2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Planning to visit Michigan on Sunday, Patterson will then head home and lock in a commitment date, with Chaminade-Madonna liking to have its seniors committed before the season starts.

That will not end his recruitment, though, and he still plans to take all of his official visits this fall.

"But even when I commit, my recruitment will still be open to my top five because I want to make sure I make the right decision because I’m being pushed to go fast," Patterson said.

Planning to visit Michigan on Sunday, Patterson will then head home and lock in a commitment date, with Chaminade-Madonna liking to have its seniors committed before the season starts.

That will not end his recruitment, though, and he still plans to take all of his official visits this fall.

"But even when I commit, my recruitment will still be open to my top five because I want to make sure I make the right decision because I’m being pushed to go fast," Patterson said.

So.... It's actually the schools pushing these kids to commit early huh?

And maaaaan, lol based on his comments... I don't even want lil dawg to announce any time soon. Just wait man smh!

Advertisement
Sounds like Chaminade doing the pushing, like a team policy. I dont like that.
I sorta kinda get it. They want their kids to be committed before the season so they can stay more focus on playing actual football during the season.... But still, what's the point if the kids are just going to have their recruitment remain open anyway.

Aka “I still want to collect those bags this fall after I commit”.. ain’t nothing wrong with that. Get paid young man get paid

Advertisement
With unlimited official visits it will probably become much more common for committed kids to keep visiting other schools.

Only so much time during the HS season to go and visit schools unless they live a short distance away.

I sorta kinda get it. They want their kids to be committed before the season so they can stay more focus on playing actual football during the season.... But still, what's the point if the kids are just going to have their recruitment remain open anyway.
I disagree with it. It’s not his schools business when or how he decides, there’s plenty of other high schools that will gladly let him play football for them while not pushing the issue.

I disagree with it. It’s not his schools business when or how he decides, there’s plenty of other high schools that will gladly let him play football for them while not pushing the issue.

It’s cause the coaches don’t want to deal with all the hoopla of recruiting during the season…all requests now are answered with “ our kids are all committed “…

Advertisement
Seems so counterproductive to force the kids to make a decision they aren’t ready to make. Also has me wondering g WHY he didnt take his OVS already when he knew he was going to have to make a decision.
Because the ovs gonna be additional free trips/ He been traveling with teammmates and former coaches for the most part.

I mean he done went to alot of campus in his years....gonna get to see some good games with fam/teammates/ coaches during the szn.

I dont think Auburn will be a big factor here.

Also Chaminade likely plays all the way through december their a state team yearly.

Any coach would say one thing. They want their players focusing on the hear and now. You get then set for next year and come Friday night their mind is on the game, not where they're going tomorrow or later that night for an OV.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back