Zach Mccloud

MS11

Freshman
I know this won’t be well received in this place but rewatching the game snap by snap (yikes), Zach Mccloud actually does a lot positive pass rush wise. He’s a great athlete at that position and surprisingly is pretty technical with his hands. Has a nice spin move and utilizes jab steps extremely well. Canes fans have a predated hate for him and I agree he was a terrible LB with his instincts at the position but that is gone at DE. If he weren’t already disliked as a name people should be excited for him this year. I think he will impress as a pass rusher (if the secondary can hold up).

Advertisement
Why the **** would you rewatch that???

Eww GIF - Find on GIFER

Advertisement
No chance you have a reasonable opinion on this topic. No chance you rewatched it and no chance you focused on each position. If you did you would actually have something intelligent to say here.
No, we know that YOU didn’t. No one else is claiming that they have. Go to bed.

Advertisement
I know this won’t be well received in this place but rewatching the game snap by snap (yikes), Zach Mccloud actually does a lot positive pass rush wise. He’s a great athlete at that position and surprisingly is pretty technical with his hands. Has a nice spin move and utilizes jab steps extremely well. Canes fans have a predated hate for him and I agree he was a terrible LB with his instincts at the position but that is gone at DE. If he weren’t already disliked as a name people should be excited for him this year. I think he will impress as a pass rusher (if the secondary can hold up).
He was ok.

People may be over reacting on this defense. Bryce Young was extremely good in the pocket. Exactly what he was on film. Any pressure he was able to calmly adjust in the pocket. DBs had to hold coverages for 5 secs plus. Not sure we'll play a better QB all year long. That was text book pocket presence. DL will get home more often against ACC competition.
Biggest question is Lashlee.

I actually thought he was our most productive DE tonight. The best DL tonight was Harrison-Hunte.

Advertisement
Generated plenty of pressure that if he had bama’s DBs behind him would have been sacks. Not saying he’s amazing but he’s actually a plus player at DE
Yeah he did ok. Given the situation at DE I get why he played as much and he held up better than I expected.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Zach is much better at DE than LB. He needs to continue to work hard & learn the position. However, I'm really concerned about this team's ability to pressure the QB. We applied virtually no pressure in last year's bowl game and Bama's QB had all day to pick us apart in this game -- this is a major issue for this team (together with the LB position).

Yeah it was a tough watch. Don’t think DEs will be our issue this year though I’m actually more concerned with the DBs. Need corners bad I think it’s clear couch is our only trustworthy man corner. No one else has the speed/hips combo to be playing man
#2 is really a safety playing cb.. good hurt just doesn't have the hips

I agree I watched the replay it because I didn’t see the game live. Zach actually caused Bryce to flush out a lot move around get them off his spot, The problem was no one else was there to clean it up. On the big long touchdown throw rewatch the clip Zach is being held in the end zone which should’ve been a safety he beats the tackle around the outside and the guy has a full arm bar grab across the front pulling his jersey on the opposite shoulder complete hold and not called

Advertisement
Back