Zach Mccloud

Advertisement
As lo g as we have #8 and #26 on an islands teams will continue to attack them.

mine doesn’t have the athleticism to hold up, the other one is all mental and crybaby said it in one of his camp posts that he plays slow and should be an LB

I'm so fuqin angry. I wasn't that mad yesterday but today I'm mad af. I knew we would lose but it's still sucks because I feel like it's unfair. We follow recruiting and we know it's unfair.

I know this won’t be well received in this place but rewatching the game snap by snap (yikes), Zach Mccloud actually does a lot positive pass rush wise. He’s a great athlete at that position and surprisingly is pretty technical with his hands. Has a nice spin move and utilizes jab steps extremely well. Canes fans have a predated hate for him and I agree he was a terrible LB with his instincts at the position but that is gone at DE. If he weren’t already disliked as a name people should be excited for him this year. I think he will impress as a pass rusher (if the secondary can hold up).
He didn't play bad at all. He actually flushed Young out of pocket on a couple of occasions. I think he needs to get settled in at DE a bit more, and that will come with more game reps. He rushes out of control at times. I would love to see his reps against the run. I'm sure he got man handled due to his size but was the effort and technique there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol Smh McCloud had no impact on the game.. his pass rush skills are terrible as well as his overall since of awareness on the field. Trust me he’s going to look just as bad going up against App state next week.

:jordan: :jordan:

Advertisement
Minus total bums Ivey and Jennings I think the defense will be ok. Bama gonna Bama.

I know this won’t be well received in this place but rewatching the game snap by snap (yikes), Zach Mccloud actually does a lot positive pass rush wise. He’s a great athlete at that position and surprisingly is pretty technical with his hands. Has a nice spin move and utilizes jab steps extremely well. Canes fans have a predated hate for him and I agree he was a terrible LB with his instincts at the position but that is gone at DE. If he weren’t already disliked as a name people should be excited for him this year. I think he will impress as a pass rusher (if the secondary can hold up).
Maybe but what does it say about a program who replaces a DE with an old Linebacker?

we either have no depth or they are playing favorites. Something wrong.

big time schools replace one with the next first round pick. Your guy may not even get drafted

I agree I watched the replay it because I didn’t see the game live. Zach actually caused Bryce to flush out a lot move around get them off his spot, The problem was no one else was there to clean it up. On the big long touchdown throw rewatch the clip Zach is being held in the end zone which should’ve been a safety he beats the tackle around the outside and the guy has a full arm bar grab across the front pulling his jersey on the opposite shoulder complete hold and not called
Yeah like just focusing on him he really did do some good things out there. Most consistent pressure came from him out of the edge guys. Harvey is frustrating because he has the tools he’s just gotta really add some go to moves especially inside counters. He’s WAY better than he was last year and the added size is great for him but he needs to get better with his hands.

Advertisement
Maybe but what does it say about a program who replaces a DE with an old Linebacker?

we either have no depth or they are playing favorites. Something wrong.

big time schools replace one with the next first round pick. Your guy may not even get drafted
Yeah I don’t think it’s ideal he is our starter from a talent at DE standpoint but that is the position we are in. It’s what happens when you miss on the big time edge rushers you go after year after year or only get 1 with real potential in a class.

Advertisement
I think so too. We did get good pressure at times, but that Bama QB is well above average at evading and throwing away.
He was good at just moving around and not panicking. Kid had poise. He knew if he just waited a moment someone would be free because our scheme is full of those types of holes.

He made it look easier than it was I think

He didn't play bad at all. He actually flushed Young out of pocket on a couple of occasions. I think he needs to get settled in at DE a bit more, and that will come with more game reps. He rushes out of control at times. I would love to see his reps against the run. I'm sure he got man handled due to his size but was the effort and technique there.
Actually surprisingly held up alright against the run. The worst I saw was actually Chantz which surprised me cause he’s our biggest guy there. He was way too tentative taking on the blocks and got driven back a ton of plays (no chance when guard came to help as well).

Advertisement
Back