Z’s prospect watch: Pensacola CB Damarius McGhee

Not sure what him running in a straight line has to do with him not running Full speed. I've watched his film several times. He only runs as fast as he needs to. You can tell when he turns on the jets and when he isn't.. Curtis is also clocked at 4.48 and McGhee runs a 4.56. So unless Edwards is running a sub 4.48 I doubt he's faster
Everything you said was a lie he did run at full speed plenty of times and it was all in a straight line.
What 4.48, some bs hand time 40, if it's not verified I dont believe it.

Advertisement
He burned his way into the position he should have been playing from jump street too.

What is the obsession with only straight line gym shorts track speed on here? lol

The corches fooked up bigly but not switching his position, which should have been obvious from high school film.

Shields' speed and quickness is not an obsession, it's hard fact. It's why he lasted in the NFL. It's a fact that Sam Shields is an incredibly fast- and incredibly quick and agile- human being. We are talking 4.3 FLAT kind of speed, sub 4.2 in the shuttle. Curtis isn't on that level. Not even close. That's why the comparison doesn't work.

Everything you said was a lie he did run at full speed plenty of times and it was all in a straight line.
What 4.48, some bs hand time 40, if it's not verified I dont believe it.
I said about 70% of the time he didn't. I didn't Say he ran half speed all the time.

So, the conversation is good. Curtis is fast but is a questionable take at corner. I compare him to Good who we took a commit from a couple years ago and ended up at UCF.

This is a flier. If he looks good as a senior, then he has a spot. If not, they will move on. My opinion, they will do better at corner and move on. You can’t have it every which way. The same people *****ing about “backup” plans with Yulkeith Brown also ***** about Malik Curtis. Believe it or not, there is a plan, generally.

The corches fooked up bigly but not switching his position, which should have been obvious from high school film.

Shields' speed and quickness is not an obsession, it's hard fact. It's why he lasted in the NFL. It's a fact that Sam Shields is an incredibly fast- and incredibly quick and agile- human being. We are talking 4.3 FLAT kind of speed, sub 4.2 in the shuttle. Curtis isn't on that level. Not even close. That's why the comparison doesn't work.

He also lasted because he learned the position he was supposed to play, showed better traits for the position, came up with turnovers, and was similar in height as curtis.

Curtis hasn't even played his senior year yet or gotten on a college weight room/food program.

I'm sticking to my Comp

Advertisement
Lol dude isn’t faster than McGhee and Edwards go watch the tape. McGhee is playing the same comp Redding was playing in Pensacola and was lapping dudes with the ball in his hands while Malik was ran down. Edwards is faster vs. better comp on tape too. Both play DB and Malik doesn’t. Glad he’s fast though...even though he doesn’t know how to play CB like the other 2.

Last edited:
No. But saying a dude can’t be a corner cause he hasn’t played much at the position isn’t true.
I'm not totally down on him as a prospect but his film looks like it's against scrubs....his track times aren't elite....
I just don't see him ever playing cb at Miami....I could be wrong tho.....

Advertisement
BTW TuTu Atwell ran similar times his high school Junior season so I guess hes slow too?
Curtis ran one 11.13 pr.....after ran 11.53, 11.36, ,11.27, Atwell best times were 10.84, 10.93, 10.85 he also reached the state in the 100.....also, Tutu is a much more explosive athlete....his elite burst is the reason he breaks long runs.... Curtis is not on his level....

Last edited:
Guys we’ve seen this movie before. Good was committed to us and we obsessed over his track speed but he never played corner his senior year. We dropped him like a bad habit and now he’s a RB or something at Ucf. Good fit there if ya ask me. Consider this the same thing except Curtis has more wiggle and good probably has an edge in all out track speed

I said about 70% of the time he didn't. I didn't Say he ran half speed all the time.
And I'm telling you that's bs, do you know him personally? The dude is running full speed in his film 90% of the time trying to score, them kids he is playing are slow af, go watch the film starting at 2:40, he gets chased down. Again Curtis is fast, but he is faster than any of the guys I have mention who play the CB position.

Advertisement
Curtis ran one 11.13 pr.....after ran 11.53, 11.36, ,11.27, Atwell best times were 10.84, 10.93, 10.85 he also reached the state in the 100.....also, Tutu is a much more explosive athlete....his elite burst is the reason he breaks long runs.... Curtis is not on his level....

Nice try clown...way to forget the times I was referring to. Also, Curtis is a senior this year so lets see what his times are and then get back to me.

100 Meters

Nice try clown...way to forget the times I was referring to. Also, Curtis is a senior this year so lets see what his times are and then get back to me.

100 Meters
Curtis ran one decent time 11.13 which he came in 3rd after that he ran slow times..... the two kids that beat him aren't speedsters either.... Chatman ran 11.57, 11.26, 11.40 after beating Curtis...just face it the kid isn't a burner...Tutu ran consistently much better times and made states...it don't see a comparison between the two at all....Tutu was much more explosive on film against better competition....

Curtis ran one decent time 11.13 which he came in 3rd after that he ran slow times..... the two kids that beat him aren't speedsters either.... Chatman ran 11.57, 11.26, 11.40 after beating Curtis...just face it the kid isn't a burner...Tutu ran consistently much better times and made states...it don't see a comparison between the two at all....Tutu was much more explosive on film against better competition....

Some guys are track fast and football fast. Some guys are just football fast. Curtis looks football fast. Tutu is both.

Advertisement
Some guys are track fast and football fast. Some guys are just football fast. Curtis looks football fast. Tutu is both.
I know about football speed....Curtis is pulling away from scrubs....there is a play on his film where the defender is closing fast at the 2:47 mark then it cuts to the next play....lol

This guy looks more like a corner than CURTIS. Who clearly looks like a slot receiver. I say take this kid as CB move Malik to slot and we don’t have to worry about taking another athlete. Once Brashard comes onboard.

But a Perma Ban on the line then...If Curtis track times as a SENIOR are still the same or worse ill be banned. If they improve like TUTU's did over the course of high school then you are Perma Banned. Deal?

Oh, yeah, definitely. I just have that coming off a 6-7 cap on. If we get 10-11 W's studs like Marshall are possible!

Burns, McGhee, and M Brown (CB from IMG) would be a **** good haul. I know we're counting Curtis as CB now, but I see him as a D Good (the kid from 2019 class) in that he's in now....maybe not later.
would love that class at CB! All 3 with All-ACC potential

Advertisement
Back