Zalontae now a four star

Advertisement
Pete you still believe (from your last podcast) that the coaches won't lose much sleep if Hillery bolts?

Pete you still believe (from your last podcast) that the coaches won't lose much sleep if Hillery bolts?

They definitely want him in the class but they would be much more upset not landing one of Henderson/Edwards

TIFWIW Just asked Zalon'tae via text "Are you making a final decision tomorrow or signing with Miami" and he said "I'm making a final decision"

actually don't think this hurts as bad as DB, we have a solid haul at linemen, that being said, i hope he comes

Advertisement
Maybe that's the plan for Smith. He's visited us unofficially twice this year. Not coming this weekend kept all the pressure off him. Him announcing for the Canes tomorrow, he will have no one else pressuring him afterwards.

Doesn't make sense.

Smith said that he didn't visit because of a basketball game but was able to drive 8 hrs round trip to bama this weekend.

The only glimmer of hope that we have is that he bumped his commitment time to after Ruggs to see where he's going...

Maybe that's the plan for Smith. He's visited us unofficially twice this year. Not coming this weekend kept all the pressure off him. Him announcing for the Canes tomorrow, he will have no one else pressuring him afterwards.

Doesn't make sense.

Smith said that he didn't visit because of a basketball game but was able to drive 8 hrs round trip to bama this weekend.

The only glimmer of hope that we have is that he bumped his commitment time to after Ruggs to see where he's going...

why yall continue to worry about smith i will never understand . . . for those of you who've had a chick that your not interested in and you want to let her down easy by "getting the hint" . . . you recognize what's going on here . . . now we (UM) need to have dignity and move on

Advertisement
He is the same player he was 48 hours ago, this can only mean insidetheu.com subscriptions are trending up.

So true....lmao.

This goes against what this board says. I always read how if you commit here that you'll drop a star.....so says the board anyhow.

It's a good o-line class with or without Hillary. I hope he doesn't flip, but there isn't a huge hole in the class if he does. We just will sign oone more o-lineman in the 2018 class than we otherwise would have.

Advertisement
Not that this matters in the least, but the #87 rated passing offense in the nation who has been trending on an average of 300 fewer yards passing per season since 2014 and who has no receiver's coach with a glorified tail back playing quarterback, Ally-Bama, has three receivers enrolled right now in the 2017 class (Jeudy, Shavers, and Townsend; Townsend is listed as an ATH because they could move him to DB) Ruggs would be number four and Smith number five, assuming he goes there. And all things considered I absolutely agree - makes no sense.

Doesn't make sense.

What makes you think that Liberty City El?

I'm a big Z Hill fan, I think he has much higher upside at OT than Herbert does...

Hillery can be a really good RT or possibly even a LT in a couple years for us.
Because Herbert projects best as a Guard imo, he still struggles at the Tackle spot & will need a redshirt year in the S&C program to redefine his body & get rid of all that bad baby weight he still has on him.

Hillery is very raw, but has a strong long armed frame & is a good athletic lineman who can anchor & move. Will be a great RT in a couple years.

Advertisement
Appreciate that. I also thought Hillery looked raw. Not that it can't be overcome, but just that it would take some time before he could be trusted when it matters.

I'm a big Z Hill fan, I think he has much higher upside at OT than Herbert does...

Because Herbert projects best as a Guard imo, he still struggles at the Tackle spot & will need a redshirt year in the S&C program to redefine his body & get rid of all that bad baby weight he still has on him.

Hillery is very raw, but has a strong long armed frame & is a good athletic lineman who can anchor & move. Will be a great RT in a couple years.

Appreciate that. I also thought Hillery looked raw. Not that it can't be overcome, but just that it would take some time before he could be trusted when it matters.

I agree. But, did you not also notice the big jump in his play (and build) from his JR to SR year? That level of improvement on a kid who still has a lot of untapped potential speaks volumes to me.

No I hadn't noticed that. Thanks.

I agree. But, did you not also notice the big jump in his play (and build) from his JR to SR year? That level of improvement on a kid who still has a lot of untapped potential speaks volumes to me.

Advertisement
Back