Zion Nelson

Advertisement
Hope isn’t a strategy.

Manny is assembling the talent to make a run this year. He needs to get a LT and this thing could really get rolling

I'm calling it now he will be one of the most improved players for 2020. I'm saying it now because another year with coach feeley will do wonders plus we have a legit O-Line coach.

But the biggest reason I'm saying this now because he will get absolutely WORKED in practice going up against these phenom cyborg DEs in practice with Rossaue, Roche, Phillips, and Harvey every day. Boys we are fortunate to have these horses out there.
Ok so your saying that In year two he’ll finally grasp the concept that when the ball is hiked to explode out of your three point stance and actually block or at the very minimum get your hands on the D end correct? That of course versus this past year when the ball was hiked and he remained frozen in his 3 point like some with Parkinson’s while the D end ran right around him. I didn’t know it took two years to figure that out or just maybe he’s a two star for a reason and should never even be playing for UM and is a jag? Again not his fault he was wrongly given a scholarship but there’s no denying he played like you would expect a two star player to play at a power five school and conference. Just facts my friend, just the facts.

Advertisement
I'm calling it now he will be one of the most improved players for 2020. I'm saying it now because another year with coach feeley will do wonders plus we have a legit O-Line coach.

But the biggest reason I'm saying this now because he will get absolutely WORKED in practice going up against these phenom cyborg DEs in practice with Rossaue, Roche, Phillips, and Harvey every day. Boys we are fortunate to have these horses out there.

Gotta be much improved or he has to be replaced cant be ****ting the bed next year.

Pretty much was one of the worst players I have ever seen. So I expect to see some improvement with another year.

wow really going out on the limb there. an OL that came in undersized and thrown in the fire.... Meanwhile most OL get a year to redshirt and get fat and learn technique.

Advertisement
Man i thought he would’ve gotten better wit the dline we had last year and look at that lol no reason that man should’ve played last year but that just goes to show how bad our oline was. Really think he makes huge improvements this spring so we’ll see.

The o-line wasnt as bad as they seemed, they got set up by an inept oc, 1st time headcoach and barry banking on a wing and a prayer instead of just starting scaife at tackle from the get go. But worst of all, 1st game out the gate, play-action with 5 to 7 step drops was insane for all 3 of those guys, especially manny to sit their and watch that crap. I can tell you right now Zion has what it takes to get the job done, but they left tgat man out their on an island with no tightend or runningback help for a long time. And having will "need to redshirt" mallory blocking on his side was even worst, 99% of the running plays behind mallory were for negative yards. If a plus/minus ratio was done on how many positive and negative plays happened when mallory was in the game, im sure the negatives would be sky high, hardly anything good happened when he was on the field!

I mean we said the same thing for our o line going against the 2019 front 4 and it didn’t do anything.

Another note to add he got a ton of burn this year as a true freshman. Sure he **** the bed but he’s got some experience. He’s got tons to learn

Advertisement
The o-line wasnt as bad as they seemed, they got set up by an inept oc, 1st time headcoach and barry banking on a wing and a prayer instead of just starting scaife at tackle from the get go. But worst of all, 1st game out the gate, play-action with 5 to 7 step drops was insane for all 3 of those guys, especially manny to sit their and watch that crap. I can tell you right now Zion has what it takes to get the job done, but they left tgat man out their on an island with no tightend or runningback help for a long time. And having will "need to redshirt" mallory blocking on his side was even worst, 99% of the running plays behind mallory were for negative yards. If a plus/minus ratio was done on how many positive and negative plays happened when mallory was in the game, im sure the negatives would be sky high, hardly anything good happened when he was on the field!
The oline was as ****** as the System they played in..can’t blame everything on the system. They played at a P5 level for a little stretch. But the first 4 games they were ***..then the last 3 they were booty

"...but..but...but...Zion has a whole year past now to get better..."

One merely has to be a student of skills/proficiency theories and apply those tenets to Zion (and by extension the rest of OL).

Gladwell's "10,000" hour rule often comes to mind, however, there is a ton of research that shows it's more than that.

INITIAL training + real world repetition + natural talent = performance.

An outset, INITIAL training sets a malleable mold that quickly (typically with 8-16 hours of performance) gets reinforced, or jettisoned, by the cold hard consequences of real world repetition + natural talent.

For all saying Zion can only get better in the years ahead, not impossible, but not so fast. If you ascribe to that theory, J Murphy and R Knowles should be first round draft picks because be several accounts of people in building, those two were among the hardest workers on the team.

When you watch Canes OL, people make it sound like Searles and Barry schemes were just belly flop after belly flop. C'mon on--these techniques are not rocket science, they are however, only executable on an elite level by those special athletes that survive elite real world repetitions + possessing elite natural talent.

I said this about Zion on game one, and still doing it against La Tech...he reaches, bends, and twists from a base with zero leverage. Do you honestly think he wasn't being taught? C'mon.

I'm sure he is a great kid. He was put into an awful position and it is testament to his character to go out there and get humiliated play after play.

It is just unlikely at this point he will be a late bloomer. Possible? Sure. Likely?

😬

For Canes to have a chance at even 8 Ws next season, several new quality OLrs need to be brought in via portal.

It's not criticism, it's reality.

LOL. We don't have half the sacks we had last year had Suitcase just thrown the ball. **** we'd have won a lot more games had he used the backs for more than screen passes. Jarren was really bad. Don't let FSU and Louisville fool anyone. He was pretty turrible all year and the behind the scenes stuff is just more fuel to the fire.

You realize just about all of our big plays were on those PA plays right? And that if Jarren would've thrown the ball half the times to the butt *** open WR we'd be in a different convo right?

Well no matter how we beat Fsu, Fsu is still Fsu, but that louisville game definitely meant nothing, louisville had one of the worst secondaries and defenses in the nation. How coach diaz named a qb the starter at UM who is scared to throw the deep ball and is mentally weak is beyond me, i would've just went with perry out the gate, start running a ball controlled type of offense, and go from their. The Truth is, jw15 can take his ball and go home now, being a loser to the gaytors and F.i.u. in the same season nullifies the Fsu victory, just look for the 95N sign, than head west to Ky!

Advertisement
The oline was as ****** as the System they played in..can’t blame everything on the system. They played at a P5 level for a little stretch. But the first 4 games they were ***..then the last 3 they were booty

The system was the main problem, and personnel mismanagement, enos already was a moron oc! If lashlee h as basic common sense, you'll see a stark difference.

The system was the main problem, and personnel mismanagement, enos already was a moron oc! If lashlee h as basic common sense, you'll see a stark difference.
Shiiittttttt bruh we had a 2star TF LT..a 400pound LG and a 3star TF RG STARTING🤣🤣😭..like bruh cmon..they were terrible last year..2 things are true, Enos sucked along with his QBs and the line was historically bad

Advertisement
Back