Yulkieth Brown

You take both.
You don’t know who will develop into a running back or who will be a better receiver. idk anybody who thought dj would be drafted as a running back when he was being recruited.
And if that’s the case they might even both be drafted as some sort of hybrid slot/running back.
The league is changing and even a guy like Duke is used a lot as a receiver.
What if one of those dudes gets to 210 by his junior year? Any of those dudes at 5’9-5’10 at 205lbs is going to be a problem. As a defense you’re gong to have to account for a high tempo offense that can put elite players makers 2 deep the whole game.
Restrepo, Brown, Smith and everyone else.
No breaks not rest just ballers coming at you in waves.

Advertisement
Lets say Brinson and Kinchens commis. We would only have 8 spots left. We still need another safety, corner, DT and 2 ends, QB. Now you have a decision to make. Take another tackle, wr or RB ? I just dont see how we take both.
Drop someone but you get both if they say yes.

Rumph prefers wide receivers as cornerbacks so he can just convert one of these two if needed. Problem solved.

Advertisement
Speed and playmaking ability can absolutely be more important than being a great catcher for a WR. A good coach and OC can find a role for him 100%. Lets assume you are correct and he doesn't catch very well... does that somehow mean he'll never practice and be good enough to at least be average at it? I mean you say Amari is an average catcher, and given how bad he is at it, I don't see how a player can't reach that level of catching ability. Literally just go to the machine and catch hundreds of balls every week. You can absolutely become at least average at catching just through pure repitition.

Athleticism and Play making ability is a pretty great skillset to have. Not every WR needs to be OBJ mossing DBs on jump balls. Having a guy who can just burn dbs deep and run crossing routes and catch when he's open and make plays after the catch can be pretty ******* great.

He may never be Larry Fitzgerald catching the ball but he doesn't need to be in order to be a take...

George, Smith, and Brown seem a bit redundant...and, I don't want to be a hypocrite...I've been an advocate of getting some more tall wide receivers and getting three slot receivers, its a bit questionable.

But, if we're running the Lashlee offense for the foreseeable future...fvck it, lets ride...just get playmakers. I see Smith and Brown more as ATH...they want to play WR, whatever it takes to get them here and we'll figure it out later. I don't know how we make the numbers work, but if we pull a class of skill guys consisting of Franklin, Daniels, (tall+fast WR - say Alexis or whatever), George, Brown, Smith, Arroyo, Brantley...we most definitely fvckin.

This thread is crazy lol. I think Smith is clearly the better player but yul is a for sure take. I don’t think he’s a natural hands catcher but none of that matters because once he has the ball it’s magic. With all that being said I think smith is better and had a higher ceiling. Just my opinion I’m no pro.

Advertisement
Gotta disagree. Can’t take either of those guys over a 6ft and growing 180 pound deep threat with hands like his. No matter how electric they are they’re limited to slot wr’s. He can play in and out
Was Steve Smith limited to the slot?

Advertisement
Recruiting guys don't know shìt & he's been stand out performer on the 7v7 circuit his entire time in HS.

He's one of the best playmakers in South FL & is a true deep threat, ask any of the coaches that have had to play against him & they'll tell you the same thing. After transferring in the middle of the season from Gulliver to Central without even having any days to practice he caught a 60+ yard bomb on Ron Delancy. He was also did well at the Rivals camp in the 1v1 drills for WR's.

Whether he's behind Brashard doesn't really matter if they're recruiting them both pretty hard.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's not good football player or not a take.

I don’t know if he has good hands or not because I’ve never watched him, but using the philosophy that the other individual just did we wouldn’t have signed Andre Johnson 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Speaking of, I'm randomly trying to learn Spanish (via Duolingo). Good lord it's slow going.
That makes me happy. I married a Dominican to speed up the process but I used to do Duolingo and I might start up again.

I learned more Spanish watching Narcos on Netflix than I did in 3 years of it in high school.

You didn't have the right Spanish teacher, I bet you would have gotten an "A+" with a Spanish teacher like Ms. D. Sanchez!
tenor.gif

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back