their bullshet article.
Players weren't lining up to get here. The players I mentioned were the ones that brought us back. They're on my A list.

You wrote that Bama is guaranteed to make the playoffs. You consistently write good that players want to go to winners. By "easy route" i was saying joining a winner instead of bringing back a winner.

Not even close on the comparison of Miami to an investment banking firm in the second poorest state in the country.
Make no mistake. If you're good, the league will find you.

For the record I did say "Nah I wont take that" to one of the largest architectural firms in the City when I got out of school.
It would have been too easy to be part of the sheep crowd.

Different mindset today.
I figured you wouldn't get it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami in the mid 90's was trending down. SI and their bullshet article.
Players weren't lining up to get here. The players I mentioned were the ones that brought us back. They're on my A list.

You wrote that Bama is guaranteed to make the playoffs. You consistently write good that players want to go to winners. By "easy route" i was saying joining a winner instead of bringing back a winner.

Not even close on the comparison of Miami to an investment banking firm in the second poorest state in the country.
Make no mistake. If you're good, the league will find you.

For the record I did say "Nah I wont take that" to one of the largest architectural firms in the City when I got out of school.
It would have been too easy to be part of the sheep crowd.

Different mindset today.
I figured you wouldn't get it.

It was barely trending down. No it wasn't winning NCs year after year, but they still were highly ranked every year and everyone knew they had a shot of winning the NC every year. It is not like now where even if we landed a team full of 5 stars Richt would still ***** it up and lose the big games.

Winning is only part of the reason I said players go to Bama. Having the best SC program and one of the best coaches is an even bigger part of it. I always mention that in the same statement.

Yes it was an exaggeration. Its like getting a job at Goldman Sachs or getting a job at some pretty good financial firm. The point stays the same. Only someone that feared competition would shy away from Goldman. Why do you think most of the Ivy League kids go to work for these large firms? These are the brightest and most hard working young adults in the nation. They are far from "millenial Softies" yet they go work for the big company.

Did the small firm pay your more? Large firm does not necessarily mean better. The mindset is far from different today. People even 100 years ago chose to work for the best company they could get a job with. You are the one that took the easy way out. The fact that you don't see that is mind boggling.

Basically you said. I don't want to have to compete with the elite kids from MIT, Yale, etc. at the large firms. I would rather be the big fish at the smaller architecture program and compete with guys that graduated from FIU.

It’s going to be cold as sh#t in northern Bama in December. It’ll be beautiful in Miami. Let’s hope he takes that in before signing.

These kids dont give a **** about the weather. Why do people always say this dumb ****. If that was the case we would never lose a recruit.

The longer BAMA and Clemson continue to sustain their success, the less exciting college football becomes.

We are basically destined to watch BAMA / Clemson IV play for a NC.

It's BEEN played out. And will continue playing out that way...

The bull**** has gotten to the point where the Big Three is no longer a domineering presence in the NC picture. Imagine that.

Facts: Miami, FSU, and UF have won or played in the overwhelming majority of NC games. $omehow, $omeway, hillbilly team$ in flyover states are more enticing? Makes no logical sense, but absolutely is rooted in dollar$ and cent$.

The game is rigged.
Big money to get top kids

These kids dont give a **** about the weather. Why do people always say this dumb ****. If that was the case we would never lose a recruit.
Because some of us live in those cold as **** places and actually appreciate the warm weather. I have coached many players who’d love the chance to play in year round warm weather

Advertisement
It was barely trending down. No it wasn't winning NCs year after year, but they still were highly ranked every year and everyone knew they had a shot of winning the NC every year. It is not like now where even if we landed a team full of 5 stars Richt would still ***** it up and lose the big games.

Winning is only part of the reason I said players go to Bama. Having the best SC program and one of the best coaches is an even bigger part of it. I always mention that in the same statement.

Yes it was an exaggeration. Its like getting a job at Goldman Sachs or getting a job at some pretty good financial firm. The point stays the same. Only someone that feared competition would shy away from Goldman. Why do you think most of the Ivy League kids go to work for these large firms? These are the brightest and most hard working young adults in the nation. They are far from "millenial Softies" yet they go work for the big company.

Did the small firm pay your more? Large firm does not necessarily mean better. The mindset is far from different today. People even 100 years ago chose to work for the best company they could get a job with. You are the one that took the easy way out. The fact that you don't see that is mind boggling.

Basically you said. I don't want to have to compete with the elite kids from MIT, Yale, etc. at the large firms. I would rather be the big fish at the smaller architecture program and compete with guys that graduated from FIU.

Then we'll have to leave it that we just disagree on the state of UM in the mid 90's.
FSU and uF were playing for Natty's. We were not.
I give you that Santana and crew signed on in '97 and the 5 win season came later that year.

My deal was a long time ago.
I won't bore you with my story but I knew a lot of people who took those jobs in the City. I had the job. The comp didn't concern me one bit. They took the money, it was the safe bet.
Most are still there, and are still working for a firm with someone else's name on the sign.
I took some chances. Now I call my own shots. I'll just leave it at that.

Appreciate the civil response.

Then we'll have to leave it that we just disagree on the state of UM in the mid 90's.
FSU and uF were playing for Natty's. We were not.
I give you that Santana and crew signed on in '97 and the 5 win season came later that year.

My deal was a long time ago.
I won't bore you with my story but I knew a lot of people who took those jobs in the City. I had the job. The comp didn't concern me one bit. They took the money, it was the safe bet.
Most are still there, and are still working for a firm with someone else's name on the sign.
I took some chances. Now I call my own shots. I'll just leave it at that.

Appreciate the civil response.

I am glad the job worked out for you. It seems like for your set of circumstances you made the right decision, but you also can't say that someone going to Bama is the easy route. When Bama will be loaded with 5 stars that they will be competing against and if they end up winning the starting job they will have a number of 5 stars sitting behind them trying to pass them up on the roster.

This is dumbest thing we say on here, isn't the goal to be like bama, where you want kids "front running " to your program?
Exactly... You want that resume of winning so we can continue to get the best. And I stated this before. Are fans are entitled. They want kids to blindly commit to us despite our program offering very little at the moment. We can’t knock Bama. We just have to get on our grind and start winning.

Advertisement
I am glad the job worked out for you. It seems like for your set of circumstances you made the right decision, but you also can't say that someone going to Bama is the easy route. When Bama will be loaded with 5 stars that they will be competing against and if they end up winning the starting job they will have a number of 5 stars sitting behind them trying to pass them up on the roster.

We're taking 2 different angles.

I agree with you on Bama and the competing aspect. Not easy.
Although we all new Cooper, Ridley, and now Juedy were always going to be the guys up there.

I'm talking about winning and getting to the playoffs.
Whoever signs on with Bama, although yes, they have to compete, knows they will be in the CFBPO next year.

Miami? No guarantees although we know we can win with great players and just "good" coaching.
That's why I mentioned the '97 group.
They took a shot and made a difference.
I like those guys as much or better than, say, the '89 team, even though they didn't win the NC.

We're taking 2 different angles.

I agree with you on Bama and the competing aspect. Not easy.
Although we all new Cooper, Ridley, and now Juedy were always going to be the guys up there.

I'm talking about winning and getting to the playoffs.
Whoever signs on with Bama, although yes, they have to compete, knows they will be in the CFBPO next year.

Miami? No guarantees although we know we can win with great players and just "good" coaching.
That's why I mentioned the '97 group.
They took a shot and made a difference.
I like those guys as much or better than, say, the '89 team, even though they didn't win the NC.

I agree with that. I think the best example is the 79 class. I have no idea how Howard pulled that class, but that is exactly what you are referring too. As long as you agree that choosing Bama is not the easy way out. We agree.

These two have reached chief Keef Bryant trolling levels. It will be interesting to see if either end up doing much in college regardless where they go.

For some reason it won’t let me upload the photo from twitter but it’s Zipp holding a chucky doll and saying he will be home soon. Summerall retweets saying “Yesssir 🙌🏾😂

These two have reached chief Keef Bryant trolling levels. It will be interesting to see if either end up doing much in college regardless where they go.

For some reason it won’t let me upload the photo from twitter but it’s Zipp holding a chucky doll and saying he will be home soon. Summerall retweets saying “Yesssir 🙌🏾😂

It would’ve been better if Sunmerall tweeted #SalutetheHoot

Advertisement
Back