Zion Nelson future 1st Rounder

Zion probably still has a lot more upside left. Has the chance to add quite a bit more strength to go along with his natural quickness. Not yet close to what could become , especially with his obvious work ethic and dedication to be great.

Advertisement
So many of these early draft projections are pure plagiarism. 1 or 2 respected analysts put out a list, then 50 hacks take those lists, change the order up, switch a name or 2, publish it on a site with a large platform (McIntyre), and boom... now Zion is a 1st rounder on every list.

This isn’t a knock on Zion; it’s a knock on the McIntyre’s of the world. Projecting is hard. This dude does every sport for Fox and his website. Call me skeptical that he broke down Zion’s film, or that he is even capable of it, for that matter.

Advertisement
So many of these early draft projections are pure plagiarism. 1 or 2 respected analysts put out a list, then 50 hacks take those lists, change the order up, switch a name or 2, publish it on a site with a large platform (McIntyre), and boom... now Zion is a 1st rounder on every list.

This isn’t a knock on Zion; it’s a knock on the McIntyre’s of the world. Projecting is hard. This dude does every sport for Fox and his website. Call me skeptical that he broke down Zion’s film, or that he is even capable of it, for that matter.
This this this! They just regurgitate the same names without doing very little to no research just for clicks.

Someone needs to look up their way to early 2021 mock drafts.
See if they were even close to give these lists any credit at all.

Advertisement
Told y’all back when I saw him against Pitt. That tape made him a potential 1st rounder. He was so dominating Pitt was moving Jones and Weaver away from him trying to create pressure.

Bubba needs to play the entire 2021 season like he did the first half of the 2020 season to be a first rounder. Also needs to test well.
Tyrique, Zion, Mallory, and Bubba are probably our top 4 drafted next year.

Advertisement
Zion is already a success story IMO.
Being drafted early would just be the icing on the cake.
His mental toughness is unquestioned. That 2019 season would have been easy for him to go in a shell and never recover..He wont be the type of guy who goes into a deep depression if he loses his job and the foreclosure letter is on the door saying he better pay in a week or its over thats for **** sure.

Advertisement
Got to see more but Zion was impressive last year when he played
I remember arguing with folks ripping him at the half way point. I was like he’s easily the best ol and is having a pretty **** good year. Then the grades came out and people started shutting up. Ol is one position I spend time watching , I actually watch a replay normal , then the next replay I only watch the ol. After a couple games of him starting I was like “ Jesus , this isn’t the same guy”. Unreal jump, I have mad respect for his toughness and tenacity. That Fr year would’ve broken most kids.

If he improves his run blocking ( still an Issue) and works more on his feet he could most definitely go in the top two rounds.

I remember arguing with folks ripping him at the half way point. I was like he’s easily the best ol and is having a pretty **** good year. Then the grades came out and people started shutting up. Ol is one position I spend time watching , I actually watch a replay normal , then the next replay I only watch the ol. After a couple games of him starting I was like “ Jesus , this isn’t the same guy”. Unreal jump, I have mad respect for his toughness and tenacity. That Fr year would’ve broken most kids.

If he improves his run blocking ( still an Issue) and works more on his feet he could most definitely go in the top two rounds.
It almost broke JW in half, about 15 times Week 1

/He has improved tremendously, good for him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back