Zalontae now a four star

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I had no idea he was that good.

Per 247sports:

"I love Hillery's size, love his athleticism and dominating presence," 247Sports College Football Insider and Director of Scouting Barton Simmons said.

"I also was told by a college coach that won't be getting him that he's a five-star level prospect. When those guys talk up a player that they're not getting to that extent it's telling. Add that to what are truly elite physical traits, he's a no-doubt four-star guy."

For Hillary to "suddenly" get a HUGE bump in rating he about to flip to an SEC school no question..

Yea, his mom's wasn't too happy he committed. She felt/feels that it's too far away. And that he got caught up in the wave of emotions after DeeJay committed to us. If she lets him freely choose, he's staying with us cause he wants to play with DeeJay. If it's a NSD flip, she got in his head. Now, I live within an hour of Brunswick, GA and I heard that he was looking for an offer from UGA a few weeks ago (I'm not sure he got it), and there was some interest with Clemson (again, don't know about an offer), and as always, UiF.

Advertisement
Trust me, I'm a huge Miami fan and want Zilontae as part of this class. His mom is a huge reason for him considering his options. Unfortunately up here in GA there is a real perception that Miami is in the hood. I think people watch to much of the First 48 or something. Just don't be shocked if he doesn't flip to one of the other schools interested in him (Georgia, NC State, Clemson, etc.)

Advertisement
Been on Z Hill, told ya'll he's a better prospect than Dykstra.

Yo. Why do you feel that? Just curious because it seems like Dykstra has potential to be a better run blocker but Hillery seems like he may be a better pass pro guy.

Dykstra struggled with hand placement, feet, and leverage. He's strong, but needs to work on balance against faster guys. Z Hill has a lot of dog in him. He gets very angry and has a real competitive streak and he's athletic. He and Gaynor are probably my two favorite OL in this class. He's extremely coachable and adjust very well. It's really hard to evaluate OL, but from all of the NFL OL coaches I've had the pleasure to meet and chat w/, that's one thing they all like to see: hand placement, meanstreak, feet, utilizing leverage.

Good observations. Thanks for your take. I like OL that have that dog. I also like that Gaynor is a red ***.

Advertisement
Back