Zion Nelson future 1st Rounder

His mock seemed the most accurate at first glance, although the QB order is a crapshoot.

The Cane with the best chance to jump in the first is Tyrique Stevenson, as @Boarcane noted. He's 6'0, 217 and will run in the 4.4s with explosive jumps. He's also a physical, versatile player in the Minkah Fitzpatrick mold.

All told, I can see four South Florida DBs going Round 1 or close to it: Stevenson, Kair Elam, Jordan Battle and Josh Jobe.
Yeah I don't see it with Rattler and especially Howell right now. I'm more intrigued by Willis and Daniels.

Advertisement
His mock seemed the most accurate at first glance, although the QB order is a crapshoot.

The Cane with the best chance to jump in the first is Tyrique Stevenson, as @Boarcane noted. He's 6'0, 217 and will run in the 4.4s with explosive jumps. He's also a physical, versatile player in the Minkah Fitzpatrick mold.

All told, I can see four South Florida DBs going Round 1 or close to it: Stevenson, Kair Elam, Jordan Battle and Josh Jobe.
Jobe is probably the least likely of that bunch, IMO. He hasn’t put out first round tape and he’ll be a senior.

Yeah I don't see it with Rattler and especially Howell right now. I'm more intrigued by Willis and Daniels.
Rattlers a bit of an odd duck and head case but arm talent wise he may be the best they have had under Riley, and that group includes two #1 overall NFL picks and a second round pick.

Advertisement
Now that Mccshay has said it gives real creditability, 🍻 here's to Zion living up to the hype.
Nelson as a top 5 pick and the first OT off the board has to have kids looking. He also has Bolden going round 1 as the first safety off the board. If these guys really play like that the sky is the limit. I don’t believe anyone here would take Nelson over Neal, who was also taken top 10 in McShays. That says a lot about national perception.

Jobe is probably the least likely of that bunch, IMO. He hasn’t put out first round tape and he’ll be a senior.
He will possibly very likely be a first rounder. They will draft based off testing numbers and potential. Don't think he's a shut down corner but u know the league......size and workouts go a long way

Advertisement
1620764831296.png

He will possibly very likely be a first rounder. They will draft based off testing numbers and potential. Don't think he's a shut down corner but u know the league......size and workouts go a long way
Not sure about that. He doesn’t have a lot of upside with his age and he’s a senior, so h doesn’t have the potential argument. He simply hasn’t had first round tape to this point at Bama. We’ll see what he does this year, but I’m not expecting him to test like Surtain/Campbell either.

So we are just penciling in TS as a first round NFL pick? Why do you guys do this to yourselves?? I will never understand it. Let's see him play here first, he was not that good at UGA. He looks the part for sure, but let's let him play before we crown him.

Talking with multiple UGA fans they all thought he lacked a bit as a cb and would be a better safety but is for sure a plus athlete. He should have been a Cane Day 1 but I'm glad he is here, let's see what he can do.
Where did you find UGA fans to talk to? From my personal understanding from @Cribby and me personally asking Sony Michel last time I saw him working out here in Springs everybody thought TS was their best CB but the coaches at UGA are dog****.

I don't see it in Mallory. I mean he has all the tools but to me, he lacks that special player "it" factor.
So did Mike Gesicki. Mike Gesicki just finished last year in the top 10 for YAC, YPG, Total yards, and TDs for TEs last year. Crazy what guys with “tools” can do once they actually get a chance to get consistent playing time.

Advertisement
Not sure about that. He doesn’t have a lot of upside with his age and he’s a senior, so h doesn’t have the potential argument. He simply hasn’t had first round tape to this point at Bama. We’ll see what he does this year, but I’m not expecting him to test like Surtain/Campbell either.
Going to be interesting cause alot of mocks had him as a first rounder last draft. I think he sneaks in with that front seven and bama pedigree bs.

As of right now in my opinion the first QB off the board in next years draft should be the Ridder kid from Cincy. His film is just filled with him making plays.

Potential? Isn’t he like 30?

Advertisement
Going to be interesting cause alot of mocks had him as a first rounder last draft. I think he sneaks in with that front seven and bama pedigree bs.
Yea we’ll see. Corners will emerge during the season. Don’t think Jaycee Horn or Greg Newsome were first rounders this time last year but Tyson Campbell was.

Where did you find UGA fans to talk to? From my personal understanding from @Cribby and me personally asking Sony Michel last time I saw him working out here in Springs everybody thought TS was their best CB but the coaches at UGA are dog****.

A Dawg site, I had been on there off and on over the years. They didn't like his coverage, wanted him to play the STAR but it is a complex read system in their D. Now he was behind two NFL CBs (Stokes/Campbell) that just got drafted to the NFL so it's not like he was backing up scrubs, but he was not bale to beat them out.

I hope he balls here but I'll be honest, he looks more safety to me as well. If he excels here at CB I'm happy, I'm just not crowning him an All American like the fools here are, I gotta see it. The classic CIS fail is the early crowning of players/coaches then crying like little girls when they don't reach the potential the tards built them up to.

If he makes ALL-ACC CB I'm happy tbh.

Just off being a starting CB at Bama is gives him a decent shot. And I agree he will put up some workout #s better than his actual CB play.

A Dawg site, I had been on there off and on over the years. They didn't like him coverage, wanted him to play the STAR but it is a complex read system in their D. Now he was behind two NFL CBs (Stokes/Campbell) that just got drafted to the NFL so it's not like he was backing up scrubs, but he was not bale to beat them out.

I hope he balls here but I'll be honest, he looks more safety to me as well. If he excels here at CB I'm happy, I'm just not crowning him an All American like the fools here are, I gotta see it.
But did you pay attention to what they said about the Stokes and Campbell picks? They couldn’t stop talking about their lack of development. Think about this way, how does a school get a CB that ran 4.3 flat at 6’2 190 with a 40 inch leap and somehow can’t turn that into a top 15 pick? It’s not like Eric Stokes was playing at Western Michigan...

Advertisement
Back