Zach Mccloud

Let’s solve our problems with speed by putting in a guy that can’t reach the QB from 5 yards closer. He is NOT the answer!

Would love to see the staph take a flyer on someone that we haven’t seen much of (insert LB not named Steed, Jennings, McCloud, Ragone). Are the freshmen too small, not talented enough or too inexperienced? What’s Brooks’ story, still injured? It’s amazing how light we are in this spot and we are not trying to load it up and address it through recruiting and portal. And I can’t take watching 17 anymore (have given up entirely on 44). Whatever injuries these kids had, they are not the same as the team expected.

Advertisement
I know this won’t be well received in this place but rewatching the game snap by snap (yikes), Zach Mccloud actually does a lot positive pass rush wise. He’s a great athlete at that position and surprisingly is pretty technical with his hands. Has a nice spin move and utilizes jab steps extremely well. Canes fans have a predated hate for him and I agree he was a terrible LB with his instincts at the position but that is gone at DE. If he weren’t already disliked as a name people should be excited for him this year. I think he will impress as a pass rusher (if the secondary can hold up).
agree, he has been a pleasant surprise : think he found his calling, maybe they should move Jennings there also

Vikings announcers are raving about McCloud. I haven’t gotten to catch much of the game but was listening on the radio while driving and they were talking about him and giving him cred. With the new staff they are switching to a 3-4 so maybe he’s a better fit as a LB there.

Vikings announcers are raving about McCloud. I haven’t gotten to catch much of the game but was listening on the radio while driving and they were talking about him and giving him cred. With the new staff they are switching to a 3-4 so maybe he’s a better fit as a LB there.
Is olb on their roster. Hope he makes it.

That's what Him & Shaq were recruited to play in here until they fired Golden...and then Diaz had Him moonwalking into coverage in His bullsh!t sKEeM. Glad to see He's finally getting REAL coaching, hope He makes the cut.

Advertisement
That's what Him & Shaq were recruited to play in here until they fired Golden...and then Diaz had Him moonwalking into coverage in His bullsh!t sKEeM. Glad to see He's finally getting REAL coaching, hope He makes the cut.
That’s why you recruit players for the positions you RECRUITED THEM FOR! That’s to all you James Williams need to play Edge/OLB.

Advertisement
Sometimes all a guy needs is a fresh start.
It doesn't surprise me to see some of these guys doing really well at the next level, I still root for KJ Osborn as he was one of my favorite players to watch here from the past few years.

I'm convinced Manny and his staff were just in over their heads on how to effectively run a college program.

Last edited:
I watched the game and he played with good intensity. Probably a PS guy, would make a ton of sense to keep around in the even of an injury or emergency.

Advertisement
I posted this on McCloud a few months back. Actually thought he played so well he might make a very late draft pick. He looked like he belonged out there.

Just a quick update on McCloud out of Training Camp I heard again yesterday. They are thinking he may take one of the last spots on the Vikings active roster (not just practice squad). Apparently coaches love him. They also said specifically that the Vikings basically moved mountains in a bidding war to sign him as an undrafted free agent against the dolphins to the point that he received a better than usual contract for a non-drafted rookie.

Advertisement
Just a quick update on McCloud out of Training Camp I heard again yesterday. They are thinking he may take one of the last spots on the Vikings active roster (not just practice squad). Apparently coaches love him. They also said specifically that the Vikings basically moved mountains in a bidding war to sign him as an undrafted free agent against the dolphins to the point that he received a better than usual contract for a non-drafted rookie.
Not even a feather in manny’s cap cause he played the kid out of position for 4 years

And that extra year he spent, learning a different position, may have jump started a football career that was dead. It at least got him noticed, and that's a good thing!

He's definitely Exhibit 1 for kids on the margin thinking of leaving. Harley is Exhibit 2

Advertisement
Back