Z’s prospect watch: Pensacola CB Damarius McGhee

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
“Malik Curtis will play CB at Miami because they want speed”. Hehe, hey @Liberty City El and @RVACane! Watch this.

Damarius McGhee is a 6’0 160 pound CB from Pensacola, FL and plays for Pensacola Catholic. Damarius McGhee runs a lasered 4.56, a 4.25 shuttle, and a 30‘ vert all while looking like he’s never seen a weight room. Really good balls skill here on top of kick return skill. There’s no worry about how physical the kid is because he try’s to light you up every time he hits you. Huge plus that he can come inside and play nickel as well. Don’t know why he’s so low, maybe because he plays for a small school but the only site with a legit grade on him is 247.

0ED8245B-1F0A-4655-83DB-1F727C8E3CE2.gif

Advertisement
He's another lightweight but he's impressive. The speed shows on the field and he tracks the ball well but he's making all his plays at safety it appears but he should be able to play CB as well. I seen his hudl a few months ago either here or 247. Are we recruiting this kid? We probably should be since we don't have the best track record with signing the top tier kids.

I'm surprised Damarius hasn't been offered yet. You're not lying about the weight room part, kid is really lanky in person but has those long arms. Simeon Price ATH West Florida 2021, Azareyeh Thomas ATH Niceville 2022 and Raymond Cottrell WR Milton 2023 are also kids that need offers.

He's another lightweight but he's impressive. The speed shows on the field and he tracks the ball well but he's making all his plays at safety it appears but he should be able to play CB as well. I seen his hudl a few months ago either here or 247. Are we recruiting this kid? We probably should be since we don't have the best track record with signing the top tier kids.
I'm surprised Damarius hasn't been offered yet. You're not lying about the weight room part, kid is really lanky in person but has those long arms. Simeon Price ATH West Florida 2021, Azareyeh Thomas ATH Niceville 2022 and Raymond Cottrell WR Milton 2023 are also kids that need offers.
Simeon Price is another dude that’s another physical beast that fits what we do. I think these dude are just lazy or are too married to t SFL/SWFL. This might not be a popular opinion but it’s a fact that Clemson really doesn’t have to recruit outside of West GA, SC, and NC to find talent but their boards even for guys like McGhee spend the entire country. This marriage to this region allows us not to find athletic dynamos like him and allows him to go to a place like Ole Miss. Not expanding our recruiting map doesn’t allow to find this kid who’ll probably be 6’1 170 coming in and have us recruiting Nigel Bethel or undersized Trajan Bandy who probably should’ve been a safety.

Advertisement
Hes another kid that could play either side of the ball. Kid is just a straight baller.
He could but if you’re taking that physicality and putting it on O then you better have a good reason.

Advertisement
Decent prospect. Point on speed well taken. But i hope you aren’t using 30 inch vert to make any kinda case. That’s awful for a db prospect

Decent prospect. Point on speed well taken. But i hope you aren’t using 30 inch vert to make any kinda case. That’s awful for a db prospect
Those testing numbers are over a year ago, not to mention it was said he is not a gym rat, which probably plays a factor. You get him in a college program and that easily turns into a 37...and that is assuming he has not progress over a year.

Well thank god this is from his sophmore year and there’s this this called a weight room that can help with that isn’t there?

Well thank god this is from his sophmore year and there’s this this called a weight room that can help with that isn’t there?

Oh you didn't specify that in your post...I figured since '21, that this were recent numbers.

Advertisement
Oh you didn't specify that in your post...I figured since '21, that this were recent numbers.
let me get this straight, you thought these time were “recent” even though not a single camp has been held even though EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY has been home since March?

Simeon Price is another dude that’s another physical beast that fits what we do. I think these dude are just lazy or are too married to t SFL/SWFL. This might not be a popular opinion but it’s a fact that Clemson really doesn’t have to recruit outside of West GA, SC, and NC to find talent but their boards even for guys like McGhee spend the entire country. This marriage to this region allows us not to find athletic dynamos like him and allows him to go to a place like Ole Miss. Not expanding our recruiting map doesn’t allow to find this kid who’ll probably be 6’1 170 coming in and have us recruiting Nigel Bethel or undersized Trajan Bandy who probably should’ve been a safety.

Simeon reached out to DVD on Twitter and he responded but nothing came out of it. From what I've heard, he really wants an offer from Miami and wants to play offense in college.

Advertisement
Simeon reached out to DVD on Twitter and he responded but nothing came out of it. From what I've heard, he really wants an offer from Miami and wants to play offense in college.
That’s probably why. Dude’s got some serious wiggle and toughness but I graded him as a safety. Talented kid though, just tell him that he’s got to get every option open and take any opportunity given. Kids switch positions all the time and become 1st round picks because of it.

“while Pensacola Catholic three-star cornerback Damarius McGhee continues to be evaluated.”

That’s from Ivins. These dudes are a bunch of tards. Dude has offers from UGA(on the 6th), Ole Miss, Utah, GT, Miss St, Kentucky and a bunch morebut we’re still evaluating lol.
Two words......Mike Rumph

Advertisement
Back