Zion Nelson, OT, Sumter HS (SC)

Advertisement
Here’s how I see it. The optics look really bad flipping a 2 star from App st. The reality is, lineman are the hardest to project out of all positions. You see 1st rd licks all the time come from out of nowhere. Also we have been recruiting a ton of guards “elite guards” Donaldson, Scaife etc... and trying to play them at tackle. At least this kid actually has the frame of an OT. Will it work out, lets check back in 3 years. These are the type of players smaller schools bring in and beef up and develop o Er 2-3 years that turn out to be all conference while we see 4-5 star kids bust out on the line. Let’s pray this is one of those situations.

Advertisement
Exactly. It’s only when other big schools want a player do our fans give credence to a recruit. Same thing with the OT Kennedy. So many of our fan base are star and offer sheet whores
If Richt has pulled Neal would you be happy or would you be talking about how many 5 star tackles turn out to be busts and that we should hold off on the optimism and stop being star whores? How may of these project tackles pan out? 1.6% ?

i guess the one thing you can say for this staff is at least when they find themselves scraping the bottom of the barrel like this they're at least placing bets on kids with athletic traits...

Dominated high school talent in his district, elite balance and feet, so athletic he’s played TE and some WR in 7on7 in the summer and spring. Impossible to beat him around the edge because of his length and he knows it so he doesn’t bite and drift outside on speed rushers just to get beat on an inside move. Got handled by Zacch Pickens in practice but it was usually a bull rush and Pickens is every bit of 285 and strong as an ox. Another matchup was a 6’6 DE (not sure who) that is committed to a D1 school and has many P5 offers and dominated every other OT in practice and he had no problem handling him. Just needs strength and weight. Could even afford to gain some “bad weight” as he’s a very lean 250.

I guess they did some kind of combine type workout and he ran as well as TEs and LBs that were 30 pounds lighter. Best OL or DL time in the 40 at the entire shrine bowl.

Very informative, thanks...(but way too positive for these a$$heads)

Very informative, thanks...(but way too positive for these a$$heads)

I said in a previous post he probably shouldn’t be a take for Miami. But it is what it is. App state puts guys in the league and has guys that could play for most FBS P5 teams. If he’s developed right, it could work. But he’s got a long way to go in technique, size, and strength. But the raw ability is there and the frame is there and he’s a unique athlete for his position.

Advertisement
I said in a previous post he probably shouldn’t be a take for Miami. But it is what it is. App state puts guys in the league and has guys that could play for most FBS P5 teams. If he’s developed right, it could work. But he’s got a long way to go in technique, size, and strength. But the raw ability is there and the frame is there and he’s a unique athlete for his position.

Can’t argue w any of this at least off the tape

And yes App state is a very nice program right now. As of this team right this minute... Satterfield built them into a team that would be favored aporosimately 80-85 fbs teams on a neutral field, and this is with a relatively young team, as they were senior laden last year.

giphy.gif

I don’t get people who try to justify this move or spin a positive narrative

Just be real and call a spade a spade

This is a shtty commitment and if the gators of FSU did this we be on the floor laughing at them

Let’s wake up slurpers and admit this sht stinks

Self awareness is key

I don’t get people who try to justify this move or spin a positive narrative

Just be real and call a spade a spade

This is a shtty commitment and if the gators of FSU did this we be on the floor laughing at them

Let’s wake up slurpers and admit this sht stinks

Self awareness is key

I don't get the complete idiots that would downgrade and trash a commitment just because he came from Appalachian State. It is pure idiodicy.
I mean since when are you idiots here the measuring stick for an eye for OL talent?

Advertisement
I would take a couple more of OL dudes like Zion , I dig the name.

Zion locks on people till they fall or they back peddle out or the play area and whistle blows......

If anyone can ask Don Bailey Jr ,I assure you he'd asgree wholeheartedly with Zion the way he plays and his size with room to grow , throw all this together and soon you'd have a 6'5" 305 stud who is strong as a BEAST and will hit you and won't let up till whistle blows.

Advertisement
I don't get the complete idiots that would downgrade and trash a commitment just because he came from Appalachian State. It is pure idiodicy.
I mean since when are you idiots here the measuring stick for an eye for OL talent?
When idiots like you defend taking kids from App St that can't punt!

Advertisement
Back