Zach McCloud decommits

Advertisement
Did ya'll see Shaq's response to McCloud decommiting..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zach about to make me come see him in Santaluces.</p>— LegendOfTheGr8 (@OgBoobie_Shaq) <a href="https://twitter.com/OgBoobie_Shaq/status/664946376812400641">November 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sh*t, tweet won't embed.. But Shaq said he going to Santaluces..

Last edited:
E=BWCD;2367442]
One interesting thing you will like. Some kids who didnt want to bother with us before have new interest and are anxious to see who the new coach is.
This is the key thing everyone needs to keep in mind.

How nuts would it be to catapult ourselves into the lead for players like Shavar Manuel, Isaac Nauta, Trayvon Mullen, etc...all with just one coaching hire? Wouldn't it be great to get (back) in on the recruitment of guys like Chauncey Gardner, TJ Chase, Carlin Fils-Aime, etc...

Remember, there are guys who saw how bad things were w/Golden. They stayed away because of it, even though they wanted to be Canes. Now, with the right hire, those guys are right back in play...even if they are EE kids.[/QUOTE]

Thats why you don't stress now. Regardless of who the coach is it'll bring excitement and if its the right pick those kids will be hyped and have pressure to stay. The kids who decommit now are just looking out for themselves but most will still hivee us a great chance in the end

Advertisement
Seems like McCloud liked butch a lot, let's hope he gets back into this class. This kid is a beast.

Advertisement
I disagree. He just doesnt want to EE to a school with no coach. Which I cant blame him for. EEs report in two weeks I believe. Once we get Butch officially onboard he will recommit the very same day I predict. He wants to be here. So does his family.

Also Shaq pops said that the admins told him that the coach would be named by the time they all come for their visit or on the same day as the visit. (dec 11th) I predict Jamel Cook flips as well. I think he is EE.

^Jassid, I hope you are right. One thing Golden deserves credit for is not leaving the barn on fire like Shannon did from a recruiting perspective. Guys like Beard and Scott on his staff and all the ties to the community have kept this tight even with the uncertainty. We could close in epic fashion with the right name in place in the next week or two..

Fliping Jamel Cook and getting Mccloud back would be great. Both kids would be logging time next season regardless who the coach is.

Advertisement
Fliping Jamel Cook and getting Mccloud back would be great. Both kids would be logging time next season regardless who the coach is.
Jamel will not be seeing playing time next year

You dont think so....We dont even have 5 cbs on the roster nxt year....he would be seeing specials and if he wants to line up a cb for us.

It's crazy how thin we are at CB. And that's 5 CB's IF Corn comes back. If he doesn't, Mayes and Redwine are our most experienced corners. We need some JUCO help at CB to be honest.

Jamel will not be seeing playing time next year

You dont think so....We dont even have 5 cbs on the roster nxt year....he would be seeing specials and if he wants to line up a cb for us.

Special teams maybe not corner though trust me ive watched him plenty times live this year, good football player though with time just has to work on his foot quickness and change of direction especially hips wise

Advertisement

Jamel Cook shouldn't be a priority

You realize after next season we lose, Carter and Jenkins, leaving us with four whole safety's, JJ and Robert Knowles as Juniors, Ced Wright as a Sophmore and Ahmon Ross as a Fresh. Any good safety in this class should be a priority.

You know the key word you said was "after next season"..... besides it's better prospects at Safety anyway and if you think you we should offer to keep a pipeline to central then I definitely don't value your opinion that boy stiffer than a raw pack of ramen noodles.

He isn't a priority you rush to offer because he's an early enrollee. now is the time you search for a couple athletes that can play db or safety... people are infatuated with his height thinking he's going to be like Richard Sherman smh....

I try not to bash kids but he's a plan B-/C kid type of kid. You can find athletes to play safety anywhere in Florida he isn't "it". Not the kind you make a priority!

You know the key word you said was "after next season"..... besides it's better prospects at Safety anyway and if you think you we should offer to keep a pipeline to central then I definitely don't value your opinion that boy stiffer than a raw pack of ramen noodles.

He isn't a priority you rush to offer because he's an early enrollee. now is the time you search for a couple athletes that can play db or safety... people are infatuated with his height thinking he's going to be like Richard Sherman smh....

I try not to bash kids but he's a plan B-/C kid type of kid. You can find athletes to play safety anywhere in Florida he isn't "it". Not the kind you make a priority!

You do realize were two months away from signing day. This recruiting cycle is coming to an end not starting. The only other Safeties we have a chance for this class are, Studsill and Jeff James Jr. And why are you acting like he hasn't been offered? He was offered like 6 months ago. And bottom line kid makes plays at one of the best high schools in the country on both sides of the ball, and your only knock is he looks stiff.

Advertisement
Back