Zipperer recap

Advertisement
Correction, ingraham was a coach kool recruit, followed him instead of going with jess simpson!
Kool may have kept in touch initially but Pannuzzio recruited him and
It was Saban who got him. He said it in an interview. Saban initially saw him at that camp that FIU holds in the summer and let’s other schools “cohost”. There was a lengthy write up on o e of the Bama sites about Ingraham.

Tua makes Bama special at the moment. If Kosi can live up to his billing or Jarren can play to his potential we'll be fine. And we have more than enough at TE next season without Zip.

Kool may have kept in touch initially but Pannuzzio recruited him and
It was Saban who got him. He said it in an interview. Saban initially saw him at that camp that FIU holds in the summer and let’s other schools “cohost”. There was a lengthy write up on o e of the Bama sites about Ingraham.

Butch bought the ******* saban right into our backyard

Advertisement
I'm guessing he's a basketball player. It's a whole generation of KD wannabe frontrunners now.

Use common sense. You have the option to get coached up by one of the best coaching staffs in the nation. Trained by THE BEST SC coach in the nation. Almost guaranteed to make the playoffs. Who wouldn't want to go there?

Don’t know y some of my fellow Cans fans live in la la land. It’s pretty simple. No different than when we were on top and kids were flocking to us or when USC was on top, kids were flocking to them. No different than kids in LA being Bulls fans b/c they were always winning and when the Bulls started sucking and the Lakers started winning, they switched to Laker fans.

Kids are easily influenced by the latest trends. Bama is a hot trend, so is Clemson and OSU (though they will fade once Urb leaves).

It is what it is. We have sucked for a long time and this class won’t do us any favors moving forward. We’re going to have serious holes moving forward. No QB, No OL, No RB, and No TE (and no, I do not consider Hodges a TE as much as a do a H-Back). FML.

I guess I’ll be relegated to watching the Miami I know on YouTube. Lol.

Advertisement
Nick Saban on OJ Howard: He should have had more production here, through no fault of his. Never had the offense to take advantage of him.

Nick Saban on OJ Howard: He should have had more production here, through no fault of his. Never had the offense to take advantage of him.

OJ has HOF Tony Gonzalez potential. The strides he made from year 1 to year 2 are insane. He was invisible at Bama and I thought he would be a blocking tight end who could run downfield in the NFL. He's so much more than that as a matchup weapon but who would have known? Bama cost him about 10 slots of draft position for sure.

Bama, OSU, Iowa, UF, FSU, etc. have been TE wastelands yet talented kids keep committing there. Although maybe Bama can be taken off that list with the season Irv Smith Jr. is having.

Don’t know y some of my fellow Cans fans live in la la land. It’s pretty simple. No different than when we were on top and kids were flocking to us or when USC was on top, kids were flocking to them. No different than kids in LA being Bulls fans b/c they were always winning and when the Bulls started sucking and the Lakers started winning, they switched to Laker fans.

Kids are easily influenced by the latest trends. Bama is a hot trend, so is Clemson and OSU (though they will fade once Urb leaves).

It is what it is. We have sucked for a long time and this class won’t do us any favors moving forward. We’re going to have serious holes moving forward. No QB, No OL, No RB, and No TE (and no, I do not consider Hodges a TE as much as a do a H-Back). FML.

I guess I’ll be relegated to watching the Miami I know on YouTube. Lol.

Exactly. This has been happening for a minute. This isn't some new trend for millenials. We got a lot of holes and this isn't looking good. Next year we are going to be trash again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@dwreck27 you got a problem? You literally that stupid to disagree with ALL my recent posts even the one in this thread about Zip Being from central Florida which he is.

True but then Dabo steps in when Saban leaves. Train keeps rolling........

The longer BAMA and Clemson continue to sustain their success, the less exciting college football becomes.

We are basically destined to watch BAMA / Clemson IV play for a NC.

It's BEEN played out. And will continue playing out that way...

The bull**** has gotten to the point where the Big Three is no longer a domineering presence in the NC picture. Imagine that.

Facts: Miami, FSU, and UF have won or played in the overwhelming majority of NC games. $omehow, $omeway, hillbilly team$ in flyover states are more enticing? Makes no logical sense, but absolutely is rooted in dollar$ and cent$.

The game is rigged.

This is dumbest thing we say on here, isn't the goal to be like bama, where you want kids "front running " to your program?

I don't like frontrunners in any sport. I'll always root harder for guys who are loyal to their hometown or favorite/drafted team over the mercenaries looking for the easy road.

Obviously I want Miami to be a championship program and draw recruits from everywhere. But I especially want the recruits who are drawn to Miami for the brand, history, culture, etc. What's Bama selling besides bags and wins? Everything about them is completely transactional and they're completely a business decision for recruits. They have no intangible allure and someone like @The Franchise could eloquently describe all the asinine aspects of their school and location.

So yeah I think it's completely fair to criticize kids for frontrunning to Bama. If that offends you then I question whether you actually have experience playing sports and having intense pride/passion for the school you represent. But then again I didn't grow up in the absurd individualist-instant gratification-selfish culture that kids are exposed to now where everyone is special and gets awards and changing schools/teams is normalized and expected.

Advertisement
Back